avoid Amazon Trade-in

• Page

of 2 First / Last

Previous
  • blackxin0 16 Jul 2013 17:53:30 40 posts
    Seen 3 months ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    sent in Ninja Gaiden 3: Razor's Edge for 17 cash back.
    They did not receieve any item from me. They just took the game for free.

Avoid.

anyone have a good 60gb PS3 (premium) in a good working condition?
    my 40gb which i got preowned is always shutting down:/
  • neilka 16 Jul 2013 17:56:08 16,106 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    DAMN YOU AMAZON TRADE IN

Lastly, I am gay, disabled, and a liberal.

• TheSaint 16 Jul 2013 18:03:31 14,495 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Probably should have got proof of posting like they suggest.
  • cubbymoore 16 Jul 2013 18:07:43 36,497 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    I'd generally avoid it because they offer you absolutely fuck all for everything.
  • kalel 16 Jul 2013 18:13:36 87,933 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Have you considered that it might have actually got lost in the post?

I suspect their business model wouldn't really stand up to much if it was based on making a quick one-off 17 off a few unsuspecting traders before everyone avoids them.

FWIW as with a lot of these things, you'll get best value trading slightly more unusual items. I traded in a load of graphic novels I didn't want anymore and got really good money for them. And amazingly they were totally honest about the whole thing :o
  • Ashleyfiddes 16 Jul 2013 18:20:27 980 posts
    Seen 2 months ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    I also don't think they would get very far if they refunded everyone who turns around and says the 'sent' the item and it was 'lost in the post'
  • ronuds 16 Jul 2013 18:20:27 21,788 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I'm not sure one deal gone wrong should bring a company to its knees.
  • blackxin0 16 Jul 2013 18:26:50 40 posts
    Seen 3 months ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    even though I should have used 1st class, it was my first use of the service and I did my research and found out people are having problems with Amazon Trade In

it was not recommended by them for I should use first class. You only see that in their policy. They should have made it clear when you are about to print off the label.
  • Spectral 16 Jul 2013 18:28:59 4,997 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Anyone with half a brain sends anything of value recorded delivery and insured at least up to the value of what you are sending. It's your responsibility to get it to them not theirs. Just as when you buy something from them it is their responsibility to ensure you receive it

Edited by Spectral at 18:29:28 16-07-2013

Edited by Spectral at 18:30:00 16-07-2013
  • kalel 16 Jul 2013 18:29:24 87,933 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Ashleyfiddes wrote:
    I also don't think they would get very far if they refunded everyone who turns around and says the 'sent' the item and it was 'lost in the post'
    I'm fairly sure they might actually offer some sort of refund. As it happens they're incredibly good with customer service and refunds and such. It's sort of their thing.
  • THFourteen 16 Jul 2013 18:30:46 33,623 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Exactly the same thing happened to me.

Luckily it was only a 9 quid item but that meant I didnt bother with recorded. I think they know that and prey off customers
  • Ashleyfiddes 16 Jul 2013 18:30:54 980 posts
    Seen 2 months ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    @blackxin0 woah, hold up there lassie!!! You didn't even use first class? What was the extra 30p too much. If you are sending anything through the post worth more then the envelope you are sending it in always use recorded!
  • Ashleyfiddes 16 Jul 2013 18:30:54 980 posts
    Seen 2 months ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    @blackxin0 woah, hold up there lassie!!! You didn't even use first class? What was the extra 30p too much. If you are sending anything through the post worth more then the envelope you are sending it in always use recorded!
  • Ashleyfiddes 16 Jul 2013 18:30:55 980 posts
    Seen 2 months ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Double post fun

Edited by Ashleyfiddes at 18:31:25 16-07-2013
  • THFourteen 16 Jul 2013 18:31:12 33,623 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Also it's not amazon its a third party.
  • Tom_Servo 16 Jul 2013 18:31:22 17,990 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Yeah, my one experience with their customer service was impressive. I'd ordered a DVD that had got lost in the post, I phoned up, they sent out another one no questions asked. Really hassle free.
  • kalel 16 Jul 2013 18:31:53 87,933 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    I didn't use recorded when I sent them my comics and it was fine.
  • Vortex808 16 Jul 2013 18:44:30 7,217 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    kalel wrote:
    I didn't use recorded when I sent them my comics and it was fine.
    This. I offloaded a bunch of stuff in a few batches with no issue. Got what they said I would too. They some times offer so little for some titles to not bother trading them all in, but my dealings with them have all been fine.
  • robthehermit 16 Jul 2013 18:45:29 4,091 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    I sent them Dragons Dogma, Arkham City and Arkham Asylum. They all got lost in the post. Customer services gave me the value im vouchers anyway.

GT: robthehermit

Velim esset mundus iustus futuis procul et mori.

• kalel 16 Jul 2013 18:49:36 87,933 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Yes, a little googling reveals that anyone who has had stuff lost has had it refunded in vouchers (which is the effectively what you get for trade ins anyway).
  • Trowel 16 Jul 2013 19:06:14 17,797 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    I've traded in a lot of things with Amazon (after checking their prices weren't magnitudes worse than elsewhere). I can't think of many companies with better customer service than Amazon - no questions asked in my experience.
  • munki83 16 Jul 2013 19:16:02 1,436 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I've had lots of good experiences and only a few bad ones with Amazon. They have extended my prime account by about 4 months due to next day items being late. They have replaced several things that have gone missing in the post as well. I've only dealt with them through email and I have noticed that you can get a lot of lazy emails from them which are obviously just generic emails.
  • Deleted user 16 July 2013 19:28:14
    Tom_Servo wrote:
    Yeah, my one experience with their customer service was impressive. I'd ordered a DVD that had got lost in the post, I phoned up, they sent out another one no questions asked. Really hassle free.
    This. Has happened twice in probably a decade worth of use. They are so good i was pretty honest when those items did eventually turn up i sent them back as they request.
  • RyanDS 16 Jul 2013 19:29:54 9,436 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    The generic emails can be annoying as it feels like they don't give a shit.

However the fact the generic email usually is "Sorry, we will replace for free, no questions asked" more than makes up for it.

Hell, I bought the Entire Star Trek collection from them a couple of years ago, 18 months later one disc in DS9 didn't work. I emailed them just to mention it, (I thought no point really moaning as it was an 18 month old purchase, it just took me that long to work my way through that many episodes) and the reply was "sorry about that, new complete box set in the post, return the old one when you can be bothered."
  • ronuds 16 Jul 2013 19:34:08 21,788 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    This thread has made me want to try trading stuff in even more.

It has had the opposite affect of its intentions.
  • blackxin0 16 Jul 2013 19:37:51 40 posts
    Seen 3 months ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    many who are trying to say "i'm stupid for not sending it first class"

the POINT is, how can 1 who uses the service for the first time have a bad situation? The fact is there's no way to contact Amazon about this.

I used Grainger Games, first service I made sure it got to them. Second service I used it for free and it was not lost.

Even though I am sending it through a Third Party, isn't it Amazon i am dealing with? they are the middle man here.

I just advise you all not to use Amazon Trade IN.
    You get lost price and item may not be safe when sent.

and first class is NOT 30p so please don't troll.
    For the ones defending Amazon Trade-in. Please use their service, i'm sure you'll end up in one of the people with bad customer experience sooner or later:)
  • mal 16 Jul 2013 19:51:31 22,608 posts
    Seen 31 minutes ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    blackxin0 wrote:
    and first class is NOT 30p so please don't troll.
    Quite right. First class for large letter under 100g (which I assume a DVD counts as, though I've not checked) is 21p more expensive than second class, NOT 30p.

Also, FWIW, I've no idea what TH14 means about it being third party either.

Cubby didn't know how to turn off sigs!

• President_Weasel 16 Jul 2013 20:02:27 9,383 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    ronuds wrote:

Interesting. It hasn't affected me at all either way, although my default state is too lazy to trade stuff.
    We should do a survey!
  • ronuds 16 Jul 2013 20:04:36 21,788 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    President_Weasel wrote:
    ronuds wrote:

Interesting. It hasn't affected me at all either way, although my default state is too lazy to trade stuff.
    We should do a survey!
    I only said I wanted to try even more - not that I actually would.

I, too, am of the lazy variety. :p
  • Deleted user 16 July 2013 20:22:30
    i'm going on amazon now to see what i could get for some stuff, with next gen coming, it be kind of nice just to get rid of a few games to clear some space.
  • Page

of 2 First / Last

Previous