Stupid things that annoy you but shouldn't Page 2

  • Page

    of 100 First / Last

  • MrTomFTW Moderator 25 Aug 2013 09:04:00 39,803 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Did he hit a nerve there mowgli? :)

    Follow me on Twitter: @MrTom
    Voted by the community "Best mod" 2011, 2012 and 2013.

  • Kosmoz 25 Aug 2013 09:05:31 7,770 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    @ZuluHero I've been told that the stickers on hats thing is so that it looks like a new hat, so it would appear that you are gangsta enough to buy endless baseball caps.

    Every girl I ever kissed I was thinking of a pro footballer.

  • Phil-McCrack 25 Aug 2013 09:06:11 3,417 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    BTW that Rackhouse Pilfer band are brilliant.

    Danny MacAskill gives me a boner
    Formerly OptimusPube

  • ZuluHero 25 Aug 2013 09:07:14 4,328 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    i've tried watching breaking bad three times and just can't get into it. just because someone doesn't watch or listen to something doesn't mean they are boring or unwilling to try new things or push out of their comfort zone.

    I've got another one: people who make assumptions about others based on subjective, biased and often loaded observations without really knowing what that person has tried or done.
  • joeymoto108 25 Aug 2013 09:07:29 660 posts
    Seen 17 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    FuzzyDuck wrote:
    Oh, I mentioned this on another forum recently but when people say "I love music, I listen to everything!".

    That ""everything" turns out to mean they own a Club Hits 2K13 album, two Britney Spears singles, and they once heard the Foo Fighters in their mate's car :rolleyes:
    This. And the inevitable 'it can't be that good because no ones ever heard of it'. FUCK YOU.

    'Look at you, hacker: a pathetic creature of meat and bone, panting and sweating as you run through my corridors. How can you challenge a perfect, immortal machine?'

  • Deleted user 25 August 2013 09:10:48
    MrTomFTW wrote:
    Did he hit a nerve there mowgli? :)
    Hit a nerve? Hardly I've never seen ncis, and breaking bad is one of my favourite programmes. I have a problem with the notion that people lack taste for not watching what I watch. Or 'branching out'. People have better priorities than that.
  • Phil-McCrack 25 Aug 2013 09:13:26 3,417 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    joeymoto108 wrote:
    FuzzyDuck wrote:
    Oh, I mentioned this on another forum recently but when people say "I love music, I listen to everything!".

    That ""everything" turns out to mean they own a Club Hits 2K13 album, two Britney Spears singles, and they once heard the Foo Fighters in their mate's car :rolleyes:
    This. And the inevitable 'it can't be that good because no ones ever heard of it'. FUCK YOU.
    Oh god that grinds my gears so much, I've never heard of them so they must be shit, grrrrrrrrrr.

    You know once, many years ago just as they were starting out U2 had never been heard of before either you dumb shit, there's hundreds of thousands of amazing bands out there that never hit the big time, doesn't mean they're shit.

    Danny MacAskill gives me a boner
    Formerly OptimusPube

  • Deleted user 25 August 2013 09:17:46
    As stupid as saying 'I've never heard of them so they must be shit' (luckily never heard that said myself), again some people are happy with what they like. They don't have the time, patience or resources to explore new music. They have stuff they like, and they listen to it, that puts them ahead of some people already.
  • Phil-McCrack 25 Aug 2013 09:17:48 3,417 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    A personal one for me is gay pride, who gives a fuck about your sexual orientation.

    There was one in my local city a few weeks back and it annoyed the fuck out of me.

    Danny MacAskill gives me a boner
    Formerly OptimusPube

  • PeacockDreams 25 Aug 2013 09:18:13 202 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    RichieTenenbaum wrote:
    Clique is pronounced cleek (as in geek), not click

    I think the English cleek will die out as more and more English kids say click after hearing the word on American TV.

    For some reason this saddens me and annoys the hell out of me when I hear it. It shouldn't. It's just a little thing.

    'I could care less' also makes my blood boil despite the fact it's just a phrase and I should get used to it and stop being so uptight but the raaaaaagggggeeeee.

    Are there any things that annoy you, but intellectually you know you shouldn't be annoyed by them?
    I have never ever heard anyone say 'I could care less'

    Are you getting mixed up with 'I couldn't care less' which as a statement does make sense?

    Anyway, on topic, Mouthbreathers annoy me, people who breath through there mouth, really loudly, right.....next.....to you.
  • Deleted user 25 August 2013 09:19:52
    OptimusPube wrote:
    A personal one for me is gay pride, who gives a fuck about your sexual orientation.

    There was one in my local city a few weeks back and it annoyed the fuck out of me.
    Seriously, gay pride annoys you? Do you just not like civil right marches or is this one just too colourful for your tastes.
  • iancognito 25 Aug 2013 09:21:48 1,731 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Oh yes, those young people listening to music on mobile phone speakers in public. Grrrr.

    Wrong number phone calls where they say "Can I speak to Steve?" and you reply "There's no Steve here, you've got the wrong number" then they ask "who's that then?"

    It's such a stupid question. Does it matter who I am? If I tell them my name does that suddenly make it all clear and they can now understand it's not Steve?
  • jonsaan 25 Aug 2013 09:22:29 25,440 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    @twelveways no, that's wrong. Do you therefore say, for example, the N 'Heightch' S.

    When I was a lad that was the uneducated version of it. Times have changed and it upsets me :)

    FCUTA!

  • Kosmoz 25 Aug 2013 09:23:00 7,770 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    mowgli wrote:
    OptimusPube wrote:
    A personal one for me is gay pride, who gives a fuck about your sexual orientation.

    There was one in my local city a few weeks back and it annoyed the fuck out of me.
    Seriously, gay pride annoys you? Do you just not like civil right marches or is this one just too colourful for your tastes.
    Imagine the outrage if we had a straight pride. And we had straight clubs.

    Every girl I ever kissed I was thinking of a pro footballer.

  • GuiltySpark 25 Aug 2013 09:24:17 6,469 posts
    Seen 45 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    mowgli wrote:
    MrTomFTW wrote:
    Did he hit a nerve there mowgli? :)
    Hit a nerve? Hardly I've never seen ncis, and breaking bad is one of my favourite programmes. I have a problem with the notion that people lack taste for not watching what I watch. Or 'branching out'. People have better priorities than that.
    Like being on a gaming forum at 9am? Those busy, busy people.

    Edited by GuiltySpark at 09:24:33 25-08-2013

    Get bent.

  • iancognito 25 Aug 2013 09:25:35 1,731 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Gay pride probably exists because a lot of people are very interested in the sexual orientation of others.
  • GuiltySpark 25 Aug 2013 09:26:24 6,469 posts
    Seen 45 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    I was about to suggest "thinking people who actively disagree with posts in a thread about irrational annoyances are idiots", but really, it's definitely annoying.

    Get bent.

  • jonsaan 25 Aug 2013 09:26:41 25,440 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Kosmoz wrote:
    mowgli wrote:
    OptimusPube wrote:
    A personal one for me is gay pride, who gives a fuck about your sexual orientation.

    There was one in my local city a few weeks back and it annoyed the fuck out of me.
    Seriously, gay pride annoys you? Do you just not like civil right marches or is this one just too colourful for your tastes.
    Imagine the outrage if we had a straight pride. And we had straight clubs.
    It doesn't annoy me but I sort of see the angle Kozmos is coming from.

    The assumption that one gives a fuck what your sexual orientation is. Most don't. live and let live.

    Unless of course, you are unlucky enough to live somewhere where you can't be yourself.

    Edited by jonsaan at 09:27:30 25-08-2013

    Edited by jonsaan at 09:30:33 25-08-2013

    FCUTA!

  • Deleted user 25 August 2013 09:27:29
    This is an Edinburgh thing I think but I hate pronouncing J as j-i. Took my ages to figure out what the he'll people were talking about when they said j-i.
  • Deleted user 25 August 2013 09:28:41
    GuiltySpark wrote:
    mowgli wrote:
    MrTomFTW wrote:
    Did he hit a nerve there mowgli? :)
    Hit a nerve? Hardly I've never seen ncis, and breaking bad is one of my favourite programmes. I have a problem with the notion that people lack taste for not watching what I watch. Or 'branching out'. People have better priorities than that.
    Like being on a gaming forum at 9am? Those busy, busy people.
    Not us, hence better people. You really are struggling here.
  • ZuluHero 25 Aug 2013 09:30:32 4,328 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Its more a celebration of your sexuality than a civil rights march these days? That being the case I can sort of see his point, we don't have a straight pride march (do we?) for instance.

    like roy from the IT Crowd says, i'm perfectly happy with my sexuality, i just don't want to be slapped in the face with thier sexuality.

    ;)
  • Phil-McCrack 25 Aug 2013 09:32:09 3,417 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    You seem to have a bit of free time Mowgs, why don't you go and broaden your musical tastes? ;)

    Danny MacAskill gives me a boner
    Formerly OptimusPube

  • Phil-McCrack 25 Aug 2013 09:35:16 3,417 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    ZuluHero wrote:
    Its more a celebration of your sexuality than a civil rights march these days? That being the case I can sort of see his point, we don't have a straight pride march (do we?) for instance.

    like roy from the IT Crowd says, i'm perfectly happy with my sexuality, i just don't want to be slapped in the face with thier sexuality.

    ;)
    Exactly, live and let live, but come on... please.

    Danny MacAskill gives me a boner
    Formerly OptimusPube

  • Deleted user 25 August 2013 09:35:43
    I'm sure I have broader musical tastes than you optimus, I just don't judge people that don't. Also, it is Sunday morning. Free time on a Sunday morning is hardly something to feel bad about.
  • Phil-McCrack 25 Aug 2013 09:39:37 3,417 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    You maybe do, I'm not judging you.

    Danny MacAskill gives me a boner
    Formerly OptimusPube

  • twelveways 25 Aug 2013 09:43:15 4,197 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    The fact that I always spell 'separate' as 'seperate'.
  • TVoJ 25 Aug 2013 09:44:31 2,041 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Help for heroes really gets my goat.

    Now I'm all for looking after our injured servicemen and women but the assumption that if you're in the armed forces you're automatically a hero is a load of shit!

    What about all the guys found guilty of torturing innocent civilians whilst on "peacekeeping" operations I ask?

    "They're putting their lives on the line for the country tho!"

    No they joined the army to kill rag 'eds.

    Also there shouldn't even be a charity for it. We pay taxes that can then go towards the defence budget. Injured soldier care should be covered by this.

    Its not so much the charity, I'm sure they're great guys, just the ethos around  them and the fact that we've already paid for the services they'll provide.

    If we call our soldiers heroes, what do we call a soldier who has done something actually heroic?
    The value of the word "hero" has diminished considerably.

    Its a joke.
  • Mola_Ram 25 Aug 2013 09:48:03 8,325 posts
    Seen 35 minutes ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Calling sportspeople heroes rankles a bit more with me. At least soldiers are putting their lives on the line, even if the wars they're fighting might be a bit dodgy.
  • Page

    of 100 First / Last

Log in or register to reply