Diablo 3 Page 200

• Page

of 325 First / Last

• spamdangled 29 Oct 2013 19:07:00 27,475 posts
    Seen 27 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    @TheMayorOfJugs

I found the monk good fun and easy to play with. Ranged classes tend to be harder to play in general due to being far less health with melee.

Monk gives out bloody ridiculous damage once you get going, and with such a ridiculous amount of dex you won't be taking a huge amount in return. Plus monk gear comes with a lot of bonuses to things like life on hit, vampirism (transfers health from monster to you). Then they have their healing abilities, as well as a lot of AOE attacks and decent crowd control.

3DS: 4055-2781-2855 Xbox: spamdangled PSN: dark_morgan Wii U: Spamdangle Steam: spamdangled

• TheMayorOfJugs 29 Oct 2013 19:27:51 4,530 posts
    Seen 21 minutes ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Thanks for the insight lads and ladies. After much deliberation over a sandwhich and tea, I've decided to go with the wizard, even though the female monk is aestheticically my favourite, as I have a case of the shinys. (WhizzBitch as TheWizardOfJugs was too many characters :-( )

How long would you say before it opens up? The opening cinematic is gorgeous :-o

Edited by TheMayorOfJugs at 19:29:15 29-10-2013
  • spamdangled 29 Oct 2013 19:41:18 27,475 posts
    Seen 27 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Every character gains access to a new active/passive skill or a rune at every level up to 60.

You get the the Blacksmith artisan in Act 1 pretty early on, and the jeweller artisan about halfway through Act 2.

Any previously completed quest can be replayed straight away from the main menu (both single-player and multiplayer, you don't have to progress both separately) and the 4 difficulties unlock in order upon completing the previous one.

Your first playthrough will take between 10-20 hours, depending on difficulty and personal playtime, but ymmv.

After completing Inferno difficulty, you're officially into endgame, which will involve you playing on the Master settings and gaining keys from the keywardens in each act (who only appear on Inferno) as well as some plans. With all this stuff you can then open one of three portals which lead to a boss fight with 2 uber-powerful main bosses in tandem, who have a chance to drop a material you need for the best ring in the game.

3DS: 4055-2781-2855 Xbox: spamdangled PSN: dark_morgan Wii U: Spamdangle Steam: spamdangled

• TheMayorOfJugs 29 Oct 2013 20:00:53 4,530 posts
    Seen 21 minutes ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Oh dear. So..... Inferno has to be played 3 times to essentially finish everything?

By my rough calculations, there's about 5 million hours of gaming there. Value.
  • spamdangled 29 Oct 2013 21:08:45 27,475 posts
    Seen 27 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    @TheMayorOfJugs

Well the endgame is optional, it's just extra content. But yeah, it has insane replay value and mileage potential. It all comes down to how much time you want to spend with it.

You can just go straight to the area in each act where the keywarden spawns to get the keys (which are random drops, btw - not guaranteed). You'll need to forge multiple keys. Also the bosses in the portals that drop the bits for the ring also do so on a % chance.

And then the stats on the rings itself, like all the other loot in the game, is randomised. So you might get one on your first forging that isn't quite what you like, or you might want one for every character, or more for different builds for specific class. It really, really depends how far you want to go with it.

Note also: The level cap isn't 60, technically. It's 160. After hitting level 60 you gain Paragon Levels. You don't get new skill unlocks, but your stats keep going up as normal and you also get a stacking buff on each Paragon level with 3% for your magic and gold find - a Paragon 100 character will have vastly better "base" stats than a regular level 60 character.

Edited by darkmorgado at 21:09:47 29-10-2013

• Telepathic.Geometry 29 Oct 2013 23:58:03 11,564 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Quick couple of questions about paragon levels.

1. I've rolled a Barbarian, and have him up to level 32, but I see that my paragon level (15) is next to his actual level in brackets. So, my question is, is the barbarian benefiting from my monk's paragon level?

2. Level 15 paragon bestows a bonus 45% gold find and 45% magic find. But, that's it right? Is there any other bonus I'm not aware of?

|| PSN Barrysama || NNID Barrysama ||

• TheMayorOfJugs 30 Oct 2013 00:00:38 4,530 posts
    Seen 21 minutes ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    @darkmorgado Thanks for all the info :-)
    Enjoying this, level 11, just beat first boss man, out looking for a shard now for the sky smurf. Does that level sound right? I almost feel like my ice death rape laser is cheating, replaying with a melee character will be much more difficult I reckon.

Is there a penalty for letting your follower die?
    And are there many sidequests or is it mostly just main? I've found maybe 2 so far.
  • spamdangled 30 Oct 2013 00:35:42 27,475 posts
    Seen 27 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    @Telepathic.Geometry

1. - Yes. Paragon level is universal on consoles (it isn't on PC, but that's changing with Paragon 2.0 when it goes live, along with many other things like a paragon talent tree).

2. - Unless you're wearing gear, no. Gear tends to have a bonus on it as well. Your total bonus will be on your character's character stats page. There's a hard cap of 300%, so when you reach Paragon 100 you can disregard any gear that brings a bonus to magic or gold find chance (3% per level x 100 takes you to the cap, which is why they did it). Nephalem Valor grants an additional buff that can take that bonus over the cap, as does MP. Shrines don't, though that's a bug with the version that consoles were based on (1.0.5, whereas PC is on 1.0.7) and not by design.

Edited by darkmorgado at 00:37:51 30-10-2013

• spamdangled 30 Oct 2013 00:44:11 27,475 posts
    Seen 27 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    @TheMayorOfJugs

There's sidequests yeah, but they're random to a certain degree (they're called EVENTS in D3 vocab and will flash on your screen when they're triggered). You won't see all possible events on a single playthrough (you can check the challenges for more information on this one, there's banner unlocks and things for completing all in certain acts or categories).

No penalty for followers "dying", it just takes them out of combat until the end of that encounter. Worth mentioning that any gold find, magic find or XP on the equipped gear of your followers carries over to you, at 20% of the bonus (so if you give your follower a piece of gear with +100 magic find, you'll get a +20 bonus).

Also, +1 on stats doesn't equal +1%. It tends to work out as 0.10%, though it varies to a degree, with soft caps which cause diminishing returns when reached.

Edited by darkmorgado at 00:45:57 30-10-2013

• Telepathic.Geometry 30 Oct 2013 06:19:43 11,564 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Well, it's nice that I get the gold and magic find boost I guess. Does that mean that my level 60 barbarian will be able to pick up at Paragon 15 and continue to level up to 16 and on on monk's behalf? That would be nice.

• Telepathic.Geometry 30 Oct 2013 06:23:12 11,564 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I will say that it's a little disappointing that I couldn't take my level 25 barb into Nightmare Mode, having already cleared the game on all levels with my monk. It's just a chore to have to go and kill Diablo when my level is eligble for Nightmare. I'd like to be able to take on Hell at level 50 and all...

By the way, the gem drops on Normal (Easy) are about two or three times more frequent than the gem drops on Inferno (Master V). That's not right.

• TheMayorOfJugs 30 Oct 2013 18:05:04 4,530 posts
    Seen 21 minutes ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    There's me thinking normal mode is way too easy, can't wait for hard and hell and inferno. Then..... The goatmen came. In their thousands. Having not died once thus far, the challenge if these spear lobbing sons of horny farmers was new, exciting, and ultimately fatal.

We were wounded, gravely, and out of abilities, arcane power, and potions. Exhausted and aggrieved mentally and physically, the fall of what we assumed to be the final sheepish whore was greeted with triumphant yells. The highlands had not knoen a boom of joy and relief such as this in all their days. Deep into a premature, 3 second celebration, a final spear rung out in the dark, it's tip laced with the very essence of death. My follower, long since having proved his uselessness, fell almost simultaneously. The Dark Lords laughter at our general shitness echoed throughout the heavens.

Our grief at the loss of the perfect record shall be brief. But our fury shall come endlessly.

Diablo you sheep fucking cunt. You are hence warned.
  • fletch7100 10 Nov 2013 06:36:46 7,446 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    PS4 version at 1080p & 60fps announced. No Xbox 1 version announced as of yet. PS4 version will have extra content not in PC version( if your character is killed then the monster who killed you may level up and invade a friends game.

Will also include new expansion pack
    http://www.gamespot.com/articles/diablo-3-for-ps4-has-exclusive-features-runs-at-1080p/1100-6416082/

Edited by fletch7100 at 06:37:14 10-11-2013
  • fletch7100 10 Nov 2013 06:36:47 7,446 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Edit I didn't look at the front page when I posted this :)

PS4 version at 1080p at 60fps announced. No Xbox 1 version announced as of yet. PS4 version will have extra content not in PC version( if your character is killed then the monster who killed you may level up and invade a friends game.

Will also include new expansion pack
    http://www.gamespot.com/articles/diablo-3-for-ps4-has-exclusive-features-runs-at-1080p/1100-6416082/

Edited by fletch7100 at 06:43:31 10-11-2013
  • teamHAM 10 Nov 2013 08:33:11 3,153 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Yeah it looked great, liked the extra PS4 features. Will definitely get... if only they'd announce a release date! Got a feeling this will be a Q2 2015 jobby from Blizzard which is a shame as some of the other big hits for the PS4 will likely be out by then.

XBox Live, Origin, PSN and Steam: teamHAM

• Soul_quake 10 Nov 2013 16:56:04 269 posts
    Seen 14 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    I have eventually quit playing due to freezing issue I was having. Too many times I was killed in a battle I had no control over due to the action freezing for a few seconds. I simply could not put the difficulty at all as effects and loot made the problem even worse. I tried uninstalling the game, reformatted the hard drive and made sure the patches and system update were the latest version. So disappointed and no indication from online that blizzard can fix it.
  • Moot_Point 10 Nov 2013 17:04:24 4,616 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    @darkmorgado Are there any patches coming for the PC version to have an offline mode? If not I will stick with Diablo 2.

================================================================================

mowgli wrote: I thought the 1 married the .2 and founded Islam?

• spamdangled 10 Nov 2013 18:01:41 27,475 posts
    Seen 27 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    @Moot_Point

They've not announced any; it's probably safe to say that with so much of the game tying into Battlenet (particularly in the new expansion) that it won't be getting an offline mode any time soon.

• Moot_Point 10 Nov 2013 18:31:38 4,616 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    I will stick to what I have then. Thanks.

================================================================================

mowgli wrote: I thought the 1 married the .2 and founded Islam?

• Mekanik 10 Nov 2013 18:39:11 3,735 posts
    Seen 17 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Soul_quake wrote:
    I have eventually quit playing due to freezing issue I was having. Too many times I was killed in a battle I had no control over due to the action freezing for a few seconds. I simply could not put the difficulty at all as effects and loot made the problem even worse. I tried uninstalling the game, reformatted the hard drive and made sure the patches and system update were the latest version. So disappointed and no indication from online that blizzard can fix it.
    That sounds to me like a net connection tbh. I have similar sounding issues when i play from hotel connections etc on my work laptop. Usually its to do with a slightly whiffy connection.
  • Soul_quake 10 Nov 2013 20:01:58 269 posts
    Seen 14 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    @Mekanik

Should have pointed out this was single player mode from the disk. I haven't ventured online due to bug.
  • crashVoodoo 11 Nov 2013 08:10:11 4,022 posts
    Seen 20 minutes ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    I stumbled across a video for this on Saturday and I was hooked just watching it.   It was scratching an itch I didn't know I had.   I picked it up yesterday by trading in so much old shit.

OMG it's good.  Never played a diablo game before but its manic fun.  I had no real clue going in so plumped for easy just to break myself in and I'm exploring every single area and cave/room/crypt on each map.

I've picked a female monk and have a templar who joined me.  I'm up to lvl 12 iirc and my templar is the same and we've just romped through some caves with spiders.  Big ones at that. 

They were no match for our legendary tools of destruction although I have a feeling this is more to do with the easy setting rather than my skill as a whole.

a Nexus a day keeps the apple away

• teamHAM 11 Nov 2013 10:57:30 3,153 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Yeah its a lot of fun. I got it for the ps3 and while its lower res than PC its great playing co-op on the big screen while on the couch.

Looks like I will be getting the ps4 edition with the expac when its out so...hurry up already!

• fletch7100 12 Nov 2013 06:19:20 7,446 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    PS4 version will support streaming to the Vita if anyone likes that option

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/diablo-3-reaper-of-souls-on-ps4-supports-remote-play/1100-6416109/

Edited by fletch7100 at 06:19:55 12-11-2013
  • spamdangled 12 Nov 2013 07:42:45 27,475 posts
    Seen 27 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    @crashVoodoo

Good to hear you're enjoying it :) The console release seems to have brought a lot of fresh love for the series.

One thing to remember - some of the levels are semi-randomised. Different dungeons and events will spawn each time the level is loaded, so it's impossible to see everything there is to see in an area in a single playthrough. And of course there's a big boss monster for each act hiding in one of the areas on Inferno difficulty, but I imagine it will be a while before you have to worry about that side of things ;)

@fletch7100 that's a confirmed purchase for the PS4 when I get it then :) Looks like I'll be double dipping again when RoS comes out...

Edited by darkmorgado at 07:43:48 12-11-2013

• crashVoodoo 20 Nov 2013 11:06:41 4,022 posts
    Seen 20 minutes ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    I've given this some serious hammer over the past 2 nights and I'm nearing the end of act III IIRC.

Is it normal for so many legendary items to drop, i've nearly got one in every slot now? (borderlands legendary nonsense could have lowered my expectations somewhat)

I'm not sure if im doing it right but I'm all tooled up for speed and damage with my monk with zero block. Absolutley loving the teleporty electric punch rune and coupled with 2 crafted rare knuckledusters, literally clears a room of 60-70 enemies in seconds.

With my enchantress and water sidekicks it's like a tornado of pain hurtling through. So satisfying!

Edited by crashVoodoo at 11:07:41 20-11-2013

• DUFFMAN5 20 Nov 2013 12:12:42 15,408 posts
    Seen 38 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    crashVoodoo wrote:
    I've given this some serious hammer over the past 2 nights and I'm nearing the end of act III IIRC.
    !
    Swap act III for the start of II and you and me both :-)

Only lvl 16 Demonhunter but I have some lovely weapons and skills.

"Duffman the grey is thrusting in the direction of the problem! Oh, yeah!"

• ytzulu 20 Nov 2013 15:50:19 122 posts
    Seen 19 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Streamers have got the their hands on the RoS beta keys it seems, if you guys are interested you can catch their streams on twitch.
  • crashVoodoo 24 Nov 2013 08:36:31 4,022 posts
    Seen 20 minutes ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    I've got chance to put some more time into this last night and finished off the last act and dinged level 31 right at the very end.

call it a night ?
    nope, straight back in on nightmare. there's a definite increase in enemy speed, strength etc. but it's still loads of fun and i'm loving the increased number of elites/champions.

The thing i think i love most about it is just how tuned it is. the load times are practically instant and traversal of the maps is fast and smooth made even better by the fact that you slip and slide around the edges of map geometry rather than getting caught on it. Its a little detail but it makes it so much more enjoyable to play and keeps everything moving at all times.

• teamHAM 20 Dec 2013 17:21:37 3,153 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    /tumbleweed

So, Reaper of Souls is out on March 25th.

Yet the important question remains, where is the PS4 version? Hurry up damn it!

• Page

of 325 First / Last