Stupid things that annoy you but shouldn't Page 9

• Page

of 77 First / Last

• OptimusPube 27 Aug 2013 20:29:11 2,914 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Dog walkers, to be more specific, a public lane that is shared by pedestrians and cyclists where dog walkers have their dog not on a lead and do not take control of their dog when a cyclist wants to pass, it happens to me way to often and it's starting to irritate.

I'm a careful cyclist that slows right down to a walking pace when passing pedestrians, but it is annoying when you do the do I go left or do I go right to get around this dog, then you start to wobble all because the person couldn't think to grab their dog by the collar and slightly step aside to let you pass safely, when it's a wide lane it's not so bad but on narrow lanes it's a real grrrr moment.

You better watch out.
    You better beware.
    Albert said E=MC²

• RyanDS 27 Aug 2013 20:35:54 9,070 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Cyclists.

As a commuter through Surrey on a mixture of backroads and dual carriageways I fucking hate cyclists.

On the main roads you are doing 60 and the cunts are hogging the slow lane* doing 20 which is just dangerous. On the backroads they are doing 20, and you are stuck and just can't overtake. And inevitably someone gets annoyed and tries to overtake in a dangerous bit and you nearly have a head on collision. The amount of times I have been on one particular road (near Fannys Farm near Redhill) and nearly had a head on where someone is overtaking a cyclist is just scary.

And since the fucking olympics they have spawned everywhere in their tight fitting dayglo uniforms.

Cunts. #IPayRoadTax

*To pre-empt I hate people who say "It is not a slow / fast lane...

Edited by RyanDS at 20:36:35 27-08-2013
  • ronuds 27 Aug 2013 20:36:59 21,788 posts
    Seen 11 months ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Since becoming a dog owner, I've noticed that other owners can be quite annoying... like parents. They think everyone likes dogs because they do.

They couldn't be more wrong!
  • wobbly_Bob 27 Aug 2013 20:46:26 1,634 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Goodfella wrote:
    @wobbly_Bob

I hate that they promote it as a healthy thing to have for breakfast.

It's shit, it's just sugar and as you say it's basically a biscuit and it doesn't remotely fill you up, and they contain lots of calories.
    Exactly! I'm so relieved it's not just me. As you say they have loads of calories. A Mars bar has less. I can't believe people are falling for it and believe it's healthy. It's a biscuit! It's not a healthy breakfast it's a sodding pack of biscuits.
  • RyanDS 27 Aug 2013 20:53:35 9,070 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    The road tax thing was a deliberate joke about that idiot woman who knocked over a cyclist...
  • cheeky_prawnking 27 Aug 2013 20:59:15 4,281 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Cyclists who ignore the rules of the road are a menace.
  • Deleted user 27 August 2013 21:00:45
    Skype - the stupid little icon that bounces up and down in the lower right of the screen to let the user know there's a message waiting.
  • Deleted user 27 August 2013 21:02:58
    cheeky_prawnking wrote:
    Cyclists, their very existence. They bug me when I'm walking along the pavement, they bug me when i'm driving my car.
  • cheeky_prawnking 27 Aug 2013 21:23:16 4,281 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    It does but having seen one go through a red light and nearly get taken out by a car and a police van those don't get much sympathy. Like I say those who ignore the rules which is it not to tarnish all with same brush. Same with car drivers some are idiots but not all
  • ED209 27 Aug 2013 21:23:50 505 posts
    Seen 7 months ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Jeremy Iron's suboptimal battery charging regime.

Samantha Janus?

• Deleted user 27 August 2013 21:31:26
    People who use computers connected by wifi that are RIGHT NEXT TO THE ROUTER.
  • cheeky_prawnking 27 Aug 2013 21:32:16 4,281 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    No Thursday morning was going through London at rush hour, the amount of cyclists was unreal. Looked like the tour de France, you really do need eyes in the back of your head.
  • ibenam 27 Aug 2013 21:36:04 1,352 posts
    Seen 13 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    meme wrote:
    People who use computers connected by wifi that are RIGHT NEXT TO THE ROUTER.
    \o
  • OptimusPube 27 Aug 2013 21:38:48 2,914 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    cheeky_prawnking wrote:
    I heartily agree, they give the rest of us a bad name.

You better watch out.
    You better beware.
    Albert said E=MC²

• oceanmotion 27 Aug 2013 21:40:56 15,673 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Worse thing about drivers is they assume they can take a chance with cyclists, getting past them or pulling out in front. Kinda fucks it up for everyone. Impatience is dangerous on the road.

The sound of clashing dishes or pots bugs me.
  • cheeky_prawnking 27 Aug 2013 21:45:33 4,281 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Saw a driver the other day take a chance on a duel carriageway, going across it not with it. Went round the back of a van into oncoming traffic and bang.

Height of stupidity
  • RockyMotion 27 Aug 2013 21:59:45 2,713 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Excluding the "shouldn't annoy me" part: parents who can't (or won't) keep their kids under control, especially in places like planes, buses, movie theatres, waiting rooms, etc.

The last time I took a flight there was a kid right behind my seat, between 3 and 5 years old, who was incredibly loud when he talked. He seriously shouted his sentences instead of speaking normally. And his father just spurred him on instead of quieting him down.

That kid didn't shut his mouth once in the 3 hours that it took to get from Portugal to Belgium. Little shit.
  • cheeky_prawnking 27 Aug 2013 22:06:09 4,281 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Kids on trains who are not controlled. It isn't a fucking playground. I tripped one up once.
  • jonsaan 27 Aug 2013 22:09:55 25,326 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Goodfella wrote:
    Drivers who think they own the road and exclaim that cyclists should pay road tax. *glares at RyanDS*

Educate yourself morons, road tax was abolished in 1937. You don't pay for the upkeep of roads, you pay VEH (Vehicle Emissions Tax) based on the vehicle you drive.

Cyclists have just as much right to be on the road as anyone else seeing as upkeep of the roads is paid for out of income tax.

PS: I am not a cyclist.
    Surely that should be VET then, not VEH?

FCUTA!

• oceanmotion 27 Aug 2013 22:24:46 15,673 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    People that turn round at weddings to see what child or baby is making noise during speeches or the ceremony.

Do you want them smothered?

Stop being judgmental pricks. Give them a chance to quiet down and if they don't, parents take them out as always. You haven't really missed much anyway.
  • Kosmoz 27 Aug 2013 22:52:53 7,600 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    jonsaan wrote:
    Goodfella wrote:
    Drivers who think they own the road and exclaim that cyclists should pay road tax. *glares at RyanDS*

Educate yourself morons, road tax was abolished in 1937. You don't pay for the upkeep of roads, you pay VEH (Vehicle Emissions Tax) based on the vehicle you drive.

Cyclists have just as much right to be on the road as anyone else seeing as upkeep of the roads is paid for out of income tax.

PS: I am not a cyclist.
    Surely that should be VET then, not VEH?
    It's actually VED, and stands for Vehicle Exercise Duty.

Every girl I ever kissed I was thinking of a pro footballer.

• CharlieStCloud 27 Aug 2013 23:03:03 5,110 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Drivers who do not indicate.

... my ten mile journey to work on a bicycle would be a lot more joyful if they indicate.

Cyclists who go through red lights or continue their journey by going on the path.

... the laws of the road STILL apply to you you daft sods!
  • drhcnip 27 Aug 2013 23:04:44 2,452 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    vehicle excise duty......;)

can sympathise with most stuff posted....one particular bugbear though is people going the wrong way around one way car parks...and those who drive across one parking space into the one in front of it, usually when im turning into it....twats....
  • IMO 27 Aug 2013 23:17:46 5,584 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Drivers who attempt to cut into long lines of traffic at the last possible second. I don't usually wish death on anyone but...
  • chasejamie 27 Aug 2013 23:28:12 813 posts
    Seen 37 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I work in retail, and people who try and enter their card pin on the reader as quick as possible and fail miserably.
  • Page

of 77 First / Last