Grand Theft Auto Online Page 4

• Page

of 131 First / Last

• MatMan562 2 Oct 2013 00:24:49 2,309 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    darkmorgado wrote:
    Is that not more an issue for your service provider, or is it limited to your PS3?
    Yeah, just my PS3. A lot of the time it's fine but then sometimes it refuses to connect at all or keeps disconnecting. I might see if I can get an ethernet cable to it but I'm not too hopeful about that.

XBL/ PSN/ Steam/ NNID - MatMan562

• Zizoo 2 Oct 2013 08:28:25 8,107 posts
    Seen 7 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    So I finally got past the race last night and had no issues after that. Not sure if it was sorted out Rockstar's side a bit while I was trying, but I seriously had a really smooth experience after trying at least 10 times before that.

Blog time:

I had a great time! Once they add heists and other content, this will be really special.

As soon as I was able to free-roam I turned the Passive Mode on. I had a run around for a bit and other players actually just left me alone. I did end up killing myself some how and when I respawned I left Passive Mode off. I saw 2 stationary player blips nearby and went to investigate. As I got there the one player on a bike shot the other one, he then proceeded to shoot me. While respawning I saw in the feed that he had killed someone else. I had myself a griefier.

I then actively sought him out and killed him easily seeing as I was in a jeep and he on a bike. I did this once more and received a request for a 1 v 1 deathmatch, which was great fun actually. What happened next showed the potential to me, I had someone come up to me in the game and I thought I was going to be murdered again and this is what the game will be like... But no, he hooted his car for me to get in, which I did. He drove like a madman to guess who - the same guy I had a tiff with earlier. Clearly I was not the only one seeking revenge. We then chased him around the map and destroyed him and his personal vehicle (you get a fine for doing this btw). It was so much fun that I think even our victim was enjoying himself.

After he left I played a couple of deathmatches which were really fun. Having one life is pretty cool actually.

Then I started getting invites to missions. For example in one our team had to chase after a car with important evidence and stop it before it was able to deliver.

I did a few more missions, and they all have a little cut-scene after them. Very cool and I can't wait for the heists.

Just before bed (way too late) I went to a shop to deposit my earnings, but when I got there I thought I'd do one last job and rob the store. Everything was going fine, but there must've been a cop close by because I was shot in the back of the head while the cashier was filling the bag with money.

Upon respawning, I had another player drive up to me, hoot for me to get in, and took me to a store. Hooted for me to get out, I went inside robbed the place, ran outside and we made our getaway. I gave him 50% of the cash from the job after we stopped. We both got out, he saluted (literally) and we went our separate ways. Not sure if this was a coincidence or if he had seen that I was killed in a store robbery and wanted to help me out.

Back to the ATM, deposited my money and forced myself to stop for the night.

Overall it was awesome and I can't wait to play more this afternoon.
  • Zizoo 2 Oct 2013 08:29:02 8,107 posts
    Seen 7 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Also, does the Gamertag Misplaced Hobo belong to anyone on here?
  • Shikasama 2 Oct 2013 08:32:18 6,603 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Yeah I was able to have a little run around last night and had immense fun shooting people in the head in their cars.

The online is clearly going to be something special. Held up a store and a police car started chasing me, out of nowhere this other fella comes in and rams the side of the police car, kills the policeman and drives off in the other direction.
  • Physically_Insane 2 Oct 2013 08:37:00 8,614 posts
    Seen 11 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    That sounds fucking awesome. I hope it's as fun for me, when i finally get on that is.
  • Zizoo 2 Oct 2013 08:41:29 8,107 posts
    Seen 7 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    I hope I can get back in as easily. The tutorial race seems to be causing a lot of the problems and I wonder if they should've done it differently.

I'm looking forward to "living" a "normal life" as well by turning on passive mode and buying a house, playing golf etc
  • askew 2 Oct 2013 08:42:31 12,025 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I picked up a bloke last night... sadly I didn't really know where to take him and he took the decision to bail out at high speed :(
  • magicpanda 2 Oct 2013 08:43:22 13,262 posts
    Seen 22 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Any PS3 players managed to get it working?
  • Zizoo 2 Oct 2013 08:44:55 8,107 posts
    Seen 7 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    askew wrote:
    I picked up a bloke last night... sadly I didn't really know where to take him and he took the decision to bail out at high speed :(
    Heh, I also had that awkward moment of pressure to take them somewhere. Until they add other activities I think I'll take them to stores to rob.
  • Mike1980 2 Oct 2013 08:57:27 296 posts
    Seen 15 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    @magicpanda I couldn't. It was either 'unable to create session' or some other error. I tried solo game but that also kemp failing. I'm gonna try again tonight but don't have much hope.
  • DUFFMAN5 2 Oct 2013 09:08:28 14,392 posts
    Seen 15 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    So are we going to organize some dates and times for actual EG games ?
    I'm not volunteering doing it mind you ;)

"Duffman is thrusting in the direction of the problem! Oh, yeah!"

• Dave_McCoy 2 Oct 2013 09:23:51 2,770 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Thought I'd try again this morning when hopefully it's a bit quieter, but nope, still can't launch the first race. Try again later after work I guess.
  • JiveHound 2 Oct 2013 09:27:06 2,326 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 1 year ago
    Had a bit of a run around last night. Some definite potential for sure.

Live: Jive Hands
    PSN: Jive_Hands

• muttler 2 Oct 2013 09:32:51 3,937 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    magicpanda wrote:
    Any PS3 players managed to get it working?
    Thats a negative from me, not even for a moment last night. This morning I cant even connect to PSN.
  • Slint1000 2 Oct 2013 09:35:23 3,073 posts
    Seen 24 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    I got online relatively easily last night although I still had to reload the game a couple of times to get past the first race.

It's fairly stable once you're in though but it wasn't a bit fan of letting us accept game invites from friends so the workaround seems to be to go to the same mission marker and join them that way.

It was great fun, if a bit shambolic on the whole but those cops really don't like you driving stolen cars! I kept driving around and then suddenly having the police chase me anytime I happened to drive past one. You'd think I'd done something illegal or something.
  • mikew1985 2 Oct 2013 09:56:22 12,587 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    No joy for me last night either; getting stuck on the tutorial race. Will try tonight after some more SP and the CL.

It certainly sounds promising from some of the above impressions.

I gather, if anything, waiting to play will mean more content will be in place anyway.
  • the_dudefather 2 Oct 2013 10:04:01 9,188 posts
    Seen 1 minute ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Had a quick go this morning, but got stuck in the world's greatest online 'handing around a car-park' simulator

At least until World of Dogging comes out

(ง ͠ ͟ʖ ͡)

• Zizoo 2 Oct 2013 10:10:11 8,107 posts
    Seen 7 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Is anyone who got online able to see their online character on Social Network?

Mine isn't there and if he hasn't been saved I won't be pleased.

Also, why is my character so short? I did see a tall guy last night after thinking they were just all the same height.

Must be a midget grandparent somewhere in the family tree.
  • imamazed 2 Oct 2013 10:17:22 5,520 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Social club has "worked" for me once in-game; and that's being connected 24/7. Tried online last night (ps3), no joy. Got as far as creating a character, but that was it. I'm in no rush though.
  • kinky_mong 2 Oct 2013 10:19:56 9,952 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    I didn't get any further than the (pretty lousy) character creator last night on PS3, but can anyone tell me if there is a way to change which crew you belong to get's priority?

Edit: Worked it out, you need to set the crew as active on the Social Club.

Edited by kinky_mong at 10:23:19 02-10-2013

I'll never get my Orc looking the same again.

• TarickStonefire 2 Oct 2013 10:23:36 2,897 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    SO GTAO is just running around an instanced game world playing missions while other real people do the same, in the same instance? And you can either team up, or not? Can it be played solo? I don't really care about playing 'with' other people, really...

Any Netflix library in the world for a couple of quid a month? Gimme!

• griff0x 2 Oct 2013 10:26:30 702 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    @zizoo, no need to travel to an ATM, bring up internet on phone and go to money and services and then down to the bank site at the bottom, you can deposit/withdraw there without issues now.

Edited by griff0x at 10:27:07 02-10-2013
  • Whizzo 2 Oct 2013 10:27:18 43,033 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    kinky_mong wrote:Edit: Worked it out, you need to set the crew as active on the Social Club.
    You can set your active crew from the online section in the pause menu.

This space left intentionally blank.

• Zizoo 2 Oct 2013 10:27:41 8,107 posts
    Seen 7 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    @Tarick

Pretty much, but some (most?) missions/activities require at least 2 people.

You can do solo online where there isn't even anyone in your instance but your options will be very limited.

Edited by Zizoo at 10:28:04 02-10-2013
  • Zizoo 2 Oct 2013 10:28:28 8,107 posts
    Seen 7 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    @griff0x

Doh! Completely forgot about that, thanks.
  • Whizzo 2 Oct 2013 10:29:54 43,033 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    One thing that's better about an ATM than doing internet banking is you can only do deposits in chunks (say $10000) while you can do the whole lot in one go at an ATM.

Obviously that doesn't matter if you're somewhere quiet so you can just keep hitting deposit.

This space left intentionally blank.

• askew 2 Oct 2013 10:36:04 12,025 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Zizoo wrote:
    Is anyone who got online able to see their online character on Social Network?

Mine isn't there and if he hasn't been saved I won't be pleased.

Also, why is my character so short? I did see a tall guy last night after thinking they were just all the same height.

Must be a midget grandparent somewhere in the family tree.
    Hah. Mine's the same. Lamar made some cutting comment about it when he picked me up too :(
  • neilqpr 2 Oct 2013 10:40:43 2,828 posts
    Seen 12 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Tried for a couple of hours last night, nothing. Tried for about the last hour this morning, nothing. Can't join active games on friends list as I need to do the tutorial. Oh well.
  • shamblemonkee 2 Oct 2013 10:50:18 14,257 posts
    Seen 14 seconds ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Trick last night seemed to be to get it to the race screen with the blue menu on and then leaving it for up to 10 minutes, that's how i finally got in. once through the race it's all a lot smoother, although do expect some lock ups.

Once in i had a blast last night, mostly with the FUTA crew and some friends, the drugs retrieval mission especially was manic - with the drugs droped in a maelstrom of police making it impossible to retrieve - until brainboy died with it and managed to lead a merry dance home
  • GiarcYekrub 2 Oct 2013 10:55:42 3,660 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Posted this in the other thread but if online discussions are here, I was on 360, tried about 10 times yesterday between 5.30pm-12.30am and never got further than standing in a car park unable to move, usually it was "Launching Session..." or "Waiting for players..." usually I'd give it 5min to do something before I'd turn off and on again.

Well ok the first time I got asked if I wanted to view somebody else and I said cancel because no, I didn't, I wanted to play myself, and ended up driving around Los Santos with no Map and be told to go back to the race which wouldn't start

Edited by GiarcYekrub at 10:57:10 02-10-2013
  • Page

of 131 First / Last