The Luna Cinema

• Page

of 1

Previous Next
  • KayJay 19 Jul 2013 00:05:26 5,288 posts
    Seen 16 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    The Luna Cinema

Going to watch Casablanca @ Ascot Race Course tomorrow evening.
    Very much looking forward to it, firstly because I've never seen Casablanca and second for the novelty! :)

Has anyone else been?
    Love the idea of Gladiator @ Warwick Castle! :)
  • mal 19 Jul 2013 00:43:40 22,571 posts
    Seen 41 minutes ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Sounds cool. Casablanca is a very good film. Sadly nothing I particularly want to see in my neck of the woods.

Cubby didn't know how to turn off sigs!

• KayJay 20 Jul 2013 19:34:13 5,288 posts
    Seen 16 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Well that was excellent!
    The film was just ace! I didn't realise quite how many great lines actually came from it!
    "Here's looking at you kid" :)

Setting and atmosphere was also fantastic. Everyone had picnics, blankets & deck chairs etc. just a really nice evening!

Highly recommended if you want to impress the Mrs! ;)

It seemed to have a couple of sponsors, Haagen Dazs ice cream being one of them. Free ice cream all night! \o/

Also Samsung Smart TV. There were two girls walking around talking to people and we weren't sure what they were doing. They kinda looked like Air Stewardesses. But just before the film started they got up on stage with LED embossed jackets and started interacting with the big screen picture and doing some funky dance moves. I think you had to see it to appreciate it but it was cool and they essentially navigated a SmartTV interface and found Casablanca and pressed play! :)

So yeah, if you see a film you like and the Location isn't to far from you. Do it!

Oh and a little nod to all the Luna Cinema staff. All excellent. The film was a little late in starting and they explained that the Sun hasn't quite dropped enough for optimal viewing. But they kept us up to date and no one really minded, They just popped another cork! :)
  • Page

of 1

Previous Next