Grand Theft Auto Online

• Page

of 132 First / Last

Previous
  • Ultrasoundwave 17 Sep 2013 19:40:40 3,270 posts
    Seen 20 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago

I figured this would need a thread of its own, as the other one may become cluttered with spoilers and story-related shenanigans.

Below, taken from IGN, is the GTA Online blurb :

Grand Theft Auto Online, the multiplayer component to Grand Theft Auto V, will launch two weeks after Grand Theft Auto V. It will be free for everyone who bought a copy of the game.

Grand Theft Auto Online is a dynamic and persistent online world for 16 players that begins by sharing gameplay features, geography and mechanics with Grand Theft Auto V, but will continue to expand and evolve after its launch with new content created by Rockstar Games and the Grand Theft Auto community, according to Rockstar.[1]

The game will let you and friends team up to tackle missions, activities, ambient events and other things, as well as competing with others in more traditional game modes.

When playing Grand Theft Auto Online, you take the role of a custom character. With this character, you can customize your appearance, increase stats, and own property and cars. You use this character to earn reputation and money to open up new opportunities for you and your friends.

'Crews', which have been seen recently seen in Max Payne 3, will also be used in Grand Theft Auto V. The 'Crew' mechanic makes use of Rockstar's Social Club, which has been in use since the release of Red Dead Redemption. By creating a 'Crew' in a game such as Max Payne 3, players will be able to port across their character between the two games.

Rockstar boss Dan Houser said: "Multiplayer is an ever-more important part of all our games moving forward. By creating crews through Social Club, the crews that you create in Max Payne 3 will be ready and available for you to play in Grand Theft Auto V from day one."

GTA V will let players form private crews with friends, or join public crews. Players can be a member of up to five at the same time, and completing tasks as a crew will gain experience points for the player. In late 2012, Rockstar said that "refining open-world multiplayer into something really special" had been a huge focus in the development of GTA V.

So, whats everyones thoughts?, personally, im getting a bit sick of COD/Battlefield, etc - so i'm fully preparing myself to dive into this and see what the fuss is about.

"The worst part is, I'll have to have the break-up sex with myself!"

• DUFFMAN5 17 Sep 2013 19:42:24 14,441 posts
    Seen 31 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Can't wait for it. Hopefully a good few EG crews will be on from day 1 :)

Gears Theft Auto will be recruiting

"Duffman is thrusting in the direction of the problem! Oh, yeah!"

• andytheadequate 17 Sep 2013 20:01:27 8,084 posts
    Seen 15 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    How do I join the EG GTA group?
  • fletch7100 17 Sep 2013 20:02:13 7,003 posts
    Seen 12 seconds ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Yeah I will be around for Xbox GTA shenanigans.

Will be torn between this and BF4 beta. Probably have both on at the same time :)
  • Jono62 17 Sep 2013 20:09:46 13,966 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    @andytheadequate

http://socialclub.rockstargames.com/crew/eurogamer
  • Vortex808 17 Sep 2013 20:57:02 6,979 posts
    Seen 12 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    fletch7100 wrote:
    Yeah I will be around for Xbox GTA shenanigans.

Will be torn between this and BF4 beta. Probably have both on at the same time :)
    Does the BF4 beta kick off when online starts for this too? Yeeesh. That's going to cause a bit of conflict for what I want to play for a bit.
  • Ultrasoundwave 18 Sep 2013 11:14:05 3,270 posts
    Seen 20 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Just found some more guff on the GTA Wiki page.

i cant help but notice one of the online game modes is 'Heists'. Seeing as the first heist at the jewelry store is one of the early highlights in the story mode, im looking forward to seeing how R* make them work for an online component.

• imamazed 18 Sep 2013 11:21:23 5,524 posts
    Seen 18 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Just when I thought my ass temps had cooled off :(
  • Ultrasoundwave 18 Sep 2013 11:22:48 3,270 posts
    Seen 20 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    This thread is all about the ass temps.......ONLINE ass temps!

• Ultrasoundwave 18 Sep 2013 11:41:36 3,270 posts
    Seen 20 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Just realised, this is a lousy thread without the official video in it :

Considering that you can see character interactions with Lemar and Lester in that video, it would seem that there is some sort of "story" element to the online mode too, which is nice.

The content creator also looks amazing.

Got to say, the Online looks every bit as epic as the story mode.

• Ultrasoundwave 18 Sep 2013 15:10:14 3,270 posts
    Seen 20 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Anyone know if EG or any other sites plan on doing a separate review for this?

R* seem to be treating as a different game (sort of) so i wonder if reviewers will too?

• Shikasama 18 Sep 2013 15:24:30 6,639 posts
    Seen 25 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Ultrasoundwave wrote:
    Anyone know if EG or any other sites plan on doing a separate review for this?

R* seem to be treating as a different game (sort of) so i wonder if reviewers will too?
    The general consensus from Twitter is that most will be treating it as a separate review
  • Ultrasoundwave 24 Sep 2013 13:11:07 3,270 posts
    Seen 20 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Really hope the micro-transactions spotted on Reddit arent too intrusive in GTA Online - thats a current trend that i was hoping R* would avoid :confused:

• andytheadequate 24 Sep 2013 13:37:45 8,084 posts
    Seen 15 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Ultrasoundwave wrote:
    Really hope the micro-transactions spotted on Reddit arent too intrusive in GTA Online - thats a current trend that i was hoping R* would avoid :confused:
    What makes it particularly bad is the satire on the radio shows about the CoD clone (I forgot what they call it...). It doesn't really work if you then have micro transactions.

Still, won't stop me playing it. The morons in the comments on the front page article that were saying they would boycott the game because of it made me laugh.

Edited by andytheadequate at 13:38:48 24-09-2013
  • Ranger_Ryu 25 Sep 2013 19:40:54 1,025 posts
    Seen 16 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    @andytheadequate

Righteous Slaughter 7
  • spamdangled 25 Sep 2013 19:54:13 27,271 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Info:

http://www.rockstargames.com/newswire/article/51422/some-more-details-on-grand-theft-auto-online.html

Content creator sounds good.

And the micro transactions make more sense if all future online content will be completely free, that development doesn't pay for itself.

3DS: 4055-2781-2855 Xbox: spamdangled PSN: dark_morgan Wii U: Spamdangle Steam: spamdangled

• B0rked_Gamer 25 Sep 2013 20:27:42 2,487 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Wait a mo, I thought this game made over one trillion dollars or whatever so they could always dip into that vast pile of cash to pay for this.
  • spamdangled 25 Sep 2013 20:31:26 27,271 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Seriously? Just because the game did well, they have no right to fund the development of the online game and should just pay for it out of their own pocket in perpetuity?

3DS: 4055-2781-2855 Xbox: spamdangled PSN: dark_morgan Wii U: Spamdangle Steam: spamdangled

• imamazed 25 Sep 2013 20:38:28 5,524 posts
    Seen 18 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I'm just looking forward to chopper vs chopper BUT IN THE COUNTRYSIDE
  • B0rked_Gamer 25 Sep 2013 21:29:20 2,487 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    darkmorgado wrote:
    Seriously? Just because the game did well, they have no right to fund the development of the online game and should just pay for it out of their own pocket in perpetuity?

I don't think "doing well" quite covers the insane amount of money GTA V has made. I think they could offer this online content for free and not have to worry.
  • DUFFMAN5 1 Oct 2013 12:30:14 14,441 posts
    Seen 31 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Rank 4 still playing tutorial, but doesn't seem to be saving anything, so may have to dialog again ?

• MattyB2007 1 Oct 2013 12:38:31 2,695 posts
    Seen 18 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Looking forward to this tonight. Hopefully it doesn't die due to huge numbers!

Live - Revenge First,
    Wii U/PSN & Steam - Revenge_First (Matt on Wii U as well)
    3DS - Matt - 1246-8695-7316

• Ultrasoundwave 1 Oct 2013 13:06:58 3,270 posts
    Seen 20 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    DUFFMAN5 wrote:
    Rank 4 still playing tutorial, but doesn't seem to be saving anything, so may have to dialog again ?
    How you finding the MP duff?, any good?

I wont be able to get on there until tonight :cry:

• NOSAVIOUR 1 Oct 2013 13:11:54 2,804 posts
    Seen 17 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    A bit of a slog at the start, and it doesn't save progress so the hour I have put in to it has been lost. Can't see cops and robbers game type too which sucks as loved that.
  • DUFFMAN5 1 Oct 2013 13:15:47 14,441 posts
    Seen 31 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Ultrasoundwave wrote:
    DUFFMAN5 wrote:
    How you finding the MP duff?, any good?

I wont be able to get on there until tonight :cry:
    Very very early of course but I had a ball.:-)
    Not too sure if my progress was saved though.
    Love the fact im our EG crew livery, you can also put your crew badge on vehicles once unlocked

• spamdangled 1 Oct 2013 13:17:19 27,271 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    oh fuck it. I'm meant to be stock-taking and doing some writing this afternoon but I can't resist.

See you in Los Santos, muthafuckers!

• Razz 1 Oct 2013 13:18:08 60,795 posts
    Seen 1 minute ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Doesn't work for me (ps3) times our every time :-(

--------------------------------------------------------------------
    Steam/PSN/XBOX: Razztafarai | 3DS: 1246-9674-8856
    --------------------------------------------------------------------

• BillMurray 1 Oct 2013 13:38:32 7,624 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago

Also, John Marston is apparently my Dad.

Edited by BillMurray at 14:00:04 01-10-2013
  • BillMurray 1 Oct 2013 15:41:34 7,624 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Are we using this thread solely for EGs crew? The other thread is a bit shit.
  • Deleted user 1 October 2013 15:47:47
    Anyone started using it yet with the ability to save it?
  • Page

of 132 First / Last

Previous