SOPA 2013

• Page

of 1

Previous Next
  • Aldo111 25 Aug 2013 21:49:53 2 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    I know this is eurogamer and not US but I think this would affect just about everyone using the Internet either directly or indirect.

For those of you who haven't seen this yet:
    https://petitions.whitehouse.gov/petition/stop-sopa-2013/LMzMVrQF

An excerpt from the petition:
    "Here we are in 2013 and again dealing with a portion of SOPA, this time the streaming of copywritten works is at the forefront of this particular law to be. If a particular stream contains any copywritten material of any sort the uploader and creator of said content can be found guilty and automatically placed in prison for years on felony charges."

Example translation: Person records video of himself talking on youtube. Person has random song playing in background or leaves radio on or something similar. Person can now legally be arrested because of the use of a song for which he did not have rights/permission.

..etc

I feel that the official response might be a "decline to comment" one because on another petition it was mentioned that they have the right, as mentioned under the terms of participation of the website, to not comment on matters affecting law/judicial action.

But personally I feel it's important to make sure they know just how many people are not in favor of such a measure (if you are not in favor, that is. To each their own).

~Aldo

Edited by Aldo111 at 21:50:02 25-08-2013
  • mal 25 Aug 2013 22:03:52 22,711 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Hmm, tells me I've already signed the petition when I click that link. You sure the link's right?

Edit: Weird, it looks right now and tells me I need to log in to vote. Peculiar.

Edited by mal at 22:06:16 25-08-2013

Cubby didn't know how to turn off sigs!

• Aldo111 26 Aug 2013 09:52:46 2 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Yeah you need to sign up (quick process) and then sign the petition. Bit annoying but yeah
  • Page

of 1

Previous Next