Is EG banned on NeoGaf yet?

  • Page

    of 4 First / Last

    Previous
  • Dizzy 31 Jul 2013 08:14:50 2,443 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Ha! Seems like EG is not mentioned any more on NeoGaf, the self claimed hardcore gaming website that bans everything they do not agree with. Websites banning each other for different opinions... a sign of the fanboy times of today. It is getting worse isn't it?

    Oh damn... I guess I am banned now? ;)
  • Mola_Ram 31 Jul 2013 08:19:16 6,245 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    ?

    Is there some feud that I'm not aware of here?
  • Dizzy 31 Jul 2013 08:20:18 2,443 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    They had a hard time with the DF articles last week and some NG guys came in here saying we should be banned.
  • beastmaster 31 Jul 2013 08:21:57 10,179 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Why should we care?

    The Resident Evil films. I'm one of the reasons they keep making them.

  • nickthegun 31 Jul 2013 08:21:59 55,866 posts
    Seen 51 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    When you say 'some NG guys' you mean 'a lone mental'

    ---------------------------------------------------------
    He totally called it

  • MrTomFTW Moderator 31 Jul 2013 08:22:14 36,283 posts
    Seen 5 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Who gives a fuck?

    I totally called it.
    Follow me on Twitter: @MrTom
    Voted by the community "Best mod" 2011, 2012 and 2013.

  • Mola_Ram 31 Jul 2013 08:22:55 6,245 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Oh right, that guy.
  • graysonavich 31 Jul 2013 08:23:51 6,802 posts
    Seen 16 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Ah yes the "gaf phase" of gaming
  • AaronTurner 31 Jul 2013 08:23:59 7,521 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Are you saying I'm banned from Neigaf? I don't even know what it is :(
  • AaronTurner 31 Jul 2013 08:24:24 7,521 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    We never even got to spend some time together :(
  • cubbymoore 31 Jul 2013 08:24:49 36,441 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Who the what now?
  • Whizzo 31 Jul 2013 08:30:49 42,760 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    The recent Digital Foundry articles have been abysmal.

    edit:it's too early in the morning

    Edited by Whizzo at 08:36:42 31-07-2013

    This space left intentionally blank.

  • Shikasama 31 Jul 2013 08:35:03 6,277 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Is this one of those things where one person that uses something thinks something is important and assumes everyone else on something else he uses thinks the same?
  • nickthegun 31 Jul 2013 08:35:46 55,866 posts
    Seen 51 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    'HAVE been abysmal'. Honestly, we should organise some kind of poster exchange.

    ---------------------------------------------------------
    He totally called it

  • Murbal 31 Jul 2013 08:36:10 21,547 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    @Shikasama I had to read that twice.
  • Shikasama 31 Jul 2013 08:37:35 6,277 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Murbal wrote:
    @Shikasama I had to read that twice.
    Yeah bit of an odd one that
  • Baihu1983 31 Jul 2013 08:39:38 2,838 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Wait they seriously ban websites from being mentioned on GAF?

    Don't actually use the site but now and then see links on other sites because people are laughing at their meltdowns.
  • JinTypeNoir 31 Jul 2013 08:47:42 4,365 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    NeoGAF has had a policy of banning websites that start trouble and spread false information and rumors as fact because it prevents posters from starting threads from that site.

    I totally didn't pay any attention to the brou-ha-ha over the PS4's amount of RAM, because I mean, seriously, who REALLY gives a fuck? But apparently some butthurt Sony fans on NeoGAF did and suggested putting Eurogamer on that list, despite the fact that it was the great Eurogamer article about journalism last year that gave NeoGAF one of its finest hours in the creation of The Dorito Pope.

    Kotaku is not banned on NeoGAF and if that's still allowed, there's no way Eurogamer ever will be.

    Though I do have to say I think Digital Foundry articles are a big waste of time, especially the ones that are like "We looked at the video of this new engine and counted the particles and our conclusion is it can do mad shit, but only if coupled with the power of a Leprechaun who has gotten sick of Mars and settled in Liverpool," but that's neither here nor there.
  • cubbymoore 31 Jul 2013 08:53:04 36,441 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Shikasama wrote:
    Is this one of those things where one person that uses something thinks something is important and assumes everyone else on something else he uses thinks the same?
    Yup. Nothing to see here.
  • nickthegun 31 Jul 2013 08:54:35 55,866 posts
    Seen 51 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    JinTypeNoir wrote:
    NeoGAF has had a policy of banning websites that start trouble and spread false information and rumors as fact because it prevents posters from starting threads from that site.

    I totally didn't pay any attention to the brou-ha-ha over the PS4's amount of RAM, because I mean, seriously, who REALLY gives a fuck? But apparently some butthurt Sony fans on NeoGAF did and suggested putting Eurogamer on that list, despite the fact that it was the great Eurogamer article about journalism last year that gave NeoGAF one of its finest hours in the creation of The Dorito Pope.

    Kotaku is not banned on NeoGAF and if that's still allowed, there's no way Eurogamer ever will be.

    Though I do have to say I think Digital Foundry articles are a big waste of time, especially the ones that are like "We looked at the video of this new engine and counted the particles and our conclusion is it can do mad shit, but only if coupled with the power of a Leprechaun who has gotten sick of Mars and settled in Liverpool," but that's neither here nor there.
    Were you not banned fron GAF?

    ---------------------------------------------------------
    He totally called it

  • JinTypeNoir 31 Jul 2013 08:57:11 4,365 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Err, no. Why do you ask?
  • graysonavich 31 Jul 2013 08:58:22 6,802 posts
    Seen 16 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    The last time I heard "brou-ha-ha" was in an Oxide and Neutrino track
  • mrpon 31 Jul 2013 09:04:26 27,645 posts
    Seen 43 seconds ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    My last time was when HairyArse and HiddenAway came over for a cuppa.

    Give yourself 5 or gig, you're worth it.

  • senso-ji 31 Jul 2013 09:04:41 5,315 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Does this mean EG can't source NeoGaf for some of their news stories anymore?
  • nickthegun 31 Jul 2013 09:08:34 55,866 posts
    Seen 51 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    JinTypeNoir wrote:
    Err, no. Why do you ask?
    I thought you were banned for threatening to kill someone.

    ---------------------------------------------------------
    He totally called it

  • Dizzy 31 Jul 2013 09:08:35 2,443 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    senso-ji wrote:
    Does this mean EG can't source NeoGaf for some of their news stories anymore?
    Errr... no I don't think EG cares :)

    Also "news" stories.
  • BAM! 31 Jul 2013 09:08:39 32 posts
    Seen 17 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Dizzy wrote:
    Ha! Seems like EG is not mentioned any more on NeoGaf, the self claimed hardcore gaming website that bans everything they do not agree with. Websites banning each other for different opinions... a sign of the fanboy times of today. It is getting worse isn't it?

    Oh damn... I guess I am banned now? ;)
    You obviously spend a lot of time there if you notice how often EG is mentioned.
  • graysonavich 31 Jul 2013 09:10:27 6,802 posts
    Seen 16 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Where am I suppose to get my cover art for those unreleased Japfag games now??

    Edited by graysonavich at 09:10:52 31-07-2013
  • Dizzy 31 Jul 2013 09:13:40 2,443 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    BAM! wrote:
    Dizzy wrote:
    Ha! Seems like EG is not mentioned any more on NeoGaf, the self claimed hardcore gaming website that bans everything they do not agree with. Websites banning each other for different opinions... a sign of the fanboy times of today. It is getting worse isn't it?

    Oh damn... I guess I am banned now? ;)
    You obviously spend a lot of time there if you notice how often EG is mentioned.
    Wait... I said EG is NOT mentioned. That doesn't take a lot of time.

    Don't try that reverse psychology on me boy.
  • JinTypeNoir 31 Jul 2013 09:15:54 4,365 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    nickthegun wrote:
    JinTypeNoir wrote:
    Err, no. Why do you ask?
    I thought you were banned for threatening to kill someone.
    Err, no again.

    In other news though, I am coming to England next week for a month. If I end up posting on Eurogamer, your welcome to check my IP again and claim I'm some fraud only claiming to live in Japan again. *rolls eyes*
  • Page

    of 4 First / Last

    Previous
Log in or register to reply