What would be your solution for bringing down the UK's debt? Page 2

• Page

of 9 First / Last

• jimbogreen 8 Oct 2013 21:06:32 88 posts
    Seen 11 months ago
    Registered 1 year ago
    elstoof wrote:
    Blow up the people we borrowed from.
    The jews were useful in this regard. If the jews were still the majority of money lenders then you could have a anti-semitic uprising every few generations and reappropriate all their money.
  • faux-C 8 Oct 2013 21:07:56 9,439 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    PhoenixFlames wrote:
    faux_carnation wrote:
    PhoenixFlames wrote:
    Stop giving free money to people who haven't contributed anything. Simple really.
    Who, for example?
    People who have never worked for a start.
    So if you've never had a job, you get no safety net? What happens to all these non-contributors eventually? Do they die of malnutrition and pneumonia?
  • El_MUERkO 8 Oct 2013 21:08:21 17,071 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    elstoof wrote:
    this
  • elstoof 8 Oct 2013 21:09:24 7,720 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Who cares what happens to them, a few thousand JSA cheques should level our national books in no time.
  • Syrette 8 Oct 2013 21:09:29 43,742 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    jimbogreen wrote:
    elstoof wrote:
    The jews were useful in this regard. If the jews were still the majority of money lenders then you could have a anti-semitic uprising every few generations and reappropriate all their money.
    Was this supposed to be funny?

• jimbogreen 8 Oct 2013 21:13:48 88 posts
    Seen 11 months ago
    Registered 1 year ago
    History is rarely funny. That's why they wrote those horrible history books innit?
  • El_MUERkO 8 Oct 2013 21:16:00 17,071 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Syrette wrote:
    jimbogreen wrote:
    elstoof wrote:
    Was this supposed to be funny?
    im pretty sure he was inciting anti-semitic violence, call the cops on him!
  • jimbogreen 8 Oct 2013 21:33:05 88 posts
    Seen 11 months ago
    Registered 1 year ago
    I'm protected by the second amendment you fucks.
  • RedSparrows 8 Oct 2013 21:34:21 23,227 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Is that the one that lets you shoot people? I reckon that's solve our debt too!
  • Deleted user 8 October 2013 21:39:43
    The service industries that the rich need to live are no longer tethered to the poor In our country I guess.
  • Ginger 8 Oct 2013 21:43:18 6,867 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago

Edited by Ginger at 21:43:48 08-10-2013

Edited by Ginger at 21:43:58 08-10-2013

London open taekwondo champion

• spamdangled 8 Oct 2013 21:43:44 27,410 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    jimbogreen wrote:
    jimbogreen wrote:
    I'm protected by the second amendment you fucks.
    Looks like we have another nutter on our hands then.

Edited by darkmorgado at 22:31:34 08-10-2013

3DS: 4055-2781-2855 Xbox: spamdangled PSN: dark_morgan Wii U: Spamdangle Steam: spamdangled

• MrE26 8 Oct 2013 21:45:13 1,959 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Turn The Jeremy Kyle show into a Running Man style televised deathmatch. Unemployment down, benefits bill down, the gene pool improves & everyone gets good wholesome family entertainment.
  • spamdangled 8 Oct 2013 21:45:55 27,410 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    MrE26 wrote:
    Turn The Jeremy Kyle show into a Running Man style televised deathmatch. Unemployment down, benefits bill down, the gene pool improves & everyone gets good wholesome family entertainment.
    I'd buy that for a dollar.

3DS: 4055-2781-2855 Xbox: spamdangled PSN: dark_morgan Wii U: Spamdangle Steam: spamdangled

• disusedgenius 8 Oct 2013 22:19:53 5,390 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    We should start dealing drugs.
  • LeoliansBro 8 Oct 2013 22:37:55 44,502 posts
    Seen 17 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Right wing troll thread becomes left wing troll thread becomes general troll thread.

If I were to answer in seriousness though, I'd first ask what the problem is with the UK's debt level as it currently stands.

LB, you really are a massive geek.

• imamazed 8 Oct 2013 22:38:40 5,778 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    EXPLOIT THE EMPIRE AGAIN
  • spamdangled 8 Oct 2013 22:44:42 27,410 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    LeoliansBro wrote:
    Right wing troll thread becomes left wing troll thread becomes general troll thread.

If I were to answer in seriousness though, I'd first ask what the problem is with the UK's debt level as it currently stands.
    I can't remember exactly who it was now, but around the beginning of Summer there was a Lords Debate about the relentless rhetoric about deficit and debt and one of them made a pretty convincing argument about how the existing debt is completely manageable, has been far, far higher in the past without any alarm bells going off and that actually national debt is pretty essential to help underpin the international economy.

• cubbymoore 8 Oct 2013 22:50:39 36,500 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    I've been convinced for the whole period of poor growth that most of the problem has been one of perception from the media. I mean, if you're constantly reading that the economy is poor and not going to improve, EVEN IF you are in a position that knows otherwise, the mere fact that you're seeing everyone else thinking that it's bad and not investing or spending as a result means that you have to act likewise. I think the media have lapped it up to be honest.
  • Towels 8 Oct 2013 22:58:57 22 posts
    Seen 8 months ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Start up the opium business, again.
  • BillMurray 8 Oct 2013 23:10:50 7,787 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    localnotail wrote:
    Scrap Trident (est. cost 97b over the next 30 years)

Legalise weed. Taxes & jobs. Plus savings on police and prison.
    You've got my vote.
  • drip 8 Oct 2013 23:27:19 4,274 posts
    Seen 7 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Sell Northern Ireland and Wales. And Gibraltar. Seriously, why keep expensive things that have no use?
  • RedSparrows 8 Oct 2013 23:29:03 23,227 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Yeah - but who'd buy them?
  • drip 8 Oct 2013 23:39:16 4,274 posts
    Seen 7 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    The Chinese buy everything, it seems... no matter how useless, but who cares, they have the money that everyone else hasn't
  • BonzoBanana 9 Oct 2013 07:09:11 88 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Only spend what we have in the pot minus a percentage that pays back the national debt over the next 10-15 years.

Ensure education is geared towards economics providing a workforce that is educated as best as possible for commerce and industry.

Ensure public sector workers are paid slightly below private sector wages and their wages are not set by strikes etc.

Do everything possible to make it easier to create jobs in this country and reduce imports.

Balance our world trade so we don't have a trading deficit.

Remove the influence of incompetent idealist and useless establishment figures from government and replace with sucessful businessman and scientists, engineers etc.

Educate the young in school to destroy the 'entitlement' mindset and get people to understand you can't spend what you haven't earnt.

Always be fair and moral so people who work hard at the bottom end of earnings do not receive less financial reward than those who do not contribute.

Leave the empire mentality behind and start focusing on our own country rather than strutting about the world stage as if we mean something nowadays.

Keep the 3 core values of free education, free health care at delivery and a fair justice system that makes this country so superior to most countries on this planet.
  • elstoof 9 Oct 2013 08:54:51 7,720 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    If we all spent only what we had "in the pot" then no one would own a home until their 60s.
  • LeoliansBro 9 Oct 2013 08:59:12 44,502 posts
    Seen 17 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    BillMurray wrote:
    localnotail wrote:
    Scrap Trident (est. cost 97b over the next 30 years)

Legalise weed. Taxes & jobs. Plus savings on police and prison.
    You've got my vote.
    These are a facile couple of solutions local and you know it. Trident should certainly be rethought and I seriously believe our military focus should be elsewhere, but scrapping it outright would seriously destabilise the local economy, put thousands or people out of work, lead to the closure of hundreds of UK businesses subcontracted for the programme, and diminish hundreds more UK defence companies in the eyes of foreign customers. I don't particularly like that last reputational point but it is there.

And please tell me how much police work solely targetting cannabis (as opposed to multiple illegal drugs of which cannabis is one) costs the exchequer? I rather think this is instead because you like cannabis. So do I, it would be good to legalise it, however not for economic reasons.

On a wider point, everyone still seems to think UK debt levels are too high but nobody has yet said why. Please enlighten me.

Edited by LeoliansBro at 09:00:31 09-10-2013

LB, you really are a massive geek.

• Bremenacht 9 Oct 2013 09:01:37 18,677 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Encourage people to wash regularly. Aren't smelly people awful?
  • chopsen 9 Oct 2013 09:12:05 16,125 posts
    Seen 3 days ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    BonzoBanana wrote:
    Remove the influence of incompetent idealist
    You've just negated your post.
  • Tonka 9 Oct 2013 09:22:11 20,739 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    LeoliansBro wrote:
    And please tell me how much police work solely targetting cannabis (as opposed to multiple illegal drugs of which cannabis is one) costs the exchequer?.
    It has to be all drugs.

If you can read this you really need to fiddle with your forum settings.

• Page

of 9 First / Last