• iancognito 25 Aug 2013 09:49:58 781 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    According to adverts, mums are heroes.

Jimmy Carr, legend.
  • Maturin 25 Aug 2013 09:52:10 2,732 posts
    Seen 16 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Yes being in the military doesn't automatically make you a hero. Doing something heroic does. I think the blanket use of hero these days makes genuinely heroic deeds seem somewhat diminished. We have become a society that "litchrally yeah?" likes to overuse some words.
  • OptimusPube 25 Aug 2013 09:56:41 2,412 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Yeah the word hero is really overused, and I agree with everything in that help for heroes post, there shouldn't be a charity for it the government should look after our war personnel during and after their service.

Is it supposed to be like this?

• Telepathic.Geometry 25 Aug 2013 09:59:03 11,118 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Yeah, the gay pride thing is something I don't like. I'd rather it were gay rights or something, or gay awareness. Not the extraordinarily flamboyant extrovert gay parade. I am all for gay civil marriage and whatnot, and I don't really care if my friend is gay or not.

I used to have a gay co-worker at my old job, and we really got on we'll for the first few months, but I eventually grew tired of his incessant gay monologue. I'm heterosexual, but I don't go on about it ll the time FFS.

I guess it might be a product of the inability of society to accept him, but I still wish he could have spent more time talking about work, movies, games and music...

|| PSN Barrysama || NNID Barrysama ||

• mrpon 25 Aug 2013 10:02:55 27,645 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Wobbly tables in restaurants.

Give yourself 5 or gig, you're worth it.

• FuzzyDuck 25 Aug 2013 10:15:20 3,543 posts
    Seen 36 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    mowgli wrote:
    GuiltySpark wrote:
    People who make no effort to branch out into things. Taking FuzzyDuck's example, Foo Fighters. It's a nice, easy entry into rock music - but why stop there? Why only listen to what's on the front of Kerrang? Mass market music will always be inferior because it has to cater to a massive audience. Find your niche and revel in it. I found a certain sound and atmosphere that I adore, and it doesn't limit me to one genre.

Some people just are content in watching NCIS rather than Breaking Bad, or watching Identikit Action/Horror film #2, and it utterly annoys the hell out of me. To me, it says that the person is fucking dull and probably not overly intelligent.

It annoys me, but I guess it shouldn't.
    Some people, better people, don't care about branching out into other TV shows because they have more important things going on in their life. Also, something like breaking bad is not for everyone.
    An entirely fair and accurate point, but it's in keeping with the title and theme of the thread.
  • Zizoo 25 Aug 2013 10:20:31 7,705 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Addicting
  • OptimusPube 25 Aug 2013 10:24:52 2,412 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Another that gets me and it's from using Reddit a lot is using the word bangs for fringe, it's just fucking stupid, what do they call sideburns, kapows?

• elstoof 25 Aug 2013 10:29:15 6,138 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    When people put their dirty spoons in the communal sugar bowl.
  • ZuluHero 25 Aug 2013 10:30:11 3,663 posts
    Seen 16 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Americanism isn't it? Another wonderful example of our language just becoming a mish-mash thanks to technology bringing the world together.

One day it will be like blade runner :)
  • ZuluHero 25 Aug 2013 10:34:33 3,663 posts
    Seen 16 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    elstoof wrote:
    Conversely i work in a large office and to combat this people put a clean communal spoon in the sugar. Problem is, it gets buried in the sugar and ive seen people come straight from the toilet..NOT washing their hands, and proceed to dig in the sugar with their hand...

Id rather have a few clumps of wet sugar and coffee granules than e-coli or hep-a thanks!

Edited by ZuluHero at 10:36:31 25-08-2013
  • OptimusPube 25 Aug 2013 10:37:37 2,412 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    ZuluHero wrote:
    Americanism isn't it? Another wonderful example of our language just becoming a mish-mash thanks to technology bringing the world together.

One day it will be like blade runner :)
    Yeah I forgot to put American posters in their somewhere, not sure if Canadians do the same.

• OptimusPube 25 Aug 2013 10:39:13 2,412 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    ZuluHero wrote:
    elstoof wrote:
    Conversely i work in a large office and to combat this people put a clean communal spoon in the sugar. Problem is, it gets buried in the sugar and ive seen people come straight from the toilet..NOT washing their hands, and proceed to dig in the sugar with their hand...

Id rather have a few clumps of wet sugar and coffee granules than e-coli or hep-a thanks!
    How about this, sachets, problem solved.

• ZuluHero 25 Aug 2013 10:42:40 3,663 posts
    Seen 16 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Thats a good idea.

i actually have my own pot of sugar which makes people think im being a bit snobby, but i havent had a sick day in years, so i know who's winning ;)
  • Carlo 25 Aug 2013 10:42:58 17,913 posts
    Seen 14 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Children's adverts selling some junk (latest being the Fill a bear bollocks) with a line "Thanks mum!" from the kid.

Err, what about Dad you cunts? Yeah, he doesn't pay for anything does he!

Boycotted.

PSN ID: Djini

• mrpon 25 Aug 2013 10:46:00 27,645 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    @ZuluHero at least you know it's your pube when you find one.

Hopefully.

Give yourself 5 or gig, you're worth it.

• elstoof 25 Aug 2013 10:46:03 6,138 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    People who put sugar in their coffee. Have a soft drink if you didn't get enough sugar in your elevenses chocolate bar you fat fucks and don't tarnish what little taste your instant ersatz espresso has left.
  • elstoof 25 Aug 2013 10:46:59 6,138 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    People who don't drink espresso.
  • Maturin 25 Aug 2013 10:48:12 2,732 posts
    Seen 16 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    On a similar theme, when was it decided that blokes can be shown as complete idiots in adverts, especially dads. If there's a family in an advert you can guarantee half the time the big joke will be on how useless the dad is.

Thanks a fucking bunch advertising industry. It's a wonder us single dads (as I was for a while) didn't set the house on fire and manage to kill our family with stupidity.
  • elstoof 25 Aug 2013 10:48:21 6,138 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    People who do drink espresso, but only once they've had milk or milk/chocolate or milk/chocolate/vanilla syrup/whipped cream/100s&1000s added.
  • RichieTenenbaum 25 Aug 2013 10:50:45 2,157 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    FuzzyDuck wrote:
    Oh, I mentioned this on another forum recently but when people say "I love music, I listen to everything!".

That ""everything" turns out to mean they own a Club Hits 2K13 album, two Britney Spears singles, and they once heard the Foo Fighters in their mate's car :rolleyes:
    yesssss
  • Punctum 25 Aug 2013 10:51:16 847 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 8 months ago
    Iain Lee
  • FuzzyDuck 25 Aug 2013 10:51:35 3,543 posts
    Seen 36 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Yeah there's a weird prevalence of "women = great, men = boooo!" these days.

And you can't say that to most people because then you're being sexist.
  • FuzzyDuck 25 Aug 2013 10:54:25 3,543 posts
    Seen 36 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    RichieTenenbaum wrote:
    FuzzyDuck wrote:
    Oh, I mentioned this on another forum recently but when people say "I love music, I listen to everything!".

That ""everything" turns out to mean they own a Club Hits 2K13 album, two Britney Spears singles, and they once heard the Foo Fighters in their mate's car :rolleyes:
    yesssss
    Our numbers are growing...

Honestly though, it's like me saying "I loooooveeeee flying!", when in fact I've set foot on a plane twice in my life.
  • ZuluHero 25 Aug 2013 10:54:38 3,663 posts
    Seen 16 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    mrpon wrote:
    @ZuluHero at least you know it's your pube when you find one.

Hopefully.
    Haha, well quite :)
  • OptimusPube 25 Aug 2013 10:56:38 2,412 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Do they still do that thing in nightclubs where women get in free, not been clubbing in years?

That used to piss me off.

• RichieTenenbaum 25 Aug 2013 11:00:23 2,157 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    ZuluHero wrote:
    @FuzzyDuck i listen to everything from my little pony to turisas. Though as ive gotten older i can't listen to some stuff anymore. It just sounds like angry noise.

On the subject of things that annoy me..bloody kids walking around listening to music on their phone. I don't know how they enjoy it, it just sounds like tinny noise.

And whats with leaving stickers on the peak of their caps? i don't get it!!

GET OFF MY LAWN. Mumble, mumble...
    I've been guilty of this. The stickers don't peel off when you buy them!
  • DUFFMAN5 25 Aug 2013 11:02:03 13,806 posts
    Seen 28 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    OptimusPube wrote:
    Do they still do that thing in nightclubs where women get in free, not been clubbing in years?

But women for the most part are lovely and have tits for our viewing pleasure, they deserve to get in free.
    :)

Edited by DUFFMAN5 at 11:03:34 25-08-2013

"Duffman is thrusting in the direction of the problem! Oh, yeah!"

• GuiltySpark 25 Aug 2013 11:02:17 6,280 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    OptimusPube wrote:

Don't you like women in the clubs you frequent? Gay pride indeed.

Get bent.

• RichieTenenbaum 25 Aug 2013 11:03:55 2,157 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    mowgli wrote:
    OptimusPube wrote:
    A personal one for me is gay pride, who gives a fuck about your sexual orientation.

There was one in my local city a few weeks back and it annoyed the fuck out of me.
    Seriously, gay pride annoys you? Do you just not like civil right marches or is this one just too colourful for your tastes.
    My best (lesbian) friend despises gay pride. She keeps going on about how it's a corruption of it's original political purpose and is now a big party in her words 'for faggots'.

I think she might hate gay men, though.
  • Page

of 29 First / Last