Diablo 3 Page 152

• Page

of 241 First / Last

• Arrr9 23 Jun 2012 22:14:50 401 posts
    Seen 2 weeks ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    @romelpotter - that's her, not sure why just something in your phrasing, glad you found the funny side of it !
  • Deleted user 24 June 2012 10:12:14
    Oh oh . It appears I joined the Dark Side. I put some junk on the rmah out of curiosity and one thing sold. I'm only 1 up, but the item was just a level 40 rare quiver. Why would someone buy that? Really do have more money than sense these people.
  • Laserbream 24 Jun 2012 10:58:32 466 posts
    Seen 1 month ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    A fool and his money?

*looks at the D3 CE on his bookshelf*

Ahem.
  • steadynedy 24 Jun 2012 17:32:49 112 posts
    Seen 8 months ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Sold my 1st item on the RMAH, a lvl 30 rare belt for £2.50.

Performance wise 1.03 seems to have introduced micro stutter, had none before!
  • THFourteen 24 Jun 2012 17:58:23 32,734 posts
    Seen 5 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Ooooooh. Got stuck on diablo on nightmare level so thought id replay a bit of act 4 to get to level 52. and got plans of herding! It's brown so I'm guessing it's pretty rare?

Anyhow, can do the first phase easily enough, but the second phase is a killer. Am a level 51 wizard
  • Deleted user 24 June 2012 19:58:14
    Make that two items sold on the RMAH. 28 more and the game cost me nothing... aside from hours of my life and cursing it. :)

And yep, have noticed the stuttering / rubber banding too. Today I was lagged so bad it kicked me off twice. I think though that was my end as I think my lass is uploading stuff to FB.
  • spamdangled 24 Jun 2012 20:14:49 27,266 posts
    Seen 27 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    THFourteen wrote:
    Ooooooh. Got stuck on diablo on nightmare level so thought id replay a bit of act 4 to get to level 52. and got plans of herding! It's brown so I'm guessing it's pretty rare?
    Not particularly. It's used to access the secret level.

3DS: 4055-2781-2855 Xbox: spamdangled PSN: dark_morgan Wii U: Spamdangle Steam: spamdangled

• THFourteen 24 Jun 2012 23:10:14 32,734 posts
    Seen 5 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    darkmorgado wrote:
    THFourteen wrote:
    But its brown! BROWN DAMN YOU!

Thanks a lot.
  • SFD 24 Jun 2012 23:17:46 479 posts
    Seen 34 minutes ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Gettin' some serious lag on D3 tonight :(
  • bbvDJC 25 Jun 2012 17:39:18 1,676 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Finished normal last night on my barbarien for my first run through. Last two acts were easy, especially the boss on act 3.

Hope Nightmare will be more of a challenge.
  • Deleted user 25 June 2012 17:40:46
    bbvDJC wrote:
    Finished normal last night on my barbarien for my first run through. Last two acts were easy, especially the boss on act 3.

It's not a lot harder tbh. Hell however is.
  • spamdangled 25 Jun 2012 17:57:10 27,266 posts
    Seen 27 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    THFourteen wrote:
    darkmorgado wrote:
    THFourteen wrote:
    But its brown! BROWN DAMN YOU!

Thanks a lot.
    Look here if you're having trouble finding the ingredients you need for it:

http://diablo.wikia.com/wiki/Staff_of_Herding

3DS: 4055-2781-2855 Xbox: spamdangled PSN: dark_morgan Wii U: Spamdangle Steam: spamdangled

• Salaman 25 Jun 2012 19:04:34 18,781 posts
    Seen 16 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    spudsbuckley wrote:
    Salaman wrote:
    Aaaaaaawwww. Does that mean we won't have you around to gripe about the next big games to come out later this year?

Any ideas for alternative hobbies yet?
    I'll still come back and bitch about them. I won't have played them or anything but I'll do it just to make you happy :D
    Aaah excellent. It wouldn't be a proper AAA release if you're not about to remind us it's a bit shit. =)

Dunno what's hip in the UK but a lot of people seem to be into sewing classes these days (I kid you not). Maybe something to do inbetween posting on EG and not playing games?
  • THFourteen 25 Jun 2012 19:51:25 32,734 posts
    Seen 5 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Witch.King wrote:
    bbvDJC wrote:

It's not a lot harder tbh. Hell however is.
    I found there was a decent old jump with my wizard. You couldn't just stand there and take damage and I had to massively run away from elites or champions shooting as I went. Died tonnes until I adjusted skills a bit and got the hang of it.
  • THFourteen 26 Jun 2012 09:06:27 32,734 posts
    Seen 5 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Woot soloed diablo on nightmare with my wizard last night. Some boots of +12 movement and +12 magic find from the AH helped a lot! Only 3k too. Archon is great for taking out boss creatures i've found. And Energy Armor also seemed to help a lot more than frost armor for that fight. Still stuck with Electrocute and Distintegrate as my main attack spells. Can't find anything thats as useful as disintegrate TBH.

Also upped my total MF to about 50% by use of the AH, found 5 yellows and a brown in an hours play!

the brown looks fairly useless but stuck it on the AH for 10 anyway
  • Salaman 26 Jun 2012 09:31:56 18,781 posts
    Seen 16 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    I think I found my groove for the new classes I'm trying out.
    I have a barbarian at 16, demon hunter at 15, Monk at 15 and a spider chucker at 12.

You always seem to find gear suited for other classes than your own, so It's quite handy to play 2/3 levels with one class and then swap and play a few levels with another. You keep finding new loot that you can pass sideways to one of the other characters.

Not sure how long I'l last levelling all 4 up though. The 4th time through the cathedral was getting a bit boring especially since you just plow through in normal difficulty anyway. :-/
  • romelpotter 26 Jun 2012 10:03:42 146 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Salaman wrote:
    I have a barbarian at 16, demon hunter at 15, Monk at 15 and a spider chucker at 12.

You always seem to find gear suited for other classes than your own, so It's quite handy to play 2/3 levels with one class and then swap and play a few levels with another. You keep finding new loot that you can pass sideways to one of the other characters.

Not sure how long I'l last levelling all 4 up though. The 4th time through the cathedral was getting a bit boring especially since you just plow through in normal difficulty anyway. :-/
    Good idea but yea, you will get very hacked off with the content. Imagine trying to get into Inferno, rolling the same content three times for each avatar.

Yee Gods! :eek:
  • THFourteen 26 Jun 2012 10:14:48 32,734 posts
    Seen 5 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    yeah i have a level 25 barbarian "alt" too. Can never be arsed to play him though, he seems weedy compared to my main :)

also he's now totally outlevelled so i can't pass stuff to him anymore, and i sold all of the stuff i picked up along the way
  • Salaman 26 Jun 2012 11:26:56 18,781 posts
    Seen 16 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    romelpotter wrote:
    Salaman wrote:

Good idea but yea, you will get very hacked off with the content. Imagine trying to get into Inferno, rolling the same content three times for each avatar.

Yee Gods! :eek:
    Yeah. I think I'll move them up far enough to unlock some more skills and then carry on with the ones that are most fun.
    So far Demon hunter and Monk are most fun alongside my wizard who's parked at Hell level Act I or something.

I may take a break and get back to finishing stuff like Rage and starting Deus EX which I bought on this weekend's sale. I also just noticed the GTA V thread. Maybe I should look into finishing IV as well?
  • Kafeen 26 Jun 2012 11:40:13 552 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    One of my friends as sold over 100 worth of stuff on D3, with one item he sold going for over 50.

Is this normal?
  • Salaman 26 Jun 2012 11:41:06 18,781 posts
    Seen 16 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    I don't think so.
  • THFourteen 26 Jun 2012 11:43:43 32,734 posts
    Seen 5 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    cant comment just yet as i havent got to level 60.

Most average items i've found aren't selling at all for RMAH (level 40-48 items). I think once level 60 items start dropping i may have some luck but not expecting to sell an item for 50 unless i get a lucky drop in which case i may end up wanting to keep it for myself!

think the GAH might be the way to go.
  • Phattso Moderator 27 Jun 2012 05:01:46 13,164 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    I stuck a piece of Level 51 blue chest armour (decent Int and Vit stats, two sockets with jewels giving +34 to each) onto the RMAH over the weekend with a buyout of 5 and it didn't sell. Dropped it on again a couple of nights ago at 2 and it sold very quickly.

There's clearly a market for people wanting "levelling gear" for just a couple of quid. If nothing else this will take the sting out of decent gear dropping for non-Monk classes in my game. :)
  • Deleted user 27 June 2012 10:44:21
    Phattso wrote:
    I stuck a piece of Level 51 blue chest armour (decent Int and Vit stats, two sockets with jewels giving +34 to each) onto the RMAH over the weekend with a buyout of 5 and it didn't sell. Dropped it on again a couple of nights ago at 2 and it sold very quickly.

There's clearly a market for people wanting "levelling gear" for just a couple of quid. If nothing else this will take the sting out of decent gear dropping for non-Monk classes in my game. :)
    Agreed. The two items I sold both went for 2. I've put better stuff up now for a little more.

Mistake I made though was failing to notice that the "fund selector" keeps resetting to "Blizzard Bank" and not Paypal, so the 2 I made is worthlessly sat in Blizzards Account where it will never get used. Its annoying that you have to deselct that every single auction... but then not surprising as they make more money with that option.
  • THFourteen 27 Jun 2012 10:57:17 32,734 posts
    Seen 5 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    thing is if you sold it for more paypal you'd lose 1 in transaction fee on each item!!

On reflection, its actually probably better to build up your battle.net balance until it gets to 100

then just get your mate to list an item for 00 but with a paypal account connected, and buy that from him then he can transfer you the cash. that way you lose 15% again, but you only lose 1 in transaction fee
  • Deleted user 27 June 2012 11:06:32
    You lose 1 (its only $1 in th US btw)on Battle net transactions. Difference between the two is that on Paypal you are charged 1 and the 15%. You dont get charged the 15% to move it to your battlenet account.

Given that the most Paypal usually charge for transactions is 3%, Blizzard are making a lot of profit on this for doing very little... actually the main thing they are doing is altering the game to make purchases more of a requirement.
  • THFourteen 27 Jun 2012 11:11:11 32,734 posts
    Seen 5 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    oh right, i thought it was 15% on both but only 1 on the paypal version. whoops! barely worth it then.

Nothing i have bought has sold for cash but sold a lot for gold (5-15k usually), but i've only just got to HELL so maybe i can start selling some of the level 48-51 items i might find.

got my magic find stat up to over 100% now thanks to the AH :)
  • Phattso Moderator 27 Jun 2012 11:40:46 13,164 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    I had my Magic Find up to 120%, @THFourteen, and it made next to fuck all difference. It's down to a more normal 50% now and I don't feel like fewer Rares are dropping.

I'm at 53 with my Monk now and progress through Hell Act I can be a slog - sometimes I come up against elite mobs with affixes that I just can't ever hope to defeat. It's either the respawn attrition type of battle (unless the fuckers are healthlinked) or just running away/past them and hope for a checkpoint or exit nearby.

I remember a lot of you guys mentioning Act II stepping it up to a whole new level (and those bastard wasp things haunt my dreams already) so I'm not really looking forward to getting there. :-/
  • Arrr9 27 Jun 2012 11:55:42 401 posts
    Seen 2 weeks ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Personally I never found all that much of a jump between act I / act II in Hell, though I found most of my time in Hell was spent running like a loon from elite mobs. I never experienced any huge difficulty spikes though.

I've heard the jump between act I / act II inferno being a huge one and I'm definitely not looking forward to trying to bridge that as Inferno right from the start is just craziness.

Some of the elite mobs on the last two difficulty settings do just seem crazily overpowered to the point where I know I'm going to die multiple times just to stand a chance. Even with freezing and go slow skills, most can easily outpace any of my characters.

Edited by Arrr9 at 11:58:21 27-06-2012
  • Page

of 241 First / Last