It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia Page 3

• Page

of 4 First / Last

• LittleSparra 8 May 2017 22:32:47 6,042 posts
    Seen 14 minutes ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Yup. Watched the first 4. Really good. The waterpark was ace.
  • NotBdaggers 9 May 2017 06:30:30 112 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 1 year ago
    Brilliant show. Can't believe it's taken me so long to find it, but I'm working my way thru the back catalogue now.

#ThankYouNetflix
  • twelveways 9 May 2017 11:46:17 7,095 posts
    Seen 49 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Water park episode was brilliant but it went downhill from there, definitely the weakest season. The MMA episode was awful.
  • Armoured_Bear 9 May 2017 12:03:07 19,675 posts
    Seen 50 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    I'm on Season 9, still loving it.
    Having to buy each season as it's not on Netflix in Switzerland :-(
  • jagg3r 9 May 2017 12:51:09 1,278 posts
    Seen 34 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    @Armoured_Bear I could upload seasons 10 & 11 if you want? Could send you a link to my google drive. Pm me.
  • TheMayorOfJugs 9 May 2017 13:34:40 6,461 posts
    Seen 21 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    twelveways wrote:
    Water park episode was brilliant but it went downhill from there, definitely the weakest season. The MMA episode was awful.
    Whaaaaaaaaat? This was a great season. How can you not love FIGHT MILK?

Making Denis Reynolds A Murderer is also one of the all time classics.
  • Armoured_Bear 9 May 2017 13:39:13 19,675 posts
    Seen 50 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    TheMayorOfJugs wrote:
    twelveways wrote:
    Whaaaaaaaaat? This was a great season. How can you not love FIGHT MILK?

Making Denis Reynolds A Murderer is also one of the all time classics.
    Nice spoilers, idiot.
  • MrFlay 9 May 2017 13:51:47 3,065 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I'd like to see a full-length Lethal Weapon sequel by the gang. Never going to happen but it would be amazing.
  • Frogofdoom 9 May 2017 13:56:15 4,627 posts
    Seen 25 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    @Armoured_Bear its the name of an episode so feel free to apologise.
  • twelveways 9 May 2017 17:44:34 7,095 posts
    Seen 49 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    There weren't any spoilers.

The Making A Murderer episode was excellent, I'll concede that.
  • Armoured_Bear 9 May 2017 18:49:54 19,675 posts
    Seen 50 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Frogofdoom wrote:
    @Armoured_Bear its the name of an episode so feel free to apologise.
    It was a joke.
  • Goban 9 May 2017 19:25:30 9,907 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Is this really worth watching? Tried a couple of episodes and it seemed pretty meh.
  • Frogofdoom 9 May 2017 19:33:45 4,627 posts
    Seen 25 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    If you dont like it after 5 you probably never will.
  • Goban 9 May 2017 19:36:30 9,907 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Ok, may not have given it enough of a chance, will revisit.
  • captainrentboy 9 May 2017 19:45:28 1,639 posts
    Seen 7 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Goban wrote:
    Is this really worth watching? Tried a couple of episodes and it seemed pretty meh.
    I thought exactly the same, the first season is generally a bit low budget and rough around the edges, and by the end of it I wasn't seeing what the fuss was about. I kept on though, as there was fuck all else to watch at the time, and thankfully it just got better and better.
    Now I love it, and it's up there as one of my favourite comedies of all time.
  • Goban 9 May 2017 19:47:04 9,907 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    That's got my interest tweaked, cheers
  • Frogofdoom 9 May 2017 19:50:17 4,627 posts
    Seen 25 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Actually thats a fair point. There is another character who isnt in s1 who joins at the start of s2 i think. He makes a big difference.
  • LittleSparra 9 May 2017 19:52:17 6,042 posts
    Seen 14 minutes ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    If you're not a fan of Americans shouting-a-lot-as-comedy, you might be put off (sometimes it veers a little close to that shit), but generally it's pretty good and often great.

Edited by LittleSparra at 19:52:33 09-05-2017
  • Trafford 11 May 2017 22:56:03 7,866 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Hah! Just watched the first of the new series on Netflix. One of the best, a ridiculous flight of fantasy episode.
    This show has supplanted all and is my current favourite American sitcom ever.
    Replacing MASH, Cheers, Seinfeld, Curb etc.
  • mal 11 May 2017 23:04:05 27,574 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    Nurse Hotlips 4eva, man!
  • twelveways 12 May 2017 05:53:12 7,095 posts
    Seen 49 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Trafford wrote:
    Hah! Just watched the first of the new series on Netflix. One of the best, a ridiculous flight of fantasy episode.
    This show has supplanted all and is my current favourite American sitcom ever.
    Replacing MASH, Cheers, Seinfeld, Curb etc.
    MASH? really? There's loads of stuff better than those shows. Workaholics is fantastic if you haven't already seen it
  • Youthist 12 May 2017 07:45:31 12,552 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Mash is an all-time great show.

I just saw fight-milk and I thought it was a fairly weak episode unfortunately. Same for water park (but enjoyed WP more). First episode has been the best so far but I hope the entire thing picks up tbh.

Also proclaiming this show overall goes down in legend above Mash, Cheers, Curb, Seinfeld is just plain rude. It's great don't get me wrong but not in that league.
  • You-can-call-me-kal 12 May 2017 10:43:45 7,813 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Youthist wrote:
    Mash is an all-time great show.

I just saw fight-milk and I thought it was a fairly weak episode unfortunately. Same for water park (but enjoyed WP more). First episode has been the best so far but I hope the entire thing picks up tbh.

Also proclaiming this show overall goes down in legend above Mash, Cheers, Curb, Seinfeld is just plain rude. It's great don't get me wrong but not in that league.
    Yeah, Seinfeld, Mash, Cheers etc are proper genre defining classics of massive importance, not to mention incredibly high quality. The suggestion that Workaholics is better than these is kind of amazing. Itís a decent enough show, but itís a dwarf standing on the shoulders of those giants.

That said, Itís Always Sunny is staking a claim for a position up there. Itís now the longest running live action sitcom ever, and considering its written by them thatís a pretty stunning achievement. I think it also does a lot of the things those greats do, i.e. challenge conventions etc.

I actually think it has a lot of parallels with Seinfeld. The basis of that was they all the characters werenít particularly likeable - selfish, manipulative, deceitful etc. Itís Always Sunny takes that to a much more extreme level but theyíre not dissimilar.
  • Mola_Ram 12 May 2017 11:27:49 15,156 posts
    Seen 39 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Is Dennis still leaving the show? I read an interview that said he might.

I'd be gutted if he was. He's probably my favourite character (favourite in the sense that he makes me cringe the most).
  • Mola_Ram 12 May 2017 11:34:11 15,156 posts
    Seen 39 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    And yeah, this show is right up there. It's kind of sort of similar to Seinfeld, but the characters in Seinfeld were (at least to me) somewhat recognisable as human beings. That is not the case here - The Gang are cartoonishly awful. It's impossible to feel sympathy for any of them, because every time one of them goes "wow, this is pretty wrong guys", you remember the last episode where they themselves did something equally wrong.

Which is by design, of course. I love this show! It's just very different to most other comedies I've seen.
  • You-can-call-me-kal 12 May 2017 12:13:38 7,813 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    It's got more cartoonish as its gone along. The first season they are all pretty human and there's strong parallels with Seinfeld and Curb.

At this point it's so meta it's more comparable with something like Community.
  • Decks Best Forumite, 2016 12 May 2017 12:18:49 7,837 posts
    Seen 6 minutes ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Admittedly I've only watched the first 2 seasons but it doesn't deserve to be mentioned in the same breath as Seinfeld imo.
  • Trafford 12 May 2017 12:20:41 7,866 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I was referring to Mash as from when I watched it when I was about 14. Don't think I'd bother watching again now but at the time it was pretty special. Like the others were back in the day.
  • Mfolf 12 May 2017 12:32:09 641 posts
    Seen 40 minutes ago
    Registered 6 months ago
    Decks wrote:
    Admittedly I've only watched the first 2 seasons but it doesn't deserve to be mentioned in the same breath as Seinfeld imo.
    Would agree with this (but having watched them all up to half way through latest season). It falls too easily into lazy writing at times and cheap shocks. The quick descent into loud annoying shouty arguments that add nothing to the episode is basically just a form of laugh track. Fills up a few vital seconds and moves audience into next section. But somehow more annoying that laugh tracks and often makes me turn down volume as I can't be arsed with it.

Still a great show though.
  • Mola_Ram 12 May 2017 12:34:07 15,156 posts
    Seen 39 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    It starts getting really great around S3/4 imo. I know people go on about The Nightman Cometh, but there's heaps of other goodness there. Dennis and Dee's Mom is Dead is still one of my favourites, even years later.
  • Page

of 4 First / Last

Sometimes posts may contain links to online retail stores. If you click on one and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.