NBA games

• Page

of 1

Previous Next
  • curtlikesmeat 22 Aug 2013 21:21:26 128 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Hey all,

Just been looking at some launch lineup videos for the new consoles and I'm thinking about buying an NBA game this year. It's been about 20 years since I played an NBA game (probably NBA Jam on the Megadrive) and probably 15 years since I've actually known anything about who the main players in basketball are these days, but the videos I've seen looked quite good.

Is anyone into basketball games? Which is the better of the two franchises?

I usually buy Pro Evo but I might not bother this year and I've just got bored of Fifa (the main thing I dislike in FIFA is the fact that there's always an easiest 'way' to score, which once you find you can't help but exploit all the time - so a basketball game without this would be excellent).

Cheers!
  • dnbuk 22 Aug 2013 22:28:04 4,952 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    2K all the way.
  • ronuds 22 Aug 2013 22:31:03 21,788 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Which platform? I think 2k is your only option on the 360 or PS3.

2k is great, though.
  • FuzzyDuck 23 Aug 2013 04:14:10 4,208 posts
    Seen 27 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    I was about to say "NBA Jam, 20 years? Are you mad?!", but yep it's about that alright, unbelievable!

Been curious to try one of the 2K basketball games myself, is there any year in particular worth going for? Seen 2K13 cheap recently but was put off by the spiel about Jay-Z on it - I dislike hip hop and the associated culture even more so.
  • curtlikesmeat 23 Aug 2013 04:29:54 128 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Yeah likewise. Just interested in a decent game really, not the whole circus surrounding it.

Also, I'd like to be able to play as classic players like Jordan, Bird etc as I don't know any of the players now (although I assume Bryant is still playing).
  • Dombat 23 Aug 2013 07:13:38 267 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Yeah Bryant is still around, at the Lakers still who aren't great at the moment.

2K will almost certainly be the better game, and it has so many options and such deep game modes that it can last a while if you really get into it.

You might wanna wait for reviews just in case NBA Live is good and appeals more.
  • y2rich 23 Aug 2013 07:32:10 1,390 posts
    Seen 4 days ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    2K has dominated so much in recent years that EA canned their last attempt near the end of development. I think it'll take them a couple of years to catch up again now so Im sticking with 2K. Second best sports game out there behind MLB.
  • curtlikesmeat 24 Aug 2013 18:06:29 128 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Thanks guys, will probably give 2K a try but will wait for reviews just in case.
  • Page

of 1

Previous Next