Diablo 3 Page 198

• Page

of 242 First / Last

• TheMayorOfJugs 21 Oct 2013 07:59:47 3,039 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 1 year ago
    Sounds fantastic. Perfect game to relax with a drink and a friend I take it?
  • Telepathic.Geometry 21 Oct 2013 08:04:01 11,263 posts
    Seen 13 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    It's surprisingly easy to play while eating a sandwich and drinkin' a mug o'tae.

|| PSN Barrysama || NNID Barrysama ||

• TheMayorOfJugs 21 Oct 2013 08:16:07 3,039 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 1 year ago
    Tae sounds good. Ya can't bait the tae father!
    Hopefully get this for pittance trading in the last of us and sr4.
  • Nehmis 21 Oct 2013 11:35:29 688 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    TheMayorOfJugs wrote:
    The love shown in here makes me want this game. Is it difficult? Would it take long to master control-wise? Is it pure looty hacky slashy zen stress relief goodness or is there a story too? I've never played a Diablo game so.... Just wondering if 3 is accessible enough and fun enough to start with really.
    I was surprised how quickly it sets everything up and soon enough you've got a pile of loot (ignore whites!), trading between various stats and bonuses. I've only dabbled in the Witch Doctor but have taken my Wizard all the way to 60 (just yesterday in fact). Very fun, you've always got options in what skills to use and you DO change them every now and then as you're levelling up. If only to try them out.

The loot itself is really well done (coming off BL2 here), I really liked it, you get plenty of stuff that has beneficial stats for your character. Like I said, I've only just gotten to 60 so we'll see how it goes. I would recommend if you like the thought of loot games and there IS a demo fyi. :D

Question for vets, I have about 50k dps on my Wizard, Act 1 Inferno seems kinda easy so far (playing on normal) but I get pasted by MP01, especially the elites. Should I play through the Acts and try for better loot and then switch up? Any thoughts on how much HP I should aim for? I've read that 30-40k HP and then resists as high as possible is ok but that may not take into account the MP levels.

o7
  • spamdangled 21 Oct 2013 11:38:02 27,269 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    TheMayorOfJugs wrote:
    Sounds fantastic. Perfect game to relax with a drink and a friend I take it?
    I'm not sure "relaxing" would be the right phrase to use, at least not at higher levels. It can get pretty stressful and tense with a few "throw your controller at things" moments.

3DS: 4055-2781-2855 Xbox: spamdangled PSN: dark_morgan Wii U: Spamdangle Steam: spamdangled

• fletch7100 21 Oct 2013 11:58:50 6,944 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    @Nehmis

What console are you playing on? 360 here so could give you some legendary hand me downs you know charity work :)

Quite a few people keep suggesting quick run through actIV. plus do co op as much as possible more loot and money

My wizard deals about 120k and 30k vit and is soloing act 1 on inferno ML 1 & 2
  • Nehmis 21 Oct 2013 12:42:38 688 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    360 but no Gold :( Have a co-op split screen partner but he only plays intermittently and is no where near 60. GTAV combined with this made me reconsider subcribing for a month or two but meh, I'll live. Thanks though.
  • teamHAM 21 Oct 2013 18:17:48 2,751 posts
    Seen 24 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Quick question for people in the know - should I get this on the PC or PS3? I'm thinking about getting a PS3 again and I'd quite like to try it on the console.

Are there any real differences between the PC and PS3 versions?

XBox Live, Origin, PSN and Steam: teamHAM

• UncleLou Moderator 21 Oct 2013 18:34:35 35,425 posts
    Seen 30 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    @teamHAM I have played the PC version quite excessively, and I am now playing the PS3 version - I am honestly a bit shocked how great the pad controls are. If you have a co-op couch partner, get the console version, almost a no-brainer.

If you don't, I'd get it on the PC if you don't mind the always-online requirement. The PC version looks considerably nicer (at least the PS3 version is pretty low-res, you'll barely see the nice loot on the "smaller" character"), will get the addon first, is much better to use for things like inventory management, etc., and won't be outdated/surpased by a "next-gen" version. This also entails that it's still unknows how they will handle the addons for the PS3 etc., and if you can transfer your characters from this gen to next gen.

The console version is also loot-optimized atm (a bit too much, arguably), but the biggest difference is the coop-couch option and the pretty fun pad controls.
  • teamHAM 21 Oct 2013 18:38:05 2,751 posts
    Seen 24 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Thanks UncleLou.

I should also probably mention I already have it for PC (WoW Annual Pass thingy) but the dilemma is part of a wider issue about whether to buy a PS3 bundle with some top games I want to play (D3 included), or just drop a load of money on a new PC and load it up from there. My current laptop doesn't cut it anymore really, only plays it on 10fps ish.

• UncleLou Moderator 21 Oct 2013 18:42:57 35,425 posts
    Seen 30 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Well, in that case, I'd argue your decision shouldn't depend on Diablo 3, which you will be able to play either way (and it *is* the same game), but on the exclusives on the PC respectively PS3 side. :)
  • teamHAM 21 Oct 2013 18:55:56 2,751 posts
    Seen 24 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Yeah I totally agree, I just wanted clarification on whether there were any differences in the two versions to help me decide.

I do have a co-op couch partner (or three) but the whole low-res thing you have described doesn't fill me with oodles of joy.

• bbvDJC 21 Oct 2013 19:15:54 1,685 posts
    Seen 40 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    I've played it on PC also and while the PS3 is low res I actually prefer playing it with a controller and a mate!
  • fletch7100 22 Oct 2013 08:08:01 6,944 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Ok, just trying a playthrough with a demon hunter(level 24dealing 1.5k damage) in Act 2. Playing on normal Master 2 and is easy so far thanks to the high level gems from my Wizard 60(12). Found legendary bow and quiver which helped out a lot.

Typical game, never found legendary for ages then got legendary bow(Uskang) then 5mins later find same weapon again but a weaker version.

Was bit dubious about the DH but loving the mark target for extra damage mixed with passive skill for extra damage with no enemies near you and rapid fire. The slow trap and explosive shot works wonders with that combo as well.

Update
    Playing on normal Master 3(level 26 DH), dealing around 2.5k damage and still killing everything in seconds even the elites. Might have try Master 4 at this rate

Edited by fletch7100 at 11:55:24 22-10-2013

Edited by fletch7100 at 11:56:11 22-10-2013
  • Telepathic.Geometry 22 Oct 2013 12:28:23 11,263 posts
    Seen 13 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Well, let me start by admiting that once I readjusted my monk strategy to Master I on Inferno, I breezed through it. I'm now just barely hanging in there on the Skeleton King on Master III, but the cash flow and the increase in gem drops is making up for it.

It's also nice to get in to a groove when the elites or God forbid, the champions turn up. Buff, technique, beat-down, inflict a status effect and leg it to recover, then use my special and my healing ability to regain some health, all while rolling around and picking off the fodder.

I feel like before I was competent at upgrading my dude, whereas now I'm getting good at the game. :-)

• B0rked_Gamer 24 Oct 2013 07:09:58 2,481 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I went back to the monk because it was either that or play something else and I'm tearing it up but it's strangely unsatisfying. The combat is even more mashy and unfocused than usual.
  • Telepathic.Geometry 24 Oct 2013 07:23:30 11,263 posts
    Seen 13 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I have to disagree. When you're over-powered, you just charge in and kick every fucker in the face until there's a barren wasteland of demons who've had their shit punched in around you, but I'm on Master III now, and there's a real ballet at work, of trying to survive long enough to get a big shot off to both heal yourself, give yourself breathing room, and bring the elites down to within punching distance of death.

Having said that, I haven't tried the other difficulties yet, so what do I know, but still, unfocused just seems like an inappropriate word for the monk.

I love monk

• B0rked_Gamer 24 Oct 2013 07:35:15 2,481 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Well on higher difficulty settings more finesse would be needed but otherwise I'd agree with myself and say it's unfocused or at least more unfocused than the wizard, witch doctor and demon hunter.

I'll boost up the difficulty and get my arse handed to me...
  • Telepathic.Geometry 24 Oct 2013 07:36:26 11,263 posts
    Seen 13 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    ...that is a beginning. Balance is the end.

• ThrowingTuba 24 Oct 2013 12:19:55 48 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Man, can you believe this thread was started 8 years ago....

Anyway, after rinsing the demo I finally picked this up yesterday.

I played through the demo as a wizard, but as I'll mainly be playing solo, does anyone have any advice on a build / class?

Also, if anyone fancies co-op at some point on PS3, drop me a line.
  • fletch7100 24 Oct 2013 12:38:32 6,944 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    @ThrowingTuba

wizard was my first class that i got upto level 60. Probably best to get through the first playthrough on normal just to get used to the game, then rush through hell and nightmare ASAP.best playing coop with the bonus xp will level up quicker/more chance of better loot and more fun than solo. Dont really get attached to much of the loot early game as there is always something better. I used to fill out the shared stash with rare gold items now( thinking oh i wll keep that and that and that. Then realised sod it and sold/salvaged everything in a mad clearout) i just fill it with legendaries instead. Even if the legendary isnt for my class, just keep it for one of your other characters.

With my wizard I went down the frost/lighting damage route. fork lighting, storm shield, ice ray, freeze blast/nova cant remember its name :) and Achron power. Sometimes you cant always find the wand you want, so sometimes have used a sword which had a stupid amount of extra INT stats and used that.

I am just leveling up a Demon hunter, at first didnt really like but now i have levelled up is a much better class than I imagined.

Witch doctor can throw jars of spiders and summon zombies and zombie dogs:) enough said

Once you have got to level 60 with one class and want to level up another, remember that shared loot stash. Using jewels and legendaries hand me downs from my wizard is helping my DH to level up even quicker whilst using the harder difficulty levels
  • ThrowingTuba 24 Oct 2013 13:01:43 48 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    @fletch7100 Thanks, that's really useful.

My only real concern is that due to time constraints I'll probably only get one play through, so I wanted to go for 'the best' class, I loved the wizard class in the demo, but the only choices were that and barbarian, which I found a bit dull to be honest.

No idea how the item sharing thing works, but I'll look into it, thanks again.
  • fletch7100 24 Oct 2013 13:13:03 6,944 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    @ThrowingTuba

Item sharing, in the main hub there is a chest. Each of the characters you create( with exception of hardcore) can access the chest contents, also all the upgrades and recipes learnt by the blacksmith and jeweler can be accessed by all of your characters(hardcore the exception )
  • spamdangled 26 Oct 2013 18:01:19 27,269 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    First look at the Mystic artisan in Reaper of Souls.

3DS: 4055-2781-2855 Xbox: spamdangled PSN: dark_morgan Wii U: Spamdangle Steam: spamdangled

• teamHAM 26 Oct 2013 19:15:27 2,751 posts
    Seen 24 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    So just got this for the PS3. Anyone got any useful tips? I'm hoping to do some co-op from the beginning, is that possible or is there some prerequisite?

• DUFFMAN5 26 Oct 2013 19:40:36 14,393 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Chaps if in the unlikely event any of you ever tire from this and fancy some folding money* ;) pm me please.360 flavour.

*namely a score.

"Duffman is thrusting in the direction of the problem! Oh, yeah!"

• foopakajoo 26 Oct 2013 20:06:11 18 posts
    Seen 55 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    @teamHAM Im pretty sure co-op is available from the start, nothing special needs to be done.
  • Telepathic.Geometry 27 Oct 2013 00:46:05 11,263 posts
    Seen 13 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    @teamHAM: If you're interested in a little co-op, let me know, I'd like to create a Barbarian or a Demon Hunter from scratch. :)

• Deleted user 27 October 2013 01:17:07
    @DUFFMAN5 you need money? I can give you some, add me again I've got 400,000 I never spend money.
  • OneBot 27 Oct 2013 01:42:19 1 posts
    Seen 8 months ago
    Registered 9 months ago
    Hello
  • Page

of 242 First / Last