House of Cards

• Page

of 1

Previous Next
  • muttler 14 Sep 2013 21:04:48 4,233 posts
    Seen 52 seconds ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Couldn't find an existing thread.  Thought I'd give this a shot.  Looks excellent and ooh, directed by David Fincher. 
  • MrTomFTW Moderator 14 Sep 2013 22:34:37 39,375 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    It took me a few episodes until I really "got" this. But I'm in for the second season, whenever that is.

Follow me on Twitter: @MrTom
    Voted by the community "Best mod" 2011, 2012 and 2013.

• Bremenacht 14 Sep 2013 23:58:37 19,393 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    A wee bit drawn out, over the season, but still quality. The next season will be something completely new, seeing as there is no King to be played. Unless he goes up against Oprah Winfrey.
  • modula 15 Sep 2013 03:39:10 264 posts
    Seen 18 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Absolutely loved this. It does dip a little in the middle, but overall it's superb; beautifully shot and well written with excellent acting. Keep meaning to watch the original too...
  • Bremenacht 19 Sep 2013 23:16:31 19,393 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    You should! I won't go on about it (like in the other House of Cards thread :) ), but you should at least give the first series a go, and see what you think of the original Urqhart. I think he's wonderful.
  • muttler 8 Jan 2014 21:25:35 4,233 posts
    Seen 52 seconds ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Season 2 coming to UK Netflix on February 14th.
  • UncleLou Moderator 8 Jan 2014 22:58:14 35,799 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    I don't think it's as clever as it pretends to be. There are series which handle political intrigue a lot less heavy-handed and obvious, but it's very entertaining. Entirely carried by Spacey though. Well worth a watch, but not as sophisticated as I hoped it would be.
  • UncleLou Moderator 8 Jan 2014 23:00:11 35,799 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Er. This thread was on the first page when I replied, now I see the last post before mine is a few months old. WTF? :)
  • Youthist 8 Jan 2014 23:01:17 10,057 posts
    Seen 16 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Dunno. But this was good.

"Good chess players think one move ahead. Great chess players think two or three moves ahead."

• CharlieStCloud 10 Feb 2014 18:50:46 5,392 posts
    Seen 16 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Finally got through this after beginning this show the day after New Years Day.

... not bad!

The first two episodes were far and away the best though.

Kevin Spacey steals the show, but I do like the chap who plays Peter Russo ... the rocky relationship between Claire and Francis is probably the best part of the show for me, which is a little bit strange considering the show is about Frank wanting Vice Presidency.

I enjoy watching the characters worm they way out of situations that are seemingly difficult to get out of thus, unfortunately, it brings me to say that the negative aspect of the show is that things are too perfect. Things happen too nicely and without any real bad consequence(s).

Hopefully season two, which begins in four days time, ups the tension and shows us more of those kind of bad scenarios that stays bad as oppose to having a conclusion that is sweet and nicely tied up with a bow.

p.s. For those of you who shall be watching season two, please don't forget to use those spoiler tags.

Edited by CharlieStCloud at 19:20:01 10-02-2014
  • Bremenacht 10 Feb 2014 19:56:42 19,393 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    UncleLou wrote:
    Er. This thread was on the first page when I replied, now I see the last post before mine is a few months old. WTF? :)
    Sure you weren't looking at the other House of Cards thread? There are two.

I'd forgotten about a second season. May have to re-sub to Netflix for a month.
  • Page

of 1

Previous Next