RGB Scart cable

• Page

of 1

Previous Next
  • Rushy09 13 Jul 2013 15:11:37 1 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 1 year ago
    Hi all, I've just bought a PS3 so that i am able to play last of us. But when i bought it, it only came with a HDMI cable. So i ordered a RGB Scart Cable online and now when i play the screen is completely green, even for games? I've looked online but I've only seen problems for DVD's? Can anyone help me with this problem?
  • Fake_Blood 13 Jul 2013 16:03:46 4,171 posts
    Seen 9 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    You have mistakenly bought an xbox, the green is normal.
  • PenguinJim 13 Jul 2013 16:45:38 5,836 posts
    Seen 38 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Ridiculous question first: do you have a TV with HDMI that you can use? Then you can change the video settings down from 720P to... 1, or whatever SD was (it was so long ago!).

You could also try video safe mode - hook it all up, and then power on the PS3 by holding down the power button. You should get a first beep, then a second beep after five seconds. At the second beep, release the power button and it should display Stuff.

Maybe.

(I don't actually have a PS3)
  • richardiox 13 Jul 2013 16:57:18 5,584 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    The problem is that it's 2013 and you're still playing games in SD.
  • FuzzyDuck 14 Jul 2013 21:05:12 4,038 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    DarkSpaceDS wrote:
    Whats wrong with playing in SD ?
    Text in some games is impossible to read, it's a whole lot harder to follow what's happening in fast action games, shitty interlaced flickering (murders me with headache), and to top it all off, if you're playing on a PAL PS3, the signal is locked at 50Hz, so lots of games look choppy as fuck. And if the set uses the old 4:3 aspect ratio, there's lots of PS3 games aren't optimised to fit it properly, so you're left with the choice of a stretched image or borders that give the PAL version of Street Fighter 2 a run for their money.
  • kosigan 14 Jul 2013 22:32:18 463 posts
    Seen 17 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    You really want to use HDMI if you can - the difference in picture quality is phenomenal.
  • Deleted user 14 July 2013 22:34:11
    @Rushy09

The (full quality) RGB cable should have a small switch on it somewhere (likely on the SCART connector) to switch between DVD and game mode iirc. Alternatively set the video output to composite 480i (instead of RGB 576i) and the RGB cable should carry the composite signal via less pins of the SCART, like the cheap scart adaptors that take yellow(composite) white/red (audio) jacks and send them to 3 or 4 pins of SCART to the TV(iirc).
  • Page

of 1

Previous Next