Active Soccer - game deserving of more attention

• Page

of 1

Previous Next
  • strictlyt 27 Sep 2013 08:44:21 3 posts
    Seen 3 months ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Hey all, don't really post much on here but really feel Active Soccer is deserving of more attention, would love it to be reviewed on the main site. Couldn't find any mention of it anywhere on Eurogamer or the forum.

Finally, there is a good quality remake of the SWOS/Kick Off 2 style football games, but it doesn't seem to be gaining much traction!

It is hard to master on the normal/classic controls which might put some younger gamers off, but for those old enough to remember the good old days, this game gets better the more you play, it feels so free compared to the convoluted Fifa/PES controls. It really is down to your skill, and the computer is very tough to beat on the harder levels (impossible so far for me!). The controls actually feel good on the touch screen too which is a first for me.

I advise all football game fans to give it a try, especially on a tablet.

Now before everyone thinks I work for the developers, the reason I am posting is because I don't think it has a great deal of players which is a real shame, as they said if it does well, they will implement a SWOS style career mode! This alone means it deserves full support :)

Description_here

Description_here

If you are not keen on Active Soccer, here is another similar style game worth checking out too, Super Soccer Champs: Description_here
  • Shikasama 27 Sep 2013 08:58:32 6,600 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Be honest
  • Murbal 27 Sep 2013 09:00:12 21,920 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    It's been on my Android wishlist since it came out but I haven't bothered picking it up for some reason.
  • Murbal 27 Sep 2013 09:01:15 21,920 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    http://www.pocketgamer.co.uk/r/iPad/Active+Soccer/review.asp?c=50871

A scrappy football game that harks back to the days of Sensible Soccer, Active Soccer takes real dedication to master and offers a welcome alternative to FIFA's casual, ultra-professional approach
  • Page

of 1

Previous Next