Goldeneye 007: Reloaded

• Page

of 1

Previous Next
  • Deleted user 3 September 2013 22:15:57
    Is it any good? as i'm tempted, as i've never played the original N64 game that so many rave about.
  • LionheartDJH 3 Sep 2013 22:30:58 19,548 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Goldeneye on the N64 is a celebrated classic and the most critically acclaimed Bond game ever. You should play it.

Goldeneye Reloaded however is a distinctly average 'reimagining' which doesn't compare to the original and even as a big Bond fan I grew tired of it towards the end. Worth playing for maybe a fiver, but to be honest Quantum of Solace and Blood Stone are both better alternatives if you're looking for a current gen Bond fix.

She dives for cheese pasties

• LionheartDJH 3 Sep 2013 22:32:58 19,548 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Oh shit almost forgot, here's the covers so you don't get confused:

She dives for cheese pasties

• Deleted user 4 September 2013 21:23:08
    LionheartDJH wrote:
    Goldeneye on the N64 is a celebrated classic and the most critically acclaimed Bond game ever. You should play it.

Goldeneye Reloaded however is a distinctly average 'reimagining' which doesn't compare to the original and even as a big Bond fan I grew tired of it towards the end. Worth playing for maybe a fiver, but to be honest Quantum of Solace and Blood Stone are both better alternatives if you're looking for a current gen Bond fix.
    That's what I was thinking, a £5'er. Over on Amazon many appear to love Goldeneye Reloaded for the PS3. Many rave about the map design, and that it's the same as the N64 game. Some moan, as Bond has been updated to Daniel Craig.

Quantum the film sucked, so I can't go near the game. As for Bloodstone, i've never heard of it, so i checked out the cover:

Hmmm.. looks a bit naf

Edited by blacksea at 18:13:14 07-09-2013
  • Deleted user 7 September 2013 18:11:14
    Goldeneye 007 : Reloaded

Been playing this for an hour or so. It’s really quite ok. The game appears to lack the classic Bond intro, although there is the Metro Goldwyn Mayer Roaring Lion. After completing the 1st level, the game credits intro plays, complete with Goldeneye theme tune, performed by Nicole Scherzinger, and not Tina Turner, who performed the orignal version. It all works really well.

From what I have seen of the level’s so far, the graphics look good, although everything is rather square, angular, non organic, and rather grey metal cement industrial etc. There’s also office, computers, lab etc. All located inside, with very little outside location. It feels like a typical run-of-the-mill PC FPS, which isn’t a bad thing. The water bottle (drinks machine) in the office looks rather poor. The rain FX are good.

As I type, I’m taking a small herbal-tea-break from the game. The level I’m currently on has a welcome change in the form of blue water and yellow painted metal stairs, in other words, there’s some colour - Yay!

Looking forward to seeing more outside locations, more colour, maybe daylight.

Edited by blacksea at 18:21:37 07-09-2013
  • Deleted user 7 September 2013 18:40:23
    Bloodstone wasn't too bad. Goldeneye Reloaded, however, might as well be an amateur James Bond mod for Call of Duty.
  • Deleted user 7 September 2013 19:07:24
    Level 2 - Barcelona - Nightclub

Heh, the basic design isn’t too far off the club that appears during Seeping Dogs, i.e. basic circular. All the girls appear to be clones of each other, and the floor texture - carpet looks really out of scale. Niggles. Once beyond the main room, the main dance floor is impressive, there's many many dancers.

Edited by blacksea at 19:13:27 07-09-2013
  • Short-Round 7 Sep 2013 19:26:56 1,181 posts
    Seen 3 weeks ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Completed this a few nights back on 360. Enjoyable enough, but not as good as Quantum of Solace. I'm now a few hours into Blood Stone, and it's actually really good, looks very nice as well.
  • Deleted user 7 September 2013 21:49:03
    Short-Round wrote:
    Completed this a few nights back on 360. Enjoyable enough, but not as good as Quantum of Solace. I'm now a few hours into Blood Stone, and it's actually really good, looks very nice as well.
    I'm thinking of getting Blood Stone at some point.

Goldeneye 007: Reloaded - i've been at the airport for a while. Again it is nighttime as with the previous levels. The airport looks really quite good.
  • Short-Round 7 Sep 2013 22:08:41 1,181 posts
    Seen 3 weeks ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    There's not that much colour and environment variety in Reloaded (and remember, it's an upscaled Wii game, so you can only polish a turd so much), like gremmi said, it's like an amateur James Bond Call of Duty mod. Blood Stone is surprisingly purdy, a nice variety of environments and the stealth stuff isn't a ball ache.
  • Stockings 7 Sep 2013 22:51:21 1,124 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    The Wii Goldeneye is great, I still play it online a lot.
    Always been curious about Reloaded, but I actually read it was worse than the Wii one?
  • Deleted user 8 September 2013 11:27:35
    Short-Round wrote:
    There's not that much colour and environment variety in Reloaded (and remember, it's an upscaled Wii game, so you can only polish a turd so much), like gremmi said, it's like an amateur James Bond Call of Duty mod. Blood Stone is surprisingly purdy, a nice variety of environments and the stealth stuff isn't a ball ache.
    ah i see. It looks good for an upscaled game. I did wonder why things such as the motor bikes look a bit chunky like wood, and not crafted like metal. Bond's hands too should look realistic. That said, Syberia looks too hi-def to be unscaled. As grey as it looks, Syberia appears to be the most impressive looking level.

I might just blast through this and move onto Blood Stone.

Edited by blacksea at 17:14:51 08-09-2013
  • Deleted user 9 September 2013 19:10:25
    (Goldeneye 007: Reloaded) - OMG, what were they (the designer(s) thinking ?

Let me explain. There is a tank section, a section where Bond takes control of a black tank. Being a FPS you’d have thought the point of view would have been from inside the tank. Instead, they’ve gone with 3rd person view, which simply doesn’t fit with the rest of the game. To make matters worst, they opted for a really bizarre control system. Given a tank has 2 tracks, it might have made sense to control the left and right tracks to turn left and right. Instead, the idea is to push forward using L3, thus moving the tank forward, and to use R3 to move the tank gun left and right. Depending on where the tank gun is pointing, the tank body plays catch up. It really doesn’t help what is otherwise an ok’ish game.

Time to move on, to the Jungle, where, at last, there is colour, all bit of the green variety, and it‘s day light too. Still it makes a welcome change from grey, night time, inside etc.

Edited by blacksea at 19:11:19 09-09-2013
  • Short-Round 9 Sep 2013 19:55:54 1,181 posts
    Seen 3 weeks ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Siberia and the jungle were my favourite levels in Reloaded, purely because they introduced colour and sunlight.

A good few hours into Blood Stone and still enjoying it, still looks nice as well. Forgot this was by Bizarre, who were a good dev.
  • Deleted user 10 September 2013 07:35:41
    Short-Round wrote:
    Siberia and the jungle were my favourite levels in Reloaded, purely because they introduced colour and sunlight.

A good few hours into Blood Stone and still enjoying it, still looks nice as well. Forgot this was by Bizarre, who were a good dev.
    Siberia looks pretty impressive. The Jungle too looks good, bar the animation of the plants, which looks a little wavy. The Jungle stage offered the most interesting challenge. I think I'm at the end of the game now, in a room protecting 3 machines while a female works them.

I somehow now want to play Blood Stone more.
  • Page

of 1

Previous Next