• Page

of 260 First / Last

• Tryhard 18 Oct 2013 10:26:32 3,847 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    darkmorgado wrote:
    @Tryhard

Wrong thread?
    Don't mind me it is the frogs back I licked last night.
  • DUFFMAN5 18 Oct 2013 10:28:15 14,529 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Will you slags stop playing this game and get it on the swapsies/sale thread I have 20 burning a hole in my shell suit here ;)

"Duffman is thrusting in the direction of the problem! Oh, yeah!"

• pogomeister 18 Oct 2013 12:27:12 171 posts
    Seen 7 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Reading this thread really makes me want to get this and I have rinsed the demo for all its worth but the ps4 version is making me wait! If the progress transfers over tho then I would by it today!
  • dunny 18 Oct 2013 14:00:52 433 posts
    Seen 34 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    DUFFMAN5 wrote:
    Will you slags stop playing this game and get it on the swapsies/sale thread I have 20 burning a hole in my shell suit here ;)
    http://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/diablo-3-360-ps3-pre-owned-19-99-with-code-blockbuster-marketplace-1678755
  • TOOTR 18 Oct 2013 14:08:40 9,513 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Any news on the recent update when I signed in yesterday?

Everybody should just calm down a little bit and have a nice cup of tea.

• pogomeister 18 Oct 2013 14:34:04 171 posts
    Seen 7 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    @dunny just tried this it didn't work :(
  • Telepathic.Geometry 18 Oct 2013 19:10:40 11,288 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Jesus Christ, finished Inferno on Normal with absolute ease, so decided to try it again on Master I...

I am getting absolutely raped. Even on the mini-dungeons before finding the skeleton king's crown, I had a real challenge just surviving. Now, I'd be cool with that if I were getting better loot, but I'm gettin' fuck all. My Gold drops seem to have shot way up, but gems and decent weapons have dried up on me. I can't figure it out, I have tonnes of Magic find gear, and I'm almost paragon 4...

|| PSN Barrysama || NNID Barrysama ||

• fletch7100 18 Oct 2013 20:10:56 7,127 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    @Telepathic.Geometry

Wizard paragon 8(damage output 98k ish)is handling INF M1 just fine so far. Hardest elite enemy was 4 things that used a molten chain linking them to each other. Skelton King was easy enough just a bit time consuming.
  • spamdangled 18 Oct 2013 20:19:42 27,276 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    @Telepathic.Geometry

Replay ACT IV Inferno on Normal a couple of times to get some better gear. Instead of selling stuff, salvage it. Keep things with magic find bonuses on them, even if they're a little worse than what you have as they will maximse your chances of getting better loot.

Welcome to the endgame grind!

3DS: 4055-2781-2855 Xbox: spamdangled PSN: dark_morgan Wii U: Spamdangle Steam: spamdangled

• fletch7100 18 Oct 2013 20:28:52 7,127 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Or jump into some coop games on the higher levels. Jumped into some paragon level 30 players and loot drop was through the roof
  • fletch7100 19 Oct 2013 07:46:59 7,127 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Wish I would stop finding legendary 2 handed weapons, just not my style

This one 42% chance of exploding with demonic rage :)
  • Telepathic.Geometry 19 Oct 2013 09:33:04 11,288 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I kinda wish that there wasn't such a gulf between Hard and Master I. I'm back on Hard now and it's almost trivial. But Master us brutal, and borderline unplayable for me, and my DPS is 113k I think.

Also, my gem drops seem to have virtually vanished. I get tonnes of weapons, and tomes, but absolutely sweet fuck all gems, and they are pretty much the only thing I'm after right now.

• fletch7100 19 Oct 2013 10:17:11 7,127 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    @Telepathic.Geometry

I'm the opposite, wizard finally broke the 100k damage(now 115k) with at least 30% extra damage against elites and finding the first act on inf master 1 very comfortable. Think I have only died once and that was due to some mortars and a narrow corridor. Which version you playing on ? Could do with some co op in a few days when I'm not working
    Got quite a few spare gem recipes going plus weapon/armour and one armour set recipe plan going spare I can share
  • Telepathic.Geometry 19 Oct 2013 11:37:36 11,288 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Cool, I'm playing on PS3 as a monk, I'd love a bit of co-op. I'm on Japan time though, so might take a bit of time managing. In the meantime, I'll hang on to any wizard legendaries I might come across.

Incidentally, I'm actually up to 135k DPS now.:-)

Edited by Telepathic.Geometry at 11:38:49 19-10-2013

• fletch7100 19 Oct 2013 15:26:49 7,127 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    @Telepathic.Geometry

I'm on 360 so no coop looting for us
  • B0rked_Gamer 19 Oct 2013 15:32:17 2,523 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Telepathic.Geometry wrote:
    I kinda wish that there wasn't such a gulf between Hard and Master I. I'm back on Hard now and it's almost trivial. But Master us brutal, and borderline unplayable for me, and my DPS is 113k I think.

Also, my gem drops seem to have virtually vanished. I get tonnes of weapons, and tomes, but absolutely sweet fuck all gems, and they are pretty much the only thing I'm after right now.
    That is exactly my experience with master 1. As I mentioned before I feel frozen out from the grind because I'm getting killed in one hit from bosses.
  • Telepathic.Geometry 19 Oct 2013 16:45:38 11,288 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Well, with all of my magic find gear on, I'm at about 90k DPS, which doesn't really cut it on Master I with a monk. But if I don't worry about the magic find and put on my strictly for killing gear and gems, I do an extra 60% damage more or less, which puts me back in the race...

I wonder if it's worth the magic find hit to get Master loot. Hmm.

• spamdangled 20 Oct 2013 01:19:34 27,276 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Reaper of Souls has been confirmed for PS4 and will be featured at Blizzcon next month.

3DS: 4055-2781-2855 Xbox: spamdangled PSN: dark_morgan Wii U: Spamdangle Steam: spamdangled

• spamdangled 20 Oct 2013 01:24:45 27,276 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Telepathic.Geometry wrote:
    Well, with all of my magic find gear on, I'm at about 90k DPS, which doesn't really cut it on Master I with a monk. But if I don't worry about the magic find and put on my strictly for killing gear and gems, I do an extra 60% damage more or less, which puts me back in the race...

I wonder if it's worth the magic find hit to get Master loot. Hmm.
    It depends. Master Levels grant about 10% increased magic find as a base setting (increasing exponentially depending on rank). However, swapping out the magic find gear and switching to higher DPS could mean getting through content faster, resulting in a higher amount of loot found.

There's probably an equation somewhere on the internet working this all out. Personally, I'd say switch to higher DPS and go to Master Levels. Not least because then you can start farming the keymasters, who on top of dropping the keys (or the plans on ACT IV), grant an additional Legendary drop chance per act. So you can just farm their zone repeatedly for easy Legendary loot.

• BloodMountain88 20 Oct 2013 10:33:06 141 posts
    Seen 49 minutes ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    darkmorgado wrote:
    Reaper of Souls has been confirmed for PS4 and will be featured at Blizzcon next month.
    A bit disappointed that they haven't announced it for the PS3 and 360 to be honest, especially as I'm not planning on getting a PS4 any time soon.
  • Moot_Point 20 Oct 2013 12:04:52 3,959 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    It seems to me that out of all 5 classes I prefer the Mage, warrior and demon hunter. The monk and witch doctor feel like a real grind to level up (initially, I guess). Even though it is nice to play another Diablo game, I feel that torchlight is a far better game. There are restrictions on gem placement and only 4 gems to choose from.

If people still haven't bought this and have torchlight 1 or 2, I wouldn't rush out and buy Diablo 3 if you value the technicality that torchlight offers.

================================================================================

mowgli wrote: I thought the 1 married the .2 and founded Islam?

• fletch7100 20 Oct 2013 18:30:29 7,127 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Managed to solo act IV on inferno hard. Found a 2 handed sword( not my style) which gives 50% magic find.

Finding act 1 on inferno master 2 comfortable at the moment. Got all 3 keys for the infernal machine if anyone wants to coop one of the challenges.

Was in a game with 2 players in Japan and no lag, strange that I get more connection problems with some European players. Helped out with Act IV on Inf MIII, left the game after beating Diablo. The host invited me back, joined them in that secret land with the unicorns. After that he had 3 infernal machines, cleared the 3 rooms and got myself a Int Hellfire ring. Jolly decent of him

As Moot Point said there is Torchlight 2 or Path of Exile

Edited by fletch7100 at 18:33:17 20-10-2013
  • Telepathic.Geometry 20 Oct 2013 23:29:54 11,288 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Is Torchlight 2 on PS3?

• Telepathic.Geometry 21 Oct 2013 02:05:31 11,288 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Apparently the PS3 (and presumably 360 too) Master I difficulty brings the following bonuses: +60% Magic Find, +60% Gold Find, +120% XP Bonus, and my Topaz (yellow?) gem will bring me 30% too, so I've decided to go for broke on Master Difficulty, and just buff my Monk up to be a beast who can deal with the hardy bastards on Master I.

Wish me luck mofos...

• fletch7100 21 Oct 2013 03:22:06 7,127 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    @Telepathic.Geometry

Torchlight 2 is PC only, don't know if it will come to consoles
  • Telepathic.Geometry 21 Oct 2013 03:25:07 11,288 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    @fletch7100 I'll just have to pray for a Steambox release so...

• Telepathic.Geometry 21 Oct 2013 06:56:39 11,288 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I've been wandering around the Royal Crypts (over my lunch-break) with my 153k DPS monk, and I've been finding decent loot, surviving and racking up a lot of Gold. My experience is climbing fast too, so my paragon bonuses are climbing too.

I got a puzzle ring too, so treasure goblins are appearing pretty often, and they often have purty loot on them. All is well at Master I.

I won't move up to Master II until I am well and truly pummeling all of the enemies, but for now it seems as though I can survive. The Skeleton King and the Butcher will be the acid tests though.

If anybody wants to do some co-op with me (PS3 version), gimme a shout on here. :)

(Sorry for turning this thread into my personal Diablo III blog by the way).

• TheMayorOfJugs 21 Oct 2013 07:29:14 3,303 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 1 year ago
    The love shown in here makes me want this game. Is it difficult? Would it take long to master control-wise? Is it pure looty hacky slashy zen stress relief goodness or is there a story too? I've never played a Diablo game so.... Just wondering if 3 is accessible enough and fun enough to start with really.
  • Megapocalypse 21 Oct 2013 07:33:07 5,372 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Very easy to get into and start playing with the controls/skills drip fed to you. There is a story but it's entirely forgettable and actually gets in the way of killing stuff imo.
  • Telepathic.Geometry 21 Oct 2013 07:42:26 11,288 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Dead easy. You start off with an attack button, and then as you level up, you (very quickly) get a power attack that uses up mana that recharges when you attack, and then various other attack, defense and buff powers. (7 buttons in all...)

Personally, I took full advantage of the free-style button configuration to get the most out of it. The story is forgettable fluff, as is the dialogue, but I think it knows that itself.

• Page

of 260 First / Last