DECROMANCER - NEW BATTLE CARD RPG (by unit9.apps)

• Page

of 1

Previous Next
  • Diplomat_in_training 29 Jul 2013 13:23:43 6 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 1 year ago
    Hi there,
    we're excited to announce Decromancer, a new free-to-play battle card RPG thatís coming to iOS and Android soon!

ABOUT:

The tactical card battling game that puts you at the core of a whirlwind adventure across an epic storyline!

Explore a hand drawn world where almost all species have evolved into a humanoid form. Advance further into enemy territory by challenging and defeating the AI in tactical turn based combat, where formation is key and your cards abilities matter. Unlock and recruit more cards by completing quests and befriending the locals. Learn powerful spells that can turn the tide of battle in order to defeat more powerful enemies and advanced AI commanders.

FEATURES:

- Command forty unique hand-painted cards, each with their own tactical advantages and powers.
    - Explore a large, beautifully illustrated open world.
    - Outmaneuver your opponents in deep turn-based combat, requiring forethought and strategy.
    - Cast powerful spells to turn the tide of battle.
    - Unlock new cards as you progress to supplement and improve your army.

RELEASE:

Game release is planned for September 2013

PLATFORMS:

iOS and Android devices.

BETA-TESTING:

We'll be entering beta in a few weeks, so if you are ready to battle the enemy now, you are welcome to join the front ranks! Here is the link where you can sign-up: Decromancer beta-testing

MORE INFORMATION:

To find out more about the game, visit us here http://decromancer.tumblr.com/, or follow us on Twitter https://twitter.com/TheDecromancer

Edited by Diplomat_in_training at 13:24:25 29-07-2013

diplomat in training
    @TheDecromancer

• BigOrkWaaagh 29 Jul 2013 14:47:38 2,308 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    You had me at Battle Card RPG and lost me at free-to-play.
  • Carlo 29 Jul 2013 15:30:43 18,220 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    midnight_walker wrote:
    You had me at Battle Card RPG and lost me at free-to-play.
    This, basically.

PSN ID: Djini

• Diplomat_in_training 29 Jul 2013 20:38:46 6 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 1 year ago
    I understand your concerns about the free-to-play model when it comes to card games. A large part of why we wanted to make this game in the first place was due to the shallow gameplay and cynical nature of some of the other free-to-play card games out there. I don't think there's any need to mention names.

The main reason we chose to go with free-to-play is simply due to the amount of piracy we've experienced in the past - our paid apps have consistently seen piracy rates of 90%. Obviously with a free-to-play model we are going to be incentivising in-app-purchase, but you can rest assured that the game will not be pay-to-win. Every card in the game will be unlockable without every spending any real money.

The second reason that we chose free-to-play is because we want to roll out a multiplayer mode with our next major update. For this to be worth it we need as many people as possible playing the game so that it's more likely to find people to play against.

We didn't take this decision lightly. We know that free-to-play has a bad reputation among core gamers, but we hope we can help to change that attitude by just delivering a great experience.

diplomat in training
    @TheDecromancer

• Deckard2 29 Jul 2013 20:45:46 3,680 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Time to ban this kind of spam post please
  • BigOrkWaaagh 29 Jul 2013 21:14:29 2,308 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    You're upset that you're not making any money from your games because people are stealing them, and in order to combat that you're making a game that doesn't require anybody to pay you anything? That's baffling. The filth stealing your games are the same people that will just not bother to buy anything in-game and grind it for free forever. They are the sort of people that, even if they aren't stealing, just have their entire displays littered with 'lite' games because they refuse to spend 69p on a game for their £500 phone. I hate those people!

It's disappointing that devs like you are having to think like this, because I love the sound of this game, and I would be ALL OVER it,but I won't touch f2p. Ever. I buy ALL my apps. Even if there's a lite version of a game I really like, that's exactly the same, I'd rather pay for the full version. I'm probably in the minority from what you say though...
  • Diplomat_in_training 29 Jul 2013 22:41:22 6 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 1 year ago
    respect for your attitude towards paying for apps! glad you like the look of the game, sad you don't agree with f2p.

diplomat in training
    @TheDecromancer

• Diplomat_in_training 8 Aug 2013 23:44:38 6 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 1 year ago
    Hi,
    We're working hard on polishing the game before it enters beta on Monday.
    Have you already signed up for the testing? If you haven't, click on the following link: Decromancer: beta-testing.
    We would be happy to have you on board!

In the meantime, check out some new concept art and screenshots from the game:

Let us know what you think!

For more information follow us on Decromancer blog.
    Cheers!

Edited by Diplomat_in_training at 23:45:05 08-08-2013

diplomat in training
    @TheDecromancer

• Diplomat_in_training 4 Nov 2013 22:54:06 6 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 1 year ago
    Hi,

Beta testing has come to an end and Decromancer is heading to the stores with a lot of new content and many cool improvements. None of this would have been possible without our amazing beta-testers - thanks a lot guys!

The game will be available for free on App Store and Google Play.
    Date of release: November 6, 2013 (Wednesday).

FOR MORE INFORMATION FOLLOW US ON: TUMBLR

Youtube: Decromancer - The Battle Card RPG for iOS/Android - Official Trailer

Edited by Diplomat_in_training at 10:37:22 21-11-2013

diplomat in training
    @TheDecromancer

• neilka 4 Nov 2013 23:23:18 16,531 posts
    Seen 28 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I was hoping this would be a game where you could romance user Deckard1 :(

BAAANG!!!!! EXPLOTION!!!!!

• Syrette 4 Nov 2013 23:32:37 44,216 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Shikasama wrote:
    Also, vote seconded for banning this sort of bollocks. Too many of thes e'community manager' types hawking their shit these days.
    Don't like it, don't read it.

• Diplomat_in_training 8 Nov 2013 22:59:00 6 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 1 year ago
    Hi,

Decromancer is finally available worldwide!
    thanks for all the comments along the way.

You can check the game out on: iOS
    and Android

Find out more about Decromancer on TUMBLR

Youtube: Decromancer - The Battle Card RPG for iOS/Android - Official Trailer

Edited by Diplomat_in_training at 10:36:51 21-11-2013

diplomat in training
    @TheDecromancer

• Page

of 1

Previous Next