Open Me! ...A real life Vita exclusive (!)

• Page

of 1

Previous Next
  • aros 2 Sep 2013 10:15:32 2,053 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago

This AR game about opening boxes has been out for a few weeks now.

It seems you can buy the full game for 6.50 or individual packs of boxes for 65p each.

I've given the demo a shot and am considering the full game.

Has anyone picked it up? What are your thoughts?

The AR tech is impressive as always and the game is fun - is it a good novelty to play a bit of between more hardcore games? How is the difficulty curve?

It's from JapanStudio and seems to be getting good reviews but has flown under the radar a bit - hopefully this thread will help those of us on the fence.

Sorry if there is a thread for this already, I haven't seen one.
  • el_pollo_diablo 2 Sep 2013 21:35:07 2,031 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    I bought it. It's pretty fun. It reminds me of a slightly less accomplished version of The Room (the ios game).

As with all of these AR games, the tech can barely handle it, meaning the framerate stutters a bit. But the Vita certainly copes better than the 3DS, and it's always nice to see something a bit different.

3.5/5

Edited by el_pollo_diablo at 21:36:37 02-09-2013
  • el_pollo_diablo 4 Sep 2013 12:50:57 2,031 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Looks like Edge felt the same as me: http://m.edge-online.com/review/open-me-review
  • aros 6 Sep 2013 09:23:16 2,053 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I think I'll wait till it comes to PS+. I expect it will eventually, around the time there is another AR game released.
  • el_pollo_diablo 7 Sep 2013 22:26:16 2,031 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    PulsAR is alright too.

I'm a sucker for AR games, despite the fact that they all seem considerably flawed. :-)
  • Page

of 1

Previous Next