Is EG banned on NeoGaf yet? Page 2

• Page

of 4 First / Last

• oconnomiyaki 31 Jul 2013 09:16:06 245 posts
    Seen 10 months ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    I honestly can't read NeoGAF for more than 30 seconds. Everyone there is so precious and takes gaming way too seriously.
  • Load_2.0 31 Jul 2013 09:19:20 19,303 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    I don't know what any of this means but I can tell you that I am VERY upset about it.

I demand to be unbanned from Neo Geo now.
  • Armoured_Bear 31 Jul 2013 09:42:55 11,284 posts
    Seen 3 minutes ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Their delusions of self importance is utterly cringeworthy as is their looking down on "juniors", great place for info though.

XBL : ecosse011172
    PSN : ecosse_011172
    NNID : armoured_bear

• Deleted user 31 July 2013 10:02:55
    Armoured_Bear wrote:
    Their delusions of self importance is utterly cringeworthy as is their looking down on "juniors", great place for info though.
    :)
  • cubbymoore 31 Jul 2013 10:04:10 36,496 posts
    Seen 60 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    They're not the only one looking down on "juniors".
  • Deleted user 31 July 2013 10:06:57
    Neo gaf should be banned from the internet. Its a cess pit of piss and everything wrong with this industry. I still can't but help go there daily to have a read though ;)
  • Duffking 31 Jul 2013 10:07:11 7,267 posts
    Seen 6 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    "NeoGAF is the best and most knowledgeable gaming site/forum on the internet"

-NeoGAF
  • aros 31 Jul 2013 10:12:34 2,886 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Whizzo wrote:
    The recent Digital Foundry articles have been abysmal.

edit:it's too early in the morning
    They all have for months, dating right back to their quasi-review in a technical analysis jumper of Soul Sacrifice. God of War Ascension was the last article I enjoyed.

It's just fanboy bait now and isn't even worth the time it takes to read it - their 'analysis' of the technical aspects of E3 trailers was a new low even for EG.
  • ubergine 31 Jul 2013 10:12:51 2,401 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    I've never looked at neogaf in my life. I thought it was a Nintendo fan site of some kind.

http://www.youtube.com/user/ubergine

• convercide 31 Jul 2013 10:18:34 6,034 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I've perused it a couple of times but the layout just seems too cluttered and the threads are all over the place. Plus they seem to wield a banhammer with almost as much viciousness as the Dnepropetrovsk maniacs.

If you can read this, you don't need glasses.

• mcmonkeyplc 31 Jul 2013 10:46:00 39,458 posts
    Seen 22 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    EG has been verging on tabloid for a long time now :(

Come and get it cumslingers!

• FuzzyDuck 31 Jul 2013 10:48:17 4,145 posts
    Seen 13 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    The few times I've looked at Gaf I just got the impression that they all need to get out a bit more.
  • TarickStonefire 31 Jul 2013 11:39:05 3,107 posts
    Seen 3 days ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Haha, I stuck my head in a couple of neogaf threads for the very first time last month after finally having curiosity about who they all were - all I hear about Neogaf is that shitstorms seem to kick up over there all the time, and they get very ban-happy.

I didn't see a single reason to ever want to go there ever unless the only thing that makes you happy is sitting in your room on an Internet forum ferociously arguing about shit that simply doesn't matter, mostly between the sorts of twats that would send rape threats to female game developers on Twitter, with only a few stand-outs that seemed to have some semblance on common sense that probably should just give up on Neogaf and bugger off to an altogether more mature forum for their arguments about videogames, like this one... ;)

Any Netflix library in the world for a couple of quid a month? Gimme!

• Psychotext 31 Jul 2013 11:53:02 54,240 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I don't really follow the articles so much these days. What was wrong with the PS4 ram one? Did they fuck something up?
  • oceanmotion 31 Jul 2013 11:53:55 15,959 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    That handytips rumour about a cheaper Xbox One launch price getting over 20 pages says it all. Less of that nonsense and it would clean the place up.

Neogaf is good for breaking news and lots of content but it does move fast so you do miss stuff. When there isn't much to read elsewhere always worth a look.
  • JohnnyIsTruant 31 Jul 2013 12:38:03 57 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Ohhhh a site war! I'd ask if /v/ would be likely to become enraged with EG next but /v/ are enraged with everything.
  • MrTomFTW Moderator 31 Jul 2013 13:10:56 38,281 posts
    Seen 4 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Psychotext wrote:
    I don't really follow the articles so much these days. What was wrong with the PS4 ram one? Did they fuck something up?
    We don't know for sure that's the thing. Digital Foundry's "sources inside Sony" say that there's 5.5GB of RAM available for games on the PS4 due to the OS, whereas "unbanned posters" on GAF are saying the OS only takes up 1-2GB of the 8GB RAM available. Sony released a statement not actually denying that DF are right and somehow this means the EG and DF are TEH DEBIL!

Follow me on Twitter: @MrTom
    Voted by the community "Best mod" 2011, 2012 and 2013.

• Dizzy 31 Jul 2013 13:21:32 2,704 posts
    Seen 8 minutes ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Yeah it was pretty funny.

The Sony circle-jerk on NeoGaf is a sight to behold.

Anyway... I don't think DF would release this info if it was total bullshit... so the gaffers reaction was awesome IMHO.

"I will believe it when Sony confirms this!!!!"
    (yet anything X1 is automatically assumed as true)

Edited by Dizzy at 13:22:29 31-07-2013
  • ronuds 31 Jul 2013 13:24:21 21,788 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I check GAF out from time to time because once in a while they'll have some breaking news before everyone else. I try not to read any of the actual comments, because for the most part it's like a bunch of 12 year olds arguing over who makes the best peanut butter and jelly sandwich.

I enjoyed their discussion about the recent Phil Fish debacle, though, and how most of them acted as if GAF members were somehow above treating game makers poorly, when in reality I think most people assume it was their members who caused him to quit. :p
  • Tonka 31 Jul 2013 13:40:39 20,458 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    nickthegun wrote:
    JinTypeNoir wrote:
    Err, no. Why do you ask?
    X
    I thought you were banned for threatening to kill someone.
    That was me

If you can read this you really need to fiddle with your forum settings.

• Feanor 31 Jul 2013 13:51:30 14,167 posts
    Seen 31 minutes ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    The threads about Bioshock Infinite's DLC yesterday were based on Eurogamer's stories and contained links to those stories.

The level of gaming discussion is more childish on EG than it is on GAF, especially in the comments here. At least on GAF people who get caught astroturfing get permabanned.
  • Moot_Point 31 Jul 2013 13:54:40 4,117 posts
    Seen 46 minutes ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    mcmonkeyplc wrote:
    EG has been verging on tabloid for a long time now :(
    I lol'd for many reasons! :D

================================================================================

mowgli wrote: I thought the 1 married the .2 and founded Islam?

• Dizzy 31 Jul 2013 14:11:29 2,704 posts
    Seen 8 minutes ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Well I learned a new word : astroturfing

TBH people like that always should be permabanned... not really the problem I think. Accusing DF of astroturfing is another thing.
  • King_Edward 31 Jul 2013 14:19:19 11,454 posts
    Seen 3 days ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    I don't know what Astroturfing is.

I don't know how a website can be banned from another website.
  • Aretak 31 Jul 2013 14:22:29 10,355 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Astroturfing is the practice of masking the sponsors of a message (e.g. political, advertising, or public relations) to give the appearance of it coming from a disinterested, grassroots participant. Astroturfing is intended to give the statements the credibility of an independent entity by withholding information about the source's financial connection.
  • Feanor 31 Jul 2013 14:26:54 14,167 posts
    Seen 31 minutes ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    King_Edward wrote:
    I don't know what Astroturfing is.

I don't know how a website can be banned from another website.
    Well, VGChartz is banned on GAF because they make up their numbers. If you link to it the name is replaced by stars and everyone laughs at you for using them as a source. That can't have happened to Eurogamer because (as I said) the Bioshock Infinite DLC stories from yesterday were based on Eurogamer's stories, and the links were there.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=638848
  • bitch_tits_zero_nine 31 Jul 2013 14:33:07 6,652 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    there's too many users on neogaf to track points of view
  • Pinky_Floyd 31 Jul 2013 15:09:29 7,906 posts
    Seen 19 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Feanor wrote:
    The level of gaming discussion is more childish on EG than it is on GAF, especially in the comments here. At least on GAF people who get caught astroturfing get permabanned.
    EG is the most tolerant forum in the world containing the most intolerant assholes I've ever met. It's what makes the place so great.
  • bobdebob 31 Jul 2013 15:26:03 587 posts
    Seen 1 week ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Rumours and some news items are pretty much the only reasons to visit neogaf.

Feanor wrote:
    Who here has been astroturfing?
  • Page

of 4 First / Last