of 17 First / Last

• Vaarna 26 Oct 2013 15:04:41 39 posts
    Seen 3 weeks ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Exhibit E
  • thedaveeyres 26 Oct 2013 15:07:19 11,085 posts
    Seen 9 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Noam Chomsky never phoned a pensioner boasting about how he'd fucked their grand-daughter, what does he know?

D****** ******r

XBLA: Hamster Trippin
    Steam: thedaveeyres
    PSN: HamsterTrippin

• Tonka 26 Oct 2013 15:25:01 20,440 posts
    Seen 6 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    The 1% thing is the greatest deception of them all. Makes people believe they have a shot at insane wealth.

If you can read this you really need to fiddle with your forum settings.

• senso-ji 26 Oct 2013 15:28:16 5,914 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    RightBean wrote:
    The more I listen to brand in this interview, the more I hear Alex Jones

Edit: oh look:
    It'll be the end of humanity, not it's revolution, if Jones and Brand team up to lead it.
  • Deleted user 26 October 2013 19:15:59
    Craziest week I've ever had so haven't had a chance to see this. Watching it now, fucking hell. Someone just entered 6th year. WE DONT NEED CORPORATIONS OR CURRENCY, WE SHOULD JUST HAVE A BAKER THAT MAKES BREAD AND EVERYONE SHOULD BE HAPPY.

can't believe this shit has been all over my Facebook this week.
  • StixxUK 26 Oct 2013 20:15:30 7,255 posts
    Seen 54 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Brand is very good at answering back and coming across well. There isn't much of substance here but it will get a few people thinking and talking. Mostly crap, but who knows maybe someone will come up with something half decent that catches on.
  • StixxUK 26 Oct 2013 20:16:30 7,255 posts
    Seen 54 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Let me clarify: I like him, I find him very entertaining. I just don't think he's anything interesting politically.
  • Tonka 26 Oct 2013 21:02:37 20,440 posts
    Seen 6 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    @mowgli was that an actual quote?

• Darth_Flibble 26 Oct 2013 21:34:48 1,694 posts
    Seen 14 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    If thats an actual quote they are a waste of oxygen
  • King_Edward 26 Oct 2013 21:52:32 11,454 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    StixxUK wrote:
    Let me clarify: I like him, I find him very entertaining. I just don't think he's anything interesting politically.
    Nothing is interesting politically.
  • Deleted user 26 October 2013 21:54:40
    Tonka wrote:
    @mowgli was that an actual quote?
    Wasn't far removed. But I'm not going to listen to it again to clarify.
  • spamdangled 26 Oct 2013 22:05:03 27,355 posts
    Seen 3 days ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    It just came across to me like he'd finished watching Fight Club for the first time.

3DS: 4055-2781-2855 Xbox: spamdangled PSN: dark_morgan Wii U: Spamdangle Steam: spamdangled

• Tonka 26 Oct 2013 22:13:27 20,440 posts
    Seen 6 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    @mowgli he didn't say any of it so you couldn't be further removed if you tried.

• Deleted user 26 October 2013 23:11:44
    Well actually it was in the same bullshit WE SHOULD ALL JUST BE HAPPY THEN THE WORLD WORLD BE HAPPIER empty nonsense theme. But I'm sure it connected with you at a deep level. WAKE UP
  • Deleted user 26 October 2013 23:19:38
    Actually, lol, I just went back through the thread and see he really did connect with you with his empty nonsense statements and his word of the day attempt at legitimacy. You're a fucking idiot son.

Smiley face

Edited by mowgli at 23:41:53 26-10-2013
  • King_Edward 27 Oct 2013 00:03:05 11,454 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    mowgli wrote:
    Well actually it was in the same bullshit WE SHOULD ALL JUST BE HAPPY THEN THE WORLD WORLD BE HAPPIER empty nonsense theme. But I'm sure it connected with you at a deep level. WAKE UP
    He didn't say that either. More like GREEDY SELF INTERESTED BILLIONAIRES SHOULDN'T BE ALLOWED TO DICTATE GOVERNMENTAL POLICY AT THE EXPENSE OF THE PLANET WE LIVE ON AND THE HAPPINESS OF THE PEOPLE THOSE GOVERNMENTS ARE SUPPOSED TO REPRESENT. It's not original, and it doesn't offer a solution, but you'd have to be a moron to reduce it to 'don't worry, be happy'.
  • RichieTenenbaum 27 Oct 2013 00:18:37 2,211 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    The important thing is that someone is asking the question.

All political parties seemed to have decided that modern free market economics and the current forms of capitalism are here to stay and the best systems. They're merely arguing for small, semantic changes within that system. But I'm not sure they've won the argument. There's debate to be had and mainstream parties certainly aren't interested in it.

I am glad someone is talking about ideas.
  • Tonka 27 Oct 2013 06:07:21 20,440 posts
    Seen 6 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    @mowgli your way of discussing things will prevent you from learning new things.

• RedSparrows 27 Oct 2013 11:09:23 22,752 posts
    Seen 7 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    RichieTenenbaum wrote:
    The important thing is that someone is asking the question.

All political parties seemed to have decided that modern free market economics and the current forms of capitalism are here to stay and the best systems. They're merely arguing for small, semantic changes within that system. But I'm not sure they've won the argument. There's debate to be had and mainstream parties certainly aren't interested in it.

I am glad someone is talking about ideas.
    Yeah: despite the system really suffering a significant problem, from within, the assumption is a return to this system, pretty much as was, is the thing to do.
  • Moot_Point 27 Oct 2013 12:08:20 4,109 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Russell Brand is a hypocritical bellend.

================================================================================

mowgli wrote: I thought the 1 married the .2 and founded Islam?

• LetsGo 28 Oct 2013 14:03:45 5,217 posts
    Seen 6 days ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    What a fantastic article. The Spectator

and in Brand’s case a comedian who won fame by sexually humiliating a woman on the radio and who apparently thinks it normal to harass every woman in his vicinity is now Che Guevara because he uses words like ‘pre-existing paradigm’ in conversation with Jeremy Paxman. Oh, and because he makes a public show of spurning a right that people died for.

I certainly believe in a more equal society; which is why I suggest that, if we’re going to have a revolution, we begin with Brand’s new $2.224 million dollar mansion in the Hollywood Hills.

• King_Edward 28 Oct 2013 14:18:01 11,454 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    It's not fantastic though is it? It's highlighting irrelevancy to undermine an argument. A sort of 'strawman' if you will.
  • craigy Staff 28 Oct 2013 14:24:51 7,662 posts
    Seen 9 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    What lazy writing in the Spectator piece. The opening paragraph shows how black and white Bloodworth sees the world, with Brand either being a "buffoon" or "genius". Is there no grey area? Could he not be, y'know, somewhere in between two extremes?

Brand was already famous before Sachsgate, too, but it makes for easy reading to think that the incident was engineered to create infamy. Also, he is alleged (by The Sun) to have harassed a woman, so the article extrapolates that to him harassing "every woman in his vicinity". Terrible writing. Potentially libellous?

It's not even a clever point for the author to suggest we start the redistribution with Brand's assets -- he intimated that much in his interview with Paxman, talking about how he'd happily give up his trinkets to create a fairer society.

Bad writing.
  • ScoutTech 28 Oct 2013 14:49:41 2,424 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Brand comes across as a that poncy art student that every college seemed to have that thought that because he used as many big words as he could in a sentence and could ramble on, it made him deep and meaningful. This illusion would wow many people and appear impressive until you actually listened to what they said and interpreted it or tried to have a proper conversation and debate with them, at which point they didn't have anything of substance to say but they'd claim the problem was with you as you didn't understand the issue/what he was saying/the words he was using and flounce of.
    He says some interesting things but it is all very superficial and when you actually break down what he says isn't really that novel.
  • ScoutTech 28 Oct 2013 14:56:44 2,424 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    craigy wrote:
    It's not even a clever point for the author to suggest we start the redistribution with Brand's assets -- he intimated that much in his interview with Paxman, talking about how he'd happily give up his trinkets to create a fairer society.
    Don't dispute about the writing but it is all well and good Brand saying he would, well what is stopping him? He could have picked cheaper more modest housing, still lived well but put the rest to good use helping to change society.
  • Deleted user 28 October 2013 14:58:17
    Haven't read the spectator piece but brand deserves derision for speaking utter bollocks. It was sixth form, WAKE UP, levels of insight and if it genuinely connected with you at any level you seriously need to consider your life.

He said absolutely nothing insightful, nothing at all that isn't bloody obvious to anyone with half a brain. Paxman may have been his usual blunt self but he funking had to be. If you've been given a platform and are determined to state a point you absolutely should be pulled up on it. Otherwise it is nothing more than 'everyone should be happy and the world will be happier' or 'Africans are starving so we should feed them'. These are empty, pointless statements that belong on newsround.

I don't even have a problem with brand, it's the legion of brain dead fucktards that he's spawned that I can't stand.
  • Bremenacht 28 Oct 2013 15:00:09 18,286 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    LetsGo wrote:
    What a fantastic article. The Spectator
    A significant part of the political establishment criticising someone for criticising the political establishment. Well I never!
  • Bremenacht 28 Oct 2013 15:02:11 18,286 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    mowgli wrote:
    I don't even have a problem with brand, it's the legion of brain dead fucktards that he's spawned that I can't stand.
    These fucktards are significantly more brain dead than those who go out voting Labour or Tories every GE are they? Or more brain dead than those who do nothing?

Anyone who argues for change is worth a listen.
  • imamazed 28 Oct 2013 15:04:50 5,622 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Bremenacht wrote:
    mowgli wrote:

Anyone who argues for change is worth a listen.
    Al Qaeda?
  • Page

of 17 First / Last