No sex please, we're British! Page 7

  • Page

    of 9 First / Last

  • Mr-Brett 29 Jul 2013 09:53:50 12,805 posts
    Seen 33 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I propose a filth bin, put all the lads mags and red tops in there. It should be purposely slightly grimy and sticky.

    Level 37 Social Justice Warrior

  • Rhaegyr 29 Jul 2013 10:27:49 1,750 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Let's hope they ban all the ridiculous gossip magazine covers showing how celebrities have lost weight, gained cellulite and achieved size zero too.

    Let's also ban all fitness magazines showing half naked men - we don't want any double standards here. Then we can get onto the real stuff like beaches, music videos, comic books and clothing that rises above the ankle.

    Edited by Rhaegyr at 10:28:17 29-07-2013
  • Mr_Sleep 29 Jul 2013 10:45:04 17,084 posts
    Seen 7 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Rhaegyr wrote:
    Let's hope they ban all the ridiculous gossip magazine covers showing how celebrities have lost weight, gained cellulite and achieved size zero too.

    Let's also ban all fitness magazines showing half naked men - we don't want any double standards here. Then we can get onto the real stuff like beaches, music videos, comic books and clothing that rises above the ankle.
    To be fair, a large amount of music videos do seem to be rape fantasy porn. I am rather weirdly more appalled by music videos than actual pornography. There is something about the objectification in those that is seen as more legitimate.

    You are a factory of sadness.

  • X201 29 Jul 2013 10:46:21 15,491 posts
    Seen 5 seconds ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    nickthegun wrote:
    ...been putting lads mags behind opaque plastic racking...
    Racks behind racks?
  • lavalant 29 Jul 2013 13:46:34 1,322 posts
    Seen 54 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-23486027


    I swear some feminists won't be happy till all men have their balls removed or the entire male population turn gay and are physically disgusted by the site of boobs.

    This woman either hates men or hates sex, it's the only logical explanation Spock.
  • RichieTenenbaum 29 Jul 2013 13:49:26 2,211 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Or is fed up with having sexualised imagery shoved in her face everyday.
  • RedSparrows 29 Jul 2013 13:50:14 22,773 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    RichieTenenbaum wrote:
    Or is fed up with having sexualised imagery shoved in her face everyday.
    FUCKING FEMINISTS.

    I AM A MAN, I AM SO REPRESSED

    WAAAAAAAAA
  • Shikasama 29 Jul 2013 13:51:02 6,843 posts
    Seen 20 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Funny how these women, to proect women, are going to put other women out of a fucking job that they are paid very well for.
  • Shikasama 29 Jul 2013 13:53:59 6,843 posts
    Seen 20 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    lavalant wrote:
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-23486027


    I swear some feminists won't be happy till all men have their balls removed or the entire male population turn gay and are physically disgusted by the site of boobs.

    This woman either hates men or hates sex, it's the only logical explanation Spock.
    Interesting if you watch the video and the fella asks the raging feminist about magazines like Vogue etc

    her answer basically boils down to 'yeah but I like reading those ones'.
  • b0rk 29 Jul 2013 13:55:39 2,726 posts
    Seen 31 seconds ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    RedSparrows wrote:
    RichieTenenbaum wrote:
    Or is fed up with having sexualised imagery shoved in her face everyday.
    FUCKING FEMINISTS.

    I AM A MAN, I AM SO REPRESSED

    WAAAAAAAAA
    Took the blue pill ^
  • kinky_mong 29 Jul 2013 13:57:55 10,302 posts
    Seen 6 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    lavalant wrote:
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-23486027

    Glamour model Natalie Rochford, and Kat Banyard, who represents the Lose the Lads' Mags Campaign
    It's not hard to tell from the image on that page which is which.

    I did see those two on BBC Breakfast this morning and the glamour model made a good (but not eloquent) point that Ann Summers advertising is just as raunchy and is in everyone's faces, but only the most prudish complain.

    All the eurogamers who actually play with each other on xbl rather than just post pseudointellectual pc handwringing bollocks on the forums, love the shit out of biggy.

  • Mr-Brett 29 Jul 2013 13:58:05 12,805 posts
    Seen 33 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    lavalant wrote:
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-23486027


    I swear some feminists won't be happy till all men have their balls removed or the entire male population turn gay and are physically disgusted by the site of boobs.

    This woman either hates men or hates sex, it's the only logical explanation Spock.
    Heh, how is the boilerplate industry treating you?

    Level 37 Social Justice Warrior

  • Kosmoz 29 Jul 2013 13:58:52 7,695 posts
    Seen 15 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Are we going to cover up Men's Health too?

    Every girl I ever kissed I was thinking of a pro footballer.

  • oceanmotion 29 Jul 2013 14:20:16 15,959 posts
    Seen 5 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Mr_Sleep wrote:
    Rhaegyr wrote:
    Let's hope they ban all the ridiculous gossip magazine covers showing how celebrities have lost weight, gained cellulite and achieved size zero too.

    Let's also ban all fitness magazines showing half naked men - we don't want any double standards here. Then we can get onto the real stuff like beaches, music videos, comic books and clothing that rises above the ankle.
    To be fair, a large amount of music videos do seem to be rape fantasy porn. I am rather weirdly more appalled by music videos than actual pornography. There is something about the objectification in those that is seen as more legitimate.
    I think they would be rather shocked if they see what music channels show any hour of the day. Always thought these people are unlikely to pay for those channels so never get a chance to complain about it. Music videos are probably more damaging to young people if they think being a grinding submissive whore is cool, see women as nothing but trophies and extremes to get noticed.

    /now where is my bible.
  • Deleted user 29 July 2013 14:26:47
    Not sure if this is appropriate, but I was back home at my parents a short while ago. Climbed in the loft and found a LOT of porn. Me and my mate pissed ourselves laughing. Miniskirt Munchers look liked a particularly interesting title!
  • Shikasama 29 Jul 2013 14:32:03 6,843 posts
    Seen 20 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Yeah I agree about music videos, a lot have devolved into the harder edge of softcore porn these days.

    Not saying I don't watch em, just think it's a bit much.
  • Chopsen 29 Jul 2013 14:48:06 16,019 posts
    Seen 59 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    There are two issues here.

    One is protecting children. That I agree with. Children are sponges and will absorb anything and everything they are exposed to, and use that to inform what normality is. And I think the music video example is bang on, and far more damaging that having having specific porn websites or whatever. It normalises derogatory behaviour and attitudes in an insidious way which is damaging to their socialisation and moral development.

    What I don't agree it's a problem to be solved by central control. The responsibility should rest with parents. If kids are looking up scat bondage porn or whatever on the internet, then that's failing on the parents imho, and if anybody should be prosecuted it's them. Not the people who produce and distribute it. Don't "understand" the internet? Then don't have it your house you mong. "I can't drive, but I got a car anyway. durr durr durr."

    The second issue is the fact that porn is inherently damaging to women. I don't really buy that. There is some fucking nasty porn out there, and I'm sure a lot of it is very exploitative towards some women who get caught up in it. But ultimately adults are able to make their own decisions about if they want to be involved with the production or consumption of it. To reduce the harm from exploitation, there needs to be help and support for the people who get in to trouble, and investment in policing the exploitation of vulnerable groups (e.g. in trafficking). you're not going to solve any of those problems by censoring and hiding it, hoping it just magically goes away.
  • Leolian 29 Jul 2013 17:13:38 1,085 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    lavalant wrote:
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-23486027


    I swear some feminists won't be happy till all men have their balls removed or the entire male population turn gay and are physically disgusted by the site of boobs.

    This woman either hates men or hates sex, it's the only logical explanation Spock.
    Bit more make up and a bikini and I'd give the feminist one.
  • Folant 29 Jul 2013 18:12:00 1,195 posts
    Seen 4 minutes ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    You know, I'm glad I'm not a parent.
    I keep saying I'd make a great dad, but in reality I'd be horrible. I wouldn't censor my child to sex(within the law), and they obviously grow up very disturbed and get off on the objectification and ownership of women like his old man.

    And that's not even mentioning the violence.

    Thank you, government, for stopping this horror before it happens.

    Posted from my Nexus 4, not using Tapatalk 4.

  • Dougs 29 Jul 2013 18:12:26 67,821 posts
    Seen 21 seconds ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Chopsen wrote:
    There are two issues here.

    One is protecting children. That I agree with. Children are sponges and will absorb anything and everything they are exposed to, and use that to inform what normality is. And I think the music video example is bang on, and far more damaging that having having specific porn websites or whatever. It normalises derogatory behaviour and attitudes in an insidious way which is damaging to their socialisation and moral development.

    What I don't agree it's a problem to be solved by central control. The responsibility should rest with parents. If kids are looking up scat bondage porn or whatever on the internet, then that's failing on the parents imho, and if anybody should be prosecuted it's them. Not the people who produce and distribute it. Don't "understand" the internet? Then don't have it your house you mong. "I can't drive, but I got a car anyway. durr durr durr."

    The second issue is the fact that porn is inherently damaging to women. I don't really buy that. There is some fucking nasty porn out there, and I'm sure a lot of it is very exploitative towards some women who get caught up in it. But ultimately adults are able to make their own decisions about if they want to be involved with the production or consumption of it. To reduce the harm from exploitation, there needs to be help and support for the people who get in to trouble, and investment in policing the exploitation of vulnerable groups (e.g. in trafficking). you're not going to solve any of those problems by censoring and hiding it, hoping it just magically goes away.
    Good post imo. Of course, far too reasonable and not remotely headline making.
  • sega 29 Jul 2013 18:48:26 876 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    The thing is, teenage boys want to see boobs. If Cameron takes away internet porn so they can't access it at home, they'll move to the lads mags. Take away the lad's mags and they'll just go back to traditional adult magazines/DVDs. Only in adult shops? They'll pay an older mate to get them. It's nothing to do with sexism, it's just curiosity at a certain age.

    To a certain extent, I agree with what some of the feminists are doing. I agree about women being featured on bank notes, I agree that threats of rape on Twitter are not acceptable (although it seems to be heading in the direction that disagreements or harmless arguments are now coming into question) but I just don't have a problem with nudity at all.

    It's not different to the current Diet Coke ad where some women shake up a can so it sprays over a man so he has to take his shirt off. I don't think that should be banned and I don't think anything with women taking their clothes off should be banned either. These people (I say people because it includes both sexes) do this willingly and people buy it willingly, so there really shouldn't be a problem. If it's about children being raised wrong then educate them - it's the only way sexism will ever go away.
  • senso-ji 29 Jul 2013 19:09:58 5,916 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    lavalant wrote:
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-23486027


    I swear some feminists won't be happy till all men have their balls removed or the entire male population turn gay and are physically disgusted by the site of boobs.

    This woman either hates men or hates sex, it's the only logical explanation Spock.
    A feisty feminist, a glamour model and Susanna Reid. Charlie Stayt hit the jackpot that morning.
  • DrStrangelove 29 Jul 2013 20:43:13 4,028 posts
    Seen 35 seconds ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Facebook is more harmful to the young than porn, but they don't ban that. Fucking hypocrites.
  • Deleted user 29 July 2013 20:43:46
    Can't be the parents fault, course not! Must be someone else's. lets see who we can blame for our negligent behaviour...

    I doubt this is anything to do with porn anyway. Seems like a way to get their foot in the door in an attempt to control the net in this country.

    Please sign folks: http://epetitions.direct.gov.uk/petitions/51746

    Edited by SG59 at 20:46:54 29-07-2013
  • RichieTenenbaum 29 Jul 2013 21:06:08 2,211 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Thing is, Co Op have a right not to sell things they find undesirable, but they're not even going that far. Everyone knows Zoo contains tits. All they're asking is for them to put it in a baggie so customers don't have to see the stuff if they don't want to.
  • Khanivor 29 Jul 2013 21:16:58 40,795 posts
    Seen 17 minutes ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    The thing about blaming it all on the parents is the problematic fact that young people are just that; people. They are individuals with their own desires and independent capabilities. There's only so much a parent can do

    Of course they should what they can but we have to accept that kids don't always listen.

    /assumes everyone reminiscing about hedge porn wasn't told by their parents to collect em all.
  • SirScratchalot 29 Jul 2013 21:23:35 7,873 posts
    Seen 44 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    @Chopsen
    As a parent, I'd like to tell you that all weapons two people can bring to bear against an industry amounts to very little. While the government filtering the internet is silly a parents control effectively ends once a child is able to independently move out of sight. Then you hope whatever preassures you've installed in their little heads will outweigh the loud voices of their peers and the media. And once again, that does not mean I'm positive towards internet filtering, just that the responsibility of a child never falls entirely only on two people.

    Edited by SirScratchalot at 21:24:00 29-07-2013
  • sweetblackcrow 29 Jul 2013 21:28:38 1 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 1 year ago
    Why would you care about him saying stupid things?
    We all know that blocking porn is almost impossible no matter what he says; even North Koreans watch porn too.
    To me, blocking the porn sounds simliar with catching a unicorn. They are both impossible after all.
    So, why bother this old man saying crappy things?
    I am not a British, so I might not be able to understand what you guys see on him, but in my county, nobody gives a s*** about what our leader says.

    Edited by sweetblackcrow at 21:33:48 29-07-2013
  • Anthony_UK 29 Jul 2013 21:28:55 2,499 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Unfortunately I'm not articulate enough to get my point across as much as I'd like. But I feel the pressure on young people to look a certain way because of gossip mags, music videos, heavily edited magazine shoots even Facebook, has a far more dark and damaging effect on young people, than a bit of boobs or even porn.

    You end up with a generation who didn't realise the Titanic was actually real...

    http://www.buzzfeed.com/networkdeskpeon/15-people-who-didnt-know-the-titanic-actually-53wv?s=mobile

    .... Though at the same time will have elite photoshop skills for editing endless 'seflies' to Facebook and Instagram. I genuinely find it pretty disturbing.
  • Page

    of 9 First / Last

Log in or register to reply