Diablo 3 Page 159

• Page

of 242 First / Last

• spamdangled 22 Aug 2012 20:21:40 27,271 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    One thing I would love for them to do would be to release a level editor, even if it's an in-game tool, so that people could create their own dungeons and objectives. Then they could publish them, and they would appear on a Job Board in towns so groups could pick them up and be instantly teleported to them. There'd have to be some sort of balancing there of course - a points-based system limiting what you can put in as a creator, perhaps some sort of listing fee, but also some sort of reward for people to do it. But it would address some of the complaints about longevity.

Will never happen though.

3DS: 4055-2781-2855 Xbox: spamdangled PSN: dark_morgan Wii U: Spamdangle Steam: spamdangled

• Trafford 22 Aug 2012 20:35:52 5,644 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    My biggest and only complaint so far is that when in a team of 4, with all the pets, effects and bluster, I really can't see what the hell is going on. It's just a messy blur.
  • Arrr9 22 Aug 2012 22:05:20 405 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    @Trafford It does just become a mess of fireworks and the pointer does get lost far too easily, all too often in those situations it's a case of hit your survival skills / health potions and hope...
  • Sharzam 22 Aug 2012 23:47:24 2,744 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    @Arrr9

I actually think those moments are the most fun, pure chaos just fits a hack and slash game i feel. Then when you and your team pull thourgh after dealing with 2 champ packs and 2 elites.

Known as 'Sharzam' in 98.5% of games

• shamblemonkee 22 Aug 2012 23:54:13 14,287 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    darkmorgado wrote:
    Is all the new loot still scheduled for 1.0.5 alongside pvp?
    whut? which new loot? legendaries were in this'un
  • Phattso Moderator 23 Aug 2012 06:56:21 13,216 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    I'm looking forward to the generally increased drop rate of blues and yellows from normal mobs. Hopefully that will allow prices on the AH to fall into the "attainable" rather than "fantastical" bracket, lots of additional supply with the same demand. :)

Some interesting buffs to some of the Monk skills, too. A few that I had to stop using (seven sided strike, the damage-over-time fisty thing (yeah, I can't remember the name) especially will be getting a workout.

Given I was already enjoying it pre-patch (in my own slightly masochistic way) this should all be gravy. In theory.
  • hypoBla5t 23 Aug 2012 08:19:25 1,365 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    I know I keep going on about it but I'm so pleased with WD at the moment we must be headed for a nerf next patch. They've more than doubled our mana regen so for my build (4 leech zomdogs, enrage garg, spirit walk -> soul trap, grasp of the dead -> rain of toads) I use so little mana I only need to stack int, vit and all res with some crit to destroy mobs from the other side of my 5-strong meat shield. It is glorious, as the Templar would say.

Fighting Belial on Inferno, all I had to do was run around and avoid damage while my garg leathered him for a couple of minutes. 'Nuff said.

Edited by hypoBla5t at 08:22:21 23-08-2012
  • UncleLou Moderator 23 Aug 2012 08:31:37 35,433 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Killed Belial, now in act III - no cakewalk, but on the right side of difficult.

Tried the girl-friend's monk though and still couldn't make a dent into act II. Some respeccing is in order I think.

On a sidenote, the legendaries you can see in the AH now are positively insane.
  • Phattso Moderator 23 Aug 2012 08:42:52 13,216 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Time to buy me some gold then!!!!!!

On a cold day in Hell, obviously.
  • spamdangled 23 Aug 2012 09:31:04 27,271 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    shamblemonkee wrote:
    darkmorgado wrote:
    Is all the new loot still scheduled for 1.0.5 alongside pvp?
    whut? which new loot? legendaries were in this'un
    New legendaries? I thought they just sort of buffed up the existing ones.

They've said in the past they'll be introducing a tonne of new loot to address the perceived low amount of unique items in the game.

3DS: 4055-2781-2855 Xbox: spamdangled PSN: dark_morgan Wii U: Spamdangle Steam: spamdangled

• spamdangled 23 Aug 2012 09:34:28 27,271 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Been reading through that apology thread on Battlenet and I've come across one post that, while harsh, I definitely think sums the whole thing up:

you're lucky to still have a job, and as we all know (or should know), this apology wasn't really an option for you. you're not doing this to appease the forum beasts, or any such nonsense... you were either told in no uncertain terms that you were going to make this apology or that it'd be a REALLY good idea to, and that shines through while reading it.

this game has been condemned up and down as a failure on many levels, so i guess i can't blame you for getting defensive when the critiques come from sources that sting (even if most of us learn impulse control in our 20s). however, i'm pretty convinced that you're incapable of getting past your own ego and making d3 successful, and i can only hope blizzard gives up on you before you give them so much bad press that they can't recover from it.

a part of me wants to feel sorry for you... and then the rest of me remembers how much your team ignored all of us beta testers who pointed out the flaws in the game long before it was released. you confused ego with Vision, and it cost ALL of us, and after this most recent bout of pubescent outbursts, i'm looking forward to your dismissal after you've tainted the one company i always held in good faith.

• shamblemonkee 23 Aug 2012 09:46:22 14,287 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    @dm i've not seen anything about changes to blues and yellows, the only item changes i've sene news on were legendary buffs and the changes to how the high level loot can roll.

I really do hope they let some procs and other fancier stats drop on blue and yellows in future. That whole side needs more pic'n'mix - righ tnow it's like a steady stream of one type of sweet.
  • UncleLou Moderator 23 Aug 2012 09:54:28 35,433 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    @shamblemonkee There have been a few general changes, maybe that's what you meant though:

ĦAll level 60- 62 damage affixes have had their Minimum and Maximum top-end damage values increased
    ◦Level 63 items will still roll the highest potential damage values in the game, but the damage difference between level 60-62 items and level 63 items just wonft be as dramatic as it was before
    ◦Note: This will only impact items created or dropped after patch 1.0.4
    ĦTwo-handed melee weapons have made more viable:
    ◦Two-handed melee weapons can now roll their own affixes for core stats as well as higher damage values (as compared to one-handed melee weapons)
    ◦Core stat values have been increased by approximately 70%
    ◦Note: This does not affect two-handed ranged weapons
    ◦Additional affix changes for two-handed melee weapons include:
    ◦+ Crit Damage, Life on Hit, Life After Each Kill, and Life Steal values can now roll up to 200%
    ◦Note: This does not affect two-handed ranged weapons
    ◦Note: These changes will only impact items created or dropped after patch 1.0.4
    ĦAll off-hand items (mojos, orbs, quivers, shields) can now roll Strength, Dexterity, Intelligence, and Vitality in the same ranges as Armor and Weapons
    ◦Note: This will only affect off-hand items created or dropped after patch 1.0.4
    ĦOff-hands can now roll Reduced Level Requirement
    ĦDrop rate on quivers has been reduced
    Ħ+MaxFury and +MaxSpirit will no longer roll on ranged weapons
    ĦMax Block amount on shields with an item level of 59 and higher has been changed so they all provide the same amount of Max Block
  • shamblemonkee 23 Aug 2012 10:04:45 14,287 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Yeah thems what i meant, flattening out the top levels of loot a bit and actually making 2handers a worthwhile consideration. a good start.

I'm hoping they'll add some of the sorts of procs on the legendaries to other stuff though, or more fundamental changes.
  • Arrr9 23 Aug 2012 11:00:19 405 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    @Sharzam

It did sound like I was being a bit negative about it but it's definitely fun, the only downside ( which has now been fixed pretty much ) was running in to loot the spoils and not notice an elite's dying "bomb" which I always seemed to do ( and no one else seemed to ! ).

The patch seems pretty great so far, have actually made it to the third stage in inferno after being stuck in the second for yonks. It's nice to find gear you can actually use !
  • UncleLou Moderator 23 Aug 2012 11:04:55 35,433 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    @Arrr9 You could try and set "low fx" in the options for multiplayer games, it tones it all down a bit.
  • Mekanik 23 Aug 2012 11:08:31 3,445 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Are drop rates from yellows on Hell increased or something? Killed diablo last night on nightmare with my WD then by the time i rescued deckard cain again i had around 8 yellows all drop, mostly from random little mobs and weapon racks. Most odd but i`m not complaining.
  • UncleLou Moderator 23 Aug 2012 11:11:14 35,433 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    @Mekanik Yeah, normal mobs have a higher chance of dropping blues and yellows now.
  • Arrr9 23 Aug 2012 11:17:45 405 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Cheers Lou, that's rather a spiffing idea, though it can be fun sometimes just being lost in a maelstrom of gibs and magic.

@Mekanik The drop rates have increased, normal mobs have 4 x the chance of dropping something decent since the patch and breakables like barrels can be looted again. There seems to useful stuff dropping now as well !
  • Voffvoffhunden 23 Aug 2012 11:36:19 1 posts
    Seen 3 days ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Hi!

Could someone explain to me (with solid reasoning, no angry rants, please!) what is perceived as wrong with Diablo III?
    I really enjoy it, but I've only played about 70 hours (!), so I'm not particularly dedicated. Is it a lack of loot variation, or a feeling of pointlessness to the endgame, or what? I assume there are lots of reasons, but if someone has any ideas about overarching problems...

I get that some people are looking to play this game for hundreds and hundreds of hours (or already have), so I'm interested in what makes that a less enjoyable experience than, say, Diablo II.

Thanks!
  • shamblemonkee 23 Aug 2012 11:52:39 14,287 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    For me, It's not that it's that it feels like it lacks the spice that kept people playing D2 for so long.

The combat feels great, it looks lovely; but some of the choices to streamline the game were detrimental in my view. The blacksmith is still useless, a range of consumable reforging drops would be better and something that works in conjunction with an AH.

The AH also is the cause of a lot of ill sentiment on loot quality.

There doesn't need to be a new endgame (hell in d2 it was just contiual boss clears, switcihng to MF gear befor ethey popped), the endgame is perfecting your loot - It's always been about just killing monsters to get better loot to grow mor powerful to make killing monsters easier to increase your chances of better loot in a near endless cycle but it feels like in D3 the choices have been simplified too far - so yeah my list would be;

* damage types having an impact:- cold, lightning, holy etc meaning something beyond the colour of particle effect.

* weapon types:- blunt, piercing, slashing - having these and have them be +/- effective on certain monsters

* more variety on weapon stats

*rework of the skills and runes in a system similar ot PoE - so you could get the base spells in the same way as now, but the runes would be socketed items, that you could combine in ways similar to PoE based on slot colour (if you haven't guessed i think PoEs system is genius).

Patch 1.0.4 is a good start and the hints from Jay Wilson in his latest blog hint that they acknowledge the grieveances and are going ot try had to fix the percieved issues.

something akin to /players 8 would be brilliant.

Edited by shamblemonkee at 11:53:38 23-08-2012

Edited by shamblemonkee at 11:56:03 23-08-2012
  • Phattso Moderator 23 Aug 2012 14:11:22 13,216 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    I've sunk a little over three hours into the 1.0.4 patch tonight with my Monk. Did a lot of build experimentation and spent a lot of time faffing, but got 80% of the way to the first Paragon level.

And I had an amazing time.

The small drop in DPS across the board in Act II has made it just that little bit less frustrating when coming across some tough affixes. And the fact they don't regenerate all their health should you die cures the *groan* "Now I have to start again!" misery.

With five Valo(u)r stacks I was getting blues ever minute or so from normal mobs, and over the playtime I got perhaps six or seven yellows from the same.

One thing that did seem changed that I wasn't expecting was the Loot gnome thingies. I had tree spawn for me, and all three cast portals to the Greed Dimension before I got them even halfway down on health. Slightly annoying.

It's great to be filling up a bar again, too. It's astonishing what a difference it makes to just have that little conceit back. The carrot dangling on the stick to boost the stats and GF/MF is just enough.

Act III Inferno: it feels like I may see thee this century after all. :)
  • Phattso Moderator 23 Aug 2012 14:24:48 13,216 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Oh, I also got a reasonable DPS fist weapon with some excellent stats for certain builds, current highest bid is three million, with over a day to go!

Now that I look at the stats again, I feel like a plum for auctioning it. 890DPS. +100% crit damage. Spirit regen +1.7/s. +13 health per spirit spent.

This is basically the perfect weapon for a crit focussed spirit dump health recharge build. I rocked that build through most of the Hell difficulty.
  • hypoBla5t 23 Aug 2012 14:38:39 1,365 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Same here man.

Chuffed I can use the build I enjoyed through most of the game again tbh.
  • Psychotext 23 Aug 2012 14:42:24 53,855 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I'm guessing not many here agree with me that it's got too easy now then. lol

:D
  • Phattso Moderator 23 Aug 2012 14:47:27 13,216 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Depends where you were before the patch I guess. It was veering on too hard to be fun for me, and the shine was coming off the game a little.

It's still no walk in the park, but I died perhaps five times in three hours rather than fifteen - couple that with lower repair bills and more drops and the recipe is more in balance again now.

I'm imagining I'll hit another wall in Act III and then a final barrier in Act IV. Hopefully there'll be a DLC announcement by then. Plus the grind to Paragon 100. ;)
  • Psychotext 23 Aug 2012 14:49:50 53,855 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Act three is pretty much the same as act four in my opinion. I didn't notice any significant change other than needing to be a bit more careful with the oppressors.

As for where I was, I had completed inferno pre patch. There were some very annoying enemies that I'm glad to see gone but it just seems too easy now, especially in a group.
  • UncleLou Moderator 23 Aug 2012 14:52:56 35,433 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Act III is difficult enough with my rather shitty gear, though I imagine with a couple of legendaries it might become rather easy.

One of the most difficult aspects to balance this I imagine - on the one hand, you want people to feel significantly more powerful with better gear, on the other hand, you don't want to overly frustrate people with bad gear. Difficulty settings (which are said to come soonish) might be a way out, though they can feel a bit like a cop-out.
  • RyanDS 23 Aug 2012 15:33:39 9,074 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Voffvoffhunden wrote:
    Hi!

Could someone explain to me (with solid reasoning, no angry rants, please!) what is perceived as wrong with Diablo III?
    I really enjoy it, but I've only played about 70 hours (!), so I'm not particularly dedicated. Is it a lack of loot variation, or a feeling of pointlessness to the endgame, or what? I assume there are lots of reasons, but if someone has any ideas about overarching problems...

I get that some people are looking to play this game for hundreds and hundreds of hours (or already have), so I'm interested in what makes that a less enjoyable experience than, say, Diablo II.

Thanks!
    Always online bollocks.

Hilarious how everyone criticises Ubisoft etc for it yet Blizzard get a free pass and biggest launch in history.

Saying that I enjoyed the demo. And the free pass was sales only, they did get a lot of moaning.

Edited by RyanDS at 15:36:07 23-08-2012

Edited by RyanDS at 15:40:01 23-08-2012
  • hypoBla5t 23 Aug 2012 15:39:02 1,365 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Psychotext wrote:
    I'm guessing not many here agree with me that it's got too easy now then. lol

:D
    I mentioned this on general chat yesterday (about it getting easier) and everyone apart from one person vehemently disagreed with me, accused me of acting as if I were a 'pro gamer' and the like, even though patch notes specifically mention lowered damage and HP for elites. What a bunch of wankers.

Edited by hypoBla5t at 15:46:28 23-08-2012
  • Page

of 242 First / Last