Rayman Legends - disc read error

• Page

of 1

Previous Next
  • Siobheon 15 Sep 2013 11:01:09 75 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Hi, I have an problem with my new Rayman Legends disc: I get a disc read error when I insert it. The disc isn't dirty or scratched. I've checked loads of other discs and they are all fine.

Then I took the Rayman disc to a friends house and it worked fine!

I assume that it therefore must be my xbox, but then it reads any other disc ok. I can't even install the game to hard-drive as I don't get that option. Although it does take me to the Rayman legends screen if I select 'Game details', so it must be able to identify the game, without allowing me to play or install it.

Any ideas? Is this the beginning of the end of my xbox? I've had it for coming up to 2 years.
  • RelaxedMikki 15 Sep 2013 11:10:33 927 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Sounds like it might be the beginning of the end for the XBox.

I had these kind of issues with my previous XBox. Started with one disc and then (very gradually) spread to others.

If you keep trying, can you get it to install? (Once it is installed, you will be fine - it's just getting that intitial install to work that can be a pain when the DVD is on the way out)
  • Doomspoon 15 Sep 2013 11:20:57 2,414 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Is the profile you're using connected to Live? Try with an offline profile. I only say this as a few years back on some of the CoD titles I used to get fake read errors which were actually connected with server issues at their end.

Tried clearing your HDD cache? http://www.wikihow.com/Delete-the-Cache-on-Your-Xbox-360
  • Siobheon 15 Sep 2013 21:32:04 75 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Hmm, tried clearing the cache and disconnected to live. Oddly, once I reconnected I would get to the option to install. It never got to the end in four goes though, the best was 61 percent.

The irritating thing is that simply games claim I've scratched the disc so won't give me a replacement. The disc isn't scratched. And Ubisoft will charge a tenner for a replacement. So my best option I think it's to sell on eBay, as I don't think it's the disc.

If I've learned one thing, it's not to shop at simply games. They were clearly set on not doing a refund from the outset.

Thanks for the help.
  • Page

of 1

Previous Next