This sort of stuff (or Those Japanese Games) Page 2

• Page

of 2 First / Last

Next
  • santashi 15 Sep 2013 00:58:04 5,055 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    It was hard to stop me reading books. :p

And yep, Hotel Dusk and Last Window! Forgot about those two.

Hope you enjoy VLR. I found it really gripped you the more you got into it.

PSN ID: finn1
    3DS: 3497-0005-6756

• dominalien 15 Sep 2013 00:58:14 6,839 posts
    Seen 58 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    L0cky wrote:
    Used to like the choose your own adventure books as a child; but I always had this sneaky feeling it was some kind of trick to make kids read books :p
    I'm pretty sure they were not the kind of books your parents had in mind, but mine certainly preferred those to seeing me glued to the screen of my Atari ST! :-)

PSN: DonOsito

• JinTypeNoir 15 Sep 2013 01:00:09 4,365 posts
    Seen 3 months ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Some developers released their modern idea of choose-your-own adventure or Game Books for the DS or DSiware, but out of the ones I played, only one was any good, and unfortunately it was never translated, at least to my knowledge.
  • santashi 20 Sep 2013 20:34:38 5,055 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Higurashi, one of the more famous visual novel series over here, is getting a Steam release. The story has some good twists in my opinion so might be worth looking out for if anyone wants to try a VN on their PC (and prefers to use Steam).

PSN ID: finn1
    3DS: 3497-0005-6756

• aros 16 Oct 2013 11:35:10 2,581 posts
    Seen 8 seconds ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    JinTypeNoir wrote:
    Some developers released their modern idea of choose-your-own adventure or Game Books for the DS or DSiware, but out of the ones I played, only one was any good, and unfortunately it was never translated, at least to my knowledge.
    I downloaded a few free ones on Android but they were quite poorly written so I couldn't get into the ones I tried. They were from what seemed to be one of the major mobile CYOA devs too.
  • Page

of 2 First / Last

Next