Diablo 3 Page 2

• Page

of 315 First / Last

• Deleted user 7 October 2005 23:31:16
    lol well I have a good feeling the announcement will be soon...don't expect release soon though, as if anyone would from Blizzard..
  • Teeth 7 Oct 2005 23:32:55 7,987 posts
    Seen 3 years ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    You tease!
  • Genji 8 Oct 2005 04:16:45 19,689 posts
    Seen 3 years ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    More Diablo, less Diablo II, please. Thanks.
  • UncleLou Moderator 8 Oct 2005 07:23:08 35,712 posts
    Seen 28 minutes ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Genji wrote:
    More Diablo, less Diablo II, please. Thanks.

Hm? Why is that?

/scratches head
  • Genji 8 Oct 2005 08:08:19 19,689 posts
    Seen 3 years ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    The sequel took away everything I loved about the first game - the dread of progressing deeper and deeper into the unknown, the simplicity. In its place was an increased emphasis on mindless combat, xp crunching and item hoarding. Multiplayer was no longer about cooperation - people just ran around trying to get to the unique item dumps before anyone else could.
  • Deleted user 8 October 2005 09:09:56
    Meh actually it was just the new Battle.net site being announced, guess I was premature :p Well it'll be announced eventually.
  • phAge 8 Oct 2005 09:11:46 24,386 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    matty_art wrote:
    Well it'll be announced eventually.
    Don't exactly need a crystal ball for that one, do ya? ;)
  • Deleted user 8 October 2005 09:17:32
    phAge wrote:
    matty_art wrote:
    Well it'll be announced eventually.
    Don't exactly need a crystal ball for that one, do ya? ;)
    Well I've lost my source of information but sooner rather than later. I wish I hadn't made that first post, was a bit drunk, sorry guys, realise it was a bit idiotic now...

/crawls slightly hungover out of thread.
  • StixxUK 8 Oct 2005 13:34:51 7,263 posts
    Seen 41 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    What do people see in Diablo? It's boring

/trolls
  • UncleLou Moderator 9 Oct 2005 18:32:33 35,712 posts
    Seen 28 minutes ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Genji wrote:
    The sequel took away everything I loved about the first game - the dread of progressing deeper and deeper into the unknown, the simplicity. In its place was an increased emphasis on mindless combat, xp crunching and item hoarding. Multiplayer was no longer about cooperation - people just ran around trying to get to the unique item dumps before anyone else could.

Couldn't disagree more. Diablo 2 took everything that was good from Diablo, and made it much bigger and much better, while staying the same game essentially.

You're one of those "everything used to be better in the good old days" type of persons, aren't you? ;)
  • Genji 11 Oct 2005 05:07:21 19,689 posts
    Seen 3 years ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    No, I'm not one of those people. See my retro thread for evidence which supports that. Not everything was better in the old days, but Diablo was (1995 is hardly "old days", anyway). The original had something which drew me in to its world. The sequel lacked that, and seemed more like a mindless, pointless and endless action game.

Don't agree? Well, that's fine. If you enjoy the sequel more, then all power to you. I judge games, not the people who play them.

/shrugs
  • itamae 11 Oct 2005 08:13:38 9,887 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    I still play Diablo 1 every now and then, sometimes together with a friend. The sequel on the other hand was mind-numbingly boring in my opinion, although I can't quite put my finger on what exactly was wrong with it. The first game was a lot more focussed I guess, and the 'one dungeon' thing really emphasised the gloomy atmosphere of the game.

/also shrugs
  • marilena 11 Oct 2005 08:36:30 8,203 posts
    Seen 6 days ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    I know exactly what was wrong wth Diablo 2. The same thing happened with Quake 3: the new game had much better, more evolved gameplay than it's predecessor, but was stupidly cartoony and laked atmosphere.

The skill developement and the fighting in general were better in Diablo 2, but it just wasn't as cool. Diablo had a dark edge to it and an almost horror atmosphere that made it involving and interesting. In Diablo 2 you fought red imps that sounded like monkeys, cute kids with big knives that looked more like ironing machines and all sorts of other bizzare, non-threatening creatures.

And, personally, I hated the integration of multiplayer-only features in the single player game. You should have been able to save in single player and not have that "recover your body" malarky.

Edited by marilena at 08:37:55 11-10-2005
  • UncleLou Moderator 11 Oct 2005 09:31:06 35,712 posts
    Seen 28 minutes ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Genji wrote:
    No, I'm not one of those people. See my retro thread for evidence which supports that. Not everything was better in the old days, but Diablo was (1995 is hardly "old days", anyway). The original had something which drew me in to its world. The sequel lacked that, and seemed more like a mindless, pointless and endless action game.

Don't agree? Well, that's fine. If you enjoy the sequel more, then all power to you. I judge games, not the people who play them.

/shrugs

Please answer a bit more serious next time, I can't cope with your light-hearted tone. o_O
  • Pike 11 Oct 2005 09:49:20 13,447 posts
    Seen 1 month ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    I have yet to play Diablo 2. For some ungodly reason my my computer is unable to cope with that game, even if it is fully capable of playing Half Life 2 and Vampire the Masqurade: Bloodlines without any problems. It is very strange.
  • UncleLou Moderator 11 Oct 2005 09:51:48 35,712 posts
    Seen 28 minutes ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Seriously? What happens when you launch it? Mind that the default resolution in the original game is (I think) 800*600. I had an "out of frequency" error once because my monitor's refresh rate was somehow set to 150 MHz at that resolution.
  • Pike 11 Oct 2005 09:54:48 13,447 posts
    Seen 1 month ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Everything just loads really really slow, and it stutters like hell. It is completley unplayable. I don't know if I've got a faulty copy or if there is something else that is wrong.

Though I just updated my graphics drivers, wich might help.
  • Genji 11 Oct 2005 10:08:35 19,689 posts
    Seen 3 years ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    UncleLou wrote:
    Genji wrote:

/shrugs

Please answer a bit more serious next time, I can't cope with your light-hearted tone. o_O

Huh? You wanted to know why I didn't like the sequel as much, so I told you. If you don't even want to take that seriously, then I don't even know why I bothered posting here in the first place. Sorry. I'll make more jokes next time, use more sarcasm, that sort of thing.
  • UncleLou Moderator 11 Oct 2005 10:15:23 35,712 posts
    Seen 28 minutes ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    It's sufficient if you don't act like you've been insulted just because I made a light-hearted comment with a smiley at the end.
  • Genji 11 Oct 2005 10:29:58 19,689 posts
    Seen 3 years ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    I'm not angry or anything - this topic is too trivial to get angry about - but some things need some clarification.

I must misunderstand the meaning of O_o, or whatever it was. To me, it expresses incredulousness or surprise, which doesn't seem very "lighthearted" at all. I gave my serious opinion, and your response made me feel like you couldn't even respect that. There's a fine line between joking and mocking. Something with a wink might have gone down better.

...and I can't believe I'm arguing about the meaning of a SMILEY O_o

Bah. I give up on this conversation. No hard feelings. ;-)
  • UncleLou Moderator 11 Oct 2005 10:33:48 35,712 posts
    Seen 28 minutes ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Heh. No hard feelings here either. :)

Just to clarify what I meant: My lighthearted comment was the following :"You're one of those "everything used to be better in the good old days" type of persons, aren't you? ;)
    "

To which you reacted with "Don't agree? Well, that's fine. If you enjoy the sequel more, then all power to you. I judge games, not the people who play them."

Which I thought sounded quite serious, but it might have been a misunderstanding.

I absolutely respected your reply why you thought Diablo 1 was better.
  • richispsycho 11 Oct 2005 10:34:28 713 posts
    Seen 41 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago

[ontopic]
    Yeah Diablo great...
    [/ontopic]

So Lou, you promised us all you'd return to WoW.

You failed us!

Edited by richispsycho at 10:36:04 11-10-2005
  • UncleLou Moderator 11 Oct 2005 10:37:22 35,712 posts
    Seen 28 minutes ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    I ... I ... I didn't find the time yet!

/breaks down and cries

/hopes noone finds out about his lvl 60 character in a competing guild*

*Might not entirely be true
  • Genji 11 Oct 2005 10:41:17 19,689 posts
    Seen 3 years ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    UncleLou wrote:
    Heh. No hard feelings here either. :)

Just to clarify what I meant: My lighthearted comment was the following :"You're one of those "everything used to be better in the good old days" type of persons, aren't you? ;)
    "

To which you reacted with "Don't agree? Well, that's fine. If you enjoy the sequel more, then all power to you. I judge games, not the people who play them."

Which I thought sounded quite serious, but it might have been a misunderstanding.

I absolutely respected your reply why you thought Diablo 1 was better.

Ugh. This is why I hate posting in forums. There's always misunderstandings, usually mutual.

Yeah, I think I can see where you're coming from. Sorry, when I made my "judge games, not people" comment, it really wasn't directed at you. Sorry if it seemed like that. I wasn't really thinking about it. I knew you were making a joke then.

The comment was, however, directed at the sort of person who thinks that the sort of game a person likes to play can determine their skill/intelligence/worth as a person. Some of these people even inhabit these here forums. YOU KNOW WHO YOU ARE.

Edited by Genji at 10:43:55 11-10-2005
  • richispsycho 11 Oct 2005 11:02:34 713 posts
    Seen 41 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    The kind of person who would leave a lvl 59 character unfinished with one level left to go perhaps?

*chackles*

Come back in your own time Lou. No pressure like ;)
  • UncleLou Moderator 3 May 2006 21:42:41 35,712 posts
    Seen 28 minutes ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    *bump*

Mwuahaha

/prays
  • Pike 3 May 2006 21:45:29 13,447 posts
    Seen 1 month ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    meh
  • UncleLou Moderator 3 May 2006 21:46:26 35,712 posts
    Seen 28 minutes ago