Videos from the Eurogamer Expo

• Page

of 1

Previous Next
  • JoeGBallad 2 Oct 2013 12:24:11 383 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    We made a couple of videos at the Eurogamer Expo over the weekend. I meant to get them online earlier but I was struck down with with a bug I caught at the expo. I won't go into details.

Playstation 4 Stand

Nintendo Stand

Indie Games!

Eurogamer Expo 2013 Round-up

I'll add more over the next few days, including our Indie Games round up which features the Game of the Show: Tenya Wanya Teens. It really was, by some distance, the best thing there.

If you like our videos, let me know!

If you don't, then I'm truly sorry :( We'll hand out free hand shandies or something.

Thanks!

Edited by JoeGBallad at 10:07:06 03-10-2013

Edited by JoeGBallad at 10:43:44 04-10-2013

If you aren't utterly disgusted by me please check out my videogames show at:

www.youtube.com/BitSocket

• Armoured_Bear 2 Oct 2013 12:43:56 10,502 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Great works guys, really enjoyed those :D

XBL : ecosse011172
    PSN : ecosse_011172
    NNID : armoured_bear

• JoeGBallad 2 Oct 2013 12:51:08 383 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    @Armoured_Bear cheers man :)

• Ignatius_Cheese Moderator 2 Oct 2013 13:18:07 10,852 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Loved Tenya Wanya Teens, despite not being able to play it properly. Damn colour-matching games!!
  • Carlo 2 Oct 2013 13:23:59 17,983 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Loved Octodad, but didn't like Drive club and Knack much?

/backs out slowly

I too am likely to get Resogun at launch.

Edited by Carlo at 13:26:57 02-10-2013

PSN ID: Djini

• JoeGBallad 2 Oct 2013 13:45:44 383 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Drive Club was good, just alarmingly unpolished for a game that's due out soon.

Scott really enjoyed Knack, but we both just felt it was a little insubstantial for a game that Sony's banking on.

Octodad was pure, unadulterated brilliance :D

• djronz. 2 Oct 2013 14:47:26 262 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    @JoeGBallad

To be honest the drive club devs have a habit of polishing their games last minute,  I belive the build they demoed was the e3 one,  if you ok at the night time driving in chille video you'll see its come a long way (still has some to go though)
  • kinky_mong 2 Oct 2013 16:09:52 10,097 posts
    Seen 13 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    JoeGBallad wrote:
    I was struck down with with a bug I caught at the expo. I won't go into details.
    Evacuating at both ends?

I'll never get my Orc looking the same again.

• JoeGBallad 2 Oct 2013 16:12:48 383 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    @kinky_mong Just the business end, but that was enough.

• JoeGBallad 2 Oct 2013 16:13:18 383 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    @djronz. Good to know, thanks :)

• Pedrolot 2 Oct 2013 16:45:18 1,939 posts
    Seen 1 month ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    That was brilliant. Are there any games you wished you tried out? Also, I haven't held the DS4 yet but it appears to have a rubber like texture on the bottom? is this true?

Thanks!

PSN: Pedrolot

• Electrovideo 2 Oct 2013 16:46:40 17 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 12 months ago
    great work guys, really enjoyed those!
  • Rodriguez 2 Oct 2013 17:04:22 1,092 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Nice one guys, I enjoy watching Bit Socket ;)

I know you touched upon it very briefly, but how did you find the Dual Shock 4 with regards to its new triggers, sticks, d-pad and overall feel? Also, did you get any hands on time with the XB1?
  • JoeGBallad 2 Oct 2013 17:22:07 383 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    @Pedrolot and others asking.

Both of us really enjoyed playing with the new Dual Shock. I didn't want to go into too much detail in the video, because we had a lot to cover, but I'll say what I thought here.

Overall, it's lovely. The build quality is solid; it does have a very slight rubber feel to the grips, but all that does is make it easier to hold.

The biggest improvement is the trigger design. The triggers are now a concave shape, so they're much easier to push and keep held down while pressing other buttons. Anyone who played Ridge Racer 7 with the triggers for acceleration will know how much a of a pain R2 was to keep held down!

So aye, the DS4 is a success, in my eyes.

The *only* thing i don't like about it is because I'm a wanker. Basically, aesthetically, it doesn't look as nice as previous Dual Shocks. I know how wanky that sounds, because now it's more ergonomic and pretty much better in every way, but it reminded me of this article, which talks about the difference between german and japanese design.

But, discounting the fact that I'm a massive wanker, it's a great pad!

Also, thank you to everyone for watching. Glad to hear you liked the video. I'll have more for you through the week :)

• JoeGBallad 2 Oct 2013 17:23:29 383 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    @Rodriguez We didn't get a chance to play the XB1. If I'm honest, we weren't interested. We could be accused of being biased, but we really only make videos for the love of it, so we only cover what we're interested in :)

• JoeGBallad 3 Oct 2013 10:07:51 383 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    So aye, new video with loads of indie games, including Tenya Wanya Teens, which was our game of the show. Not just the indie games part; the WHOLE SHOW.

• Rodriguez 3 Oct 2013 19:25:28 1,092 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Cheers for the earlier response Joe, tbh I've got more of a personal interest in knowing more about PS4 at the moment anyway, having put a pre-order in for one earlier in the year, so at least you guys had that covered.

Anyway, I'm liking the look of Volume in your indie vid! I really enjoyed Thomas Was Alone and it's looking like Mike Bithell is creating a really good follow up for his next game, albeit one that, as you said, is very reminiscent of MGS VR missions. This might sound stupid, but I'm also really looking forward to the new Hotline Miami 2 soundtrack (perhaps more so than the game); the first had some awesome music and it looks like the sequel will too.

As for Tenya Wanya Teens well.... that just looks batshit insane (in a good way)! Was that character pissing in front of a classroom of students or something :D!? It's just a shame we're unlikely to see it on a home format as it looked like the special controller with the buttons that light up was quite an integral part of that game.
  • ibenam 3 Oct 2013 19:56:17 1,377 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Quality as always from the Bit Socket boys.
  • JoeGBallad 4 Oct 2013 10:45:22 383 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    @ibenam Cheers :) Means a lot hearing folk say that. We don't get many views but it's nice that folk enjoy watching what we make.

For those interested, here's the last of our big Expo videos. It's a round-up of everything we checked out that didn't fit into the other videos.

• sanctusmortis 4 Oct 2013 10:56:39 9,627 posts
    Seen 6 days ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Kinda disappointed at the amount of times I've heard "E3 demo version" when people talk about the Expo. It's been three months, dev guys. Surely, you should have launch demos all but complete now, and the games gold and off to print?

Still, great videos.
  • Fake_Blood 4 Oct 2013 13:41:52 4,144 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Pumping out a demo takes a lot of time and effort, it's not like they can simply compile whatever they have up to that point. All those dev are in crunch mode now.

Really liked the videos guys, although as a Belgian it took me a "wee" bit of time to adjust to the accent :)
  • kinky_mong 4 Oct 2013 14:11:26 10,097 posts
    Seen 13 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Excellent work on those videos, far better effort at coverage for the Expo than this site has managed!

I'll never get my Orc looking the same again.

• Armoured_Bear 4 Oct 2013 15:01:01 10,502 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    JoeGBallad wrote:
    @ibenam Cheers :) Means a lot hearing folk say that. We don't get many views but it's nice that folk enjoy watching what we make.

For those interested, here's the last of our big Expo videos. It's a round-up of everything we checked out that didn't fit into the other videos.

Fantastic guys, I thoroughly enjoyed that.

XBL : ecosse011172
    PSN : ecosse_011172
    NNID : armoured_bear

• JoeGBallad 5 Oct 2013 04:01:35 383 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Thank you everyone :) really means a lot hearing that you like the videos. I'll stop spamming you with links now!

• OptimusPube 5 Oct 2013 06:21:42 2,917 posts
    Seen 2 weeks ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Your videos are top class, thoroughly enjoy them and have done for a long time, keep up the good work you lovely sweaty socks.

You better watch out.
    You better beware.
    Albert said E=MC²

• Trafford 5 Oct 2013 13:24:15 5,714 posts
    Seen 1 minute ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    A good watch, nice one!
  • monkeyspasm 5 Oct 2013 14:10:59 2,774 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Excellent videos. Not seen Bit Socket before, will definitely watch again. Very natural presenting style and good quality production. Great stuff!
  • mal 5 Oct 2013 15:04:53 22,407 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Fake_Blood wrote:
    Really liked the videos guys, although as a Belgian it took me a "wee" bit of time to adjust to the accent :)
    Heh, if you want a laugh you should try the automatic captions. Fibroids keep it real, yeah?

Cubby didn't know how to turn off sigs!

• mrpon 5 Oct 2013 15:38:47 28,694 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Great vids guys, enjoyed watching them with a mug-o-tea.

Give yourself £5 or ½ gig, you're worth it.

• Page

of 1

Previous Next