Bugbear's "Next Car Game"

• Page

of 3 First / Last

Previous
  • Purple44 8 Sep 2013 12:49:26 52 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Are you a Flatout fan? If so Bugbear need your help to Greenlight there new derby\racing game over at Steam, working title "Next Car Game".

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=176123360

Bugbear is back and is self-publishing a new Flatout style racing and derby game:

If want to be an alpha tester and get an early sneak peek of the " Next Car Game", you can pre-order for as little as $25.

http://nextcargame.com/pre-order/

Be sure to checkout Bugbear forum to get more details about NCG:

FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS

Edited by Purple44 at 12:50:32 08-09-2013

Edited by Purple44 at 12:51:11 08-09-2013

Edited by Purple44 at 12:53:02 08-09-2013
  • BillMurray 8 Sep 2013 12:58:17 7,739 posts
    Seen 42 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Voted. I'd love another game similar to Flatout.
  • Whizzo 8 Sep 2013 12:59:18 43,124 posts
    Seen 7 minutes ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Pre-ordered it already and now voted as well, I've enjoyed all of Bugbear's games so very happy to see them get back to a more Flatout style of game.

This space left intentionally blank.

• Purple44 10 Sep 2013 07:58:44 52 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    http://community.bugbeargames.com/index.php/topic,968.msg8868.html#msg8868

Posted today:
    [quote=Joonas Laakso]
    Well, since you asked:

We are currently #59 of 1,382 games in Greenlight. So it's going rather well.

Thank you all! There seems to be a definite want for this game.
    Voting only started last Friday!! The Next Car Game will get Greenlighted!!

Steam just Greenlighted a 100 games Aug 28, so unfortunately for Bugbear, it might take another month or 2 before Steam Greenlight a new bunch of PC games.
  • Purple44 13 Sep 2013 15:36:08 52 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Shocking new video from Bugbear! :o

Behind the scenes of "Next Car Game": Car damage fun!

From Bugbear twitter yesterday:

Lion ‏@Lion_BC304 12 Sep

@bugbeargames Any news on Payment Options or Greenlight?
    Expand
    BugbearEntertainmen t ‏@bugbeargames 12 Sep

@Lion_BC304 Greenlight is currently #26 out of 1388 games, so "pretty good"... Still working on payment options. Hopefully this week.bugbeargames 12 Sep
  • Purple44 19 Sep 2013 01:01:34 52 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    In less than 2 weeks Bugbear "Next Car Game" has been Greenlighted by Steam!! :)

This game has been Greenlit by the Community!

The community has shown their interest in this game. Valve has reached out to this developer to start moving things toward release on Steam.

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=176123360

From Bugbear twitter page today:

BugbearEntertainment ?@bugbeargames 2h

We have been approved for a Steam release after a very nice and fast ride through Greenlight. Thanks everyone!
  • Purple44 20 Sep 2013 07:24:09 52 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Here some new info about NCG pre-orders:

website pre-order vs steam??

[quote=Joonas Laakso]
    [quote=crazychris4124]
    i also posted this on steam but

will there be any difference between those who purchased on steam and those who purchased on your website?? i got the wrecker edition which gives me a bonus car
    We're not sure yet how we're going to structure the Steam Early Access. Likely it's a one size fits all deal (low price and just the game); if you want the good stuff, you need to pre-order from us. We really prefer pre-orders from us as that leaves us with considerably more of the money.

Pre-orders from us do come with Steam keys now that we're through Greenlight (once we have a Steam build available, naturally).
  • midnight_walker 20 Sep 2013 08:58:26 1,988 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    If you want me to be an alpha tester feel free to PM me with a suitable wage offer and a free copy of the game and I'll mull it over.

Oh wait, you want me to pay you to bugtest your game? Haha, no.
  • Purple44 22 Sep 2013 20:06:35 52 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    If you are going to buy the game anyway, would you not want be part of the alpha\beta testing, so you can have a say in how the game get develop.

And the extra $$ now, will allow Bugbear to do some extra stuff before releasing NCG.
  • Purple44 3 Jan 2014 17:34:13 52 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Thanks to all them youtude videos of the Sneak Peek playground demo and the pre-alpha release before Christmas, Bugbear has now reach their 10,000 pre-order goal:

Early Access through Steam.
    16,885 Backers
    $ 491,331

Now Bugbear can take some extra time and add some extra stuff they want to do before releasing Next Car Game. And no middle man publisher to screw things up!! :D

Bugbear >>>
    Why Do We Need Your Help?

It’s actually very simple. This is not going to be a small game, we have a lot of ambition on what Next Car Game could be. We’ve invested over one million dollars into the game already. This would normally be the time when we go looking for a publisher to take us the rest of the way. This time, however, we want to make the game that we want – the game that you want – not the game that a publisher wants. Making games costs some serious money, but if everything goes well, we’ll have a great, tight-knit community that’s going to support a lot of awesome content over the years!

We at Bugbear have a long track-record of making high-octane racing games, and we know that we can pull it through with your support. We’ve been making racing games for over 13 years, and this is our tenth (10 !) game. We’re recreating a type of experience we’ve already shipped three times on four different platforms, so we do know what we’re doing.

"Next Car Game" pre-order may go live on Steam this month and hopefully Bugbear will have pick the official new name for NCG.

Edited by Purple44 at 17:35:03 03-01-2014
  • Purple44 10 Jan 2014 20:38:17 52 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Breaking news, this just got posted over at Bugbear forum today - Mixed-surface tracks thread:

>>>Purple44
    >>>Timo Palonen
    ***We're currently working on couple of tracks that feature both tarmac and gravel on the same circuit. These will be added along the way for sure.

We've got some prototype snow and mud tracks too, but they are way down the line in development at the moment. But maybe in the future... Who knows ;)
    You made me smile today, this first that I have read that Bugbear is working on snow tracks!!!! :D :D :D

If the snow tracks won't be ready for release, I can wait until expansion pack. The snow tracks would be a good selling point for an expansion pack.

Please, please Bugbear, release a snow map. The snow tracks were very popular in Flatout 1 and in the POLL: Favorite environment, the Winter forest is second at 50 votes.

I think I will start a new thread to talk about snow tracks, instead of getting off topic here.

Now that it been confirm that Bugbear is looking at snow tracks, I want to encourage Bugbear to continue developing a snow map with different track variations and hope others will post and ask Bugbear to give us snow tracks.

Want snow tracks? Let Bugbear know here.

Edited by Purple44 at 20:40:57 10-01-2014
  • Purple44 18 Jan 2014 08:10:14 52 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    NCG is now live on Steam to pre-order. http://store.steampowered.com/app/228380/

Update 2013-01-15

Janne Suur-Näkki>>>
    To get the Steam Early Access going in style, we've already updated the build. It's only been a week or so after resuming work since the holidays so there's not *that* much that's been done yet, but we feel it's still definitely something that we want to get out of the door and into your hands.

Here are the most important changes:

- Implemented iterative engine component damage + related HUD visuals.
    - Fixed damage direction deduction so that damage is allocated correctly.
    - Fixed position counter so that the player cannot be further back than the last.
    - Changed the position counter to always show the number of cars that started.
    - Removed player kill areas from environments.
    - Reduced arm-co friction and wooden fence mass.
    - Implemented environment geometry fixes and polishing.
    - Implemented lighting tweaks, and added lens flares.
    - Implemented constant vertical FOV to support widescreen resolutions.
    - Fixed user interface bugs and added general polish.
    - Fixed a couple of minor audio issues.
    - Improved general build stability.

In case the updating process doesn't start automatically, please log out of Steam and back in.
    Edited by Purple44 at 08:11:32 18-01-2014
  • TarickStonefire 18 Jan 2014 08:25:31 3,107 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Playing to a crowd of three, mate. No, not four - I'm on my way out the thread door.

Any Netflix library in the world for a couple of quid a month? Gimme!

• estoo 18 Jan 2014 09:31:34 2,820 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Well I'm interested... The soft body damage looks absolutely incredible, I'm surprised there's not a bigger thread on this. I plan on getting the early access later today after watching a few videos on reddit.
  • Arrr9 18 Jan 2014 10:41:47 415 posts
    Seen 4 weeks ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    One of the very few early access games that I don't regret buying and the first racing game I've been interested in for years. Hopefully it'll be updated fairly regularly with new tracks, cars, tuning etc and of course multiplayer which would sell the game to a lot more people.

Very fun game that deserves to do well, really looking forward to seeing what comes next for it.
  • BillMurray 18 Jan 2014 10:48:17 7,739 posts
    Seen 42 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    I can't keep track of all these bloody threads.
  • ibenam 18 Jan 2014 10:49:53 1,425 posts
    Seen 32 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Impressive
  • Purple44 23 Jan 2014 03:19:38 52 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Here another example of Bugbear listening to those that have pre-order and are testing out the pre-alpha: :)

Horrible new damage indicator...

Tapio Vierros >>>
    Your comments are heard and the "FPS-style" indicator is currently disabled in our dev version. It was an attempt at better communicating the direction of hits, but now we're back to the drawing board. Thanks for the valuable feedback. This is one of the perks of Early Access: we get to run things by you and take a step back if things don't quite work out, so that everyone gets a better game.
    CrashsTestsFr >>>
    Like the others members said, it could fit a FPS game, because when you're hit, your character direction isn't affected, there's nothing to tell you you've been hit.
    Here in a racing game, every little contact has an effect on the car, we can immediately "feel" that contact, we don't need an indicator.
    It's nice that you have disabled it =)

• Purple44 29 Jan 2014 00:40:35 52 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Just to let those that are thinking about pre-ordering Next Car Game and get the early access at Steam and have not taken the plunge, time is running out to get NCG at this price:

$25 ([s]$30[/s])plain NCG version

$35 ([s]$45[/s])Digital Deluxe Edition - That come with some extra and give Bugbear some extra support.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/228380/?snr=1_7_15__13

18 hours left before Bugbear raises the prices for NCG at Steam. Not sure if prices get raise at Bugbear site too?

http://nextcargame.com/pre-order/

WEEKEND SMASHER

Just the game, thanks!
    $25 ([s]$30[/s])

FULL-TIME WRECKER

I want the whole experience, including an exclusive ride!
    $35 ([s]$45[/s])

MASTER BLASTER

I want all the good stuff as well, plus to get my name in the game!
    $50 ([s]$60[/s])

TEAM BUGBEAR MEMBER

I want to roll with the Bugbear guys and have all the extra goodies as well!
    $70 ([s]$80[/s])

BUGBEAR
    VEHICLE ARTIST

Limit of 20 !

I know how to design a cool clunker and want to join in as a guest artist!
    $1000

Buy Now!

Finished game on PC

Digital download once available. Estimate: Early Spring 2014

EARLY ACCESS BUILD

Estimate: Late 2013

Playable Sneak Peek

Once we hit 10’000 pre-orders we’ll release a playable sneak peek.

Exclusive pre-order wallpapers

Available: NOW!

Exclusive "Backer" Racing Car

Only available during the pre-order campaign!

Next Car Game Soundtrack

Name in the game

Your name will be featured in-game in “classified ads”!

Exclusive "Team Bugbear" Car Paintjob

"Team Bugbear Vehicle Artist” community badge

You will have a special badge on the forum.

Design a car paintjob

Design a car paintjob with us. Submit a sketch or idea and we will create it in-game.

YOUR NAME LISTED IN THE GAME’S CREDITS

Under “Special Guest Vehicle Artist”
  • estoo 29 Jan 2014 09:49:11 2,820 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    @Purple44 Not sure if you are a dev or just a REALLY big fan, but do you know if there's a fix coming to allow separate wheel and pedal inputs?

G27 with clubsport pedals isn't possible at the moment, although I suppose this may be more of a pad based game in the end. Be nice to have the option though.
  • y2rich 29 Jan 2014 16:44:06 1,390 posts
    Seen 6 days ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    @estoo

Game works surprisingly well with the wheel although the ffb will shake your desk to pieces. I had to plug my Clubsports into my wheel directly so it was one device (ps3 mode) to get it to work.
  • Purple44 31 Jan 2014 10:47:45 52 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    y2rich wrote:
    @estoo

Game works surprisingly well with the wheel although the ffb will shake your desk to pieces. I had to plug my Clubsports into my wheel directly so it was one device (ps3 mode) to get it to work.
    Ya Bugbear getting a lot of complaints from players with wheel that uses separate wheel and pedals. NCG right now only will see one USB controller device. Maybe next build release will have support for 2 USB controller devices.

Here some new news about Next Car Game:

Next Car Game made over $1 million after one week in Early Access

Here the news release:

Next Car Game made over $1 million dollars in one week!

We're very proud to announce that the official Early Access launch of our titular demolition racing game, aptly titled Next Car Game, has been a huge success. The game was officially launched on Steam mid-January, and it instantly took the Steam Top Sellers chart by storm. In total, the game made over $1,000,000 during one week in sales through our own pre-order site and Steam.

This is an amazing success for a racing game, especially considering our tough road to the success. Along the way we pitched the game to numerous publishers in the hopes that the game would eventually get released. Unfortunately we receive the same response all over again – there were no market for a game like ours. Come on, who would want to race and crash with such old beaters? Well, we would! Because of that we didn't give up, but instead chose to seek crowd-funding on Kickstarter. However, we experienced another setback when our Kickstarter campaign didn't reach the goal we were aiming for.

However, we still believed in the game, and we decided to release a playable technology sneak peek. We were literally awe-struck by the great response the sneak peek received. The pre-order sales skyrocketed, and we reached and actually topped our original Kickstarter funding goal in just week! And most importantly: the success showed us that the players believed in the game.

The players will also be the ones to benefit the most from the success of the game. Thanks to our awesome fans, we finally have a chance to make the game we always intended and shape it into a definite demolition racing experience the players have been yearning for years. We already have some really great new stuff in the works, and if you have any ideas on what you'd like to see in the game, don't hesitate to visit our community forum and let us know!

Next Car Game is currently available on Steam and at nextcargame.com.

Visit nextcargame.com to download a free technology sneak peek!

Next Car Game's vehicular destruction in 11 GIFs
  • Purple44 8 Feb 2014 02:28:15 52 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    It look like Bugbear is now going to post a weekly report. Here the first one:

Weekly Report 7.2.2014

First of all, we’re sorry that we’ve been more or less flying under the radar since our first update in January. The response to our Early Access launch on Steam was tremendous, and to be honest we’ve had our hands full with answering all the feedback and figuring out a roadmap for the remainder of the development according to your feedback.

However, that’s not to say we’ve been just kicking our heels. The second update is incoming next week, and it will contain some great new content as well as significant gameplay improvements. The highlights include a completely new cinematic camera mode for taking great screenshots, highly customizable races with both lap and opponent count settings, rotating steering wheels, a plenty of new upgrade parts such as different types of differentials, another chase camera higher and further back, more precise gameplay damage, as well as a hefty amount of small but important improvements and tweaks. More about the details next week!

One thing that we know many of you are anxiously waiting for are new cars, and we’re happy to let you know that the update will see an addition of a typical 80s style American sedan. It has more weight to it than either of the cars that are now included while it’s perhaps not as maneuverable. We’re pretty confident that it will offer a great new race and derby experience. Naturally the car comes with a set of upgrade parts.

And that’s not all. A figure 8 style track is probably something that many players will consider as *the* derby track, so we thought we’d put one in! That’s right, the next update will contain a modified version of the derby arena with a figure 8 track built inside it. The space is pretty confined so speeds never get that high, but imagine the chaos and destruction with all 24 cars going after each other in such a small space!

Some teaser screenshots of the new car on the figure 8 track:

The discussion on our community forum at community.bugbeargames.com has been as lively as ever, with lengthy discussions going on regarding all aspects of the game. We’re also pleased to introduce two community moderators, Usmovers_02 and Majatek, that will be helping us run the forum. Both are long-time Next Car Game enthusiasts with a broad knowledge about the game. Be sure to say hello to them and join the discussion!

See you next week!
  • Purple44 15 Feb 2014 09:25:23 52 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Bugbear release build 3 today.

I did up a video on my first 3 tries on the figure 8 track with the new car. :)

If got a good sound system, turn up the volume! :)

No triple t-bone yet!! Got few single T-bones and a few near misses.

Edited by Purple44 at 09:27:28 15-02-2014
  • Physically_Insane 15 Feb 2014 11:21:14 8,857 posts
    Seen 13 seconds ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Oh man, the new figure of 8 track is insane!
  • BillMurray 15 Feb 2014 11:31:00 7,739 posts
    Seen 42 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    That does look good. Hope we see some high numbers in multiplayer down the line. Is it 12 or so in MP at the moment?
  • andytheadequate 15 Feb 2014 11:41:01 8,177 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    When are they going to give it a proper name? Really looking forward to this, although I'm going to wait for it to be properly released before buying
  • glaeken 15 Feb 2014 12:16:01 11,174 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Maybe Flatout 3 would work? I don't see why they would not use the Flatout name.
  • Fake_Blood 15 Feb 2014 12:24:51 4,211 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Dash view + oculus rift support pls!
  • Purple44 16 Feb 2014 10:16:30 52 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    BillMurray wrote:
    That does look good. Hope we see some high numbers in multiplayer down the line. Is it 12 or so in MP at the moment?
    Bugbear has confirm at least 12 players online, maybe more. 12 player races is a good number online, but for derbys, the more the merrier. :)

glaeken wrote:
    Maybe Flatout 3 would work? I don't see why they would not use the Flatout name.
    Bugbear does not own the rights to the Flatout name. Publisher Empire Interactive did back in 2008 before they went belly up and rights to the Flatout name got sold to Zoo Games, then got sold to Strategy First.
  • Page

of 3 First / Last

Previous