Ratchet & Clank : Into The Nexus

• Page

of 1

Previous Next
  • Angry_Man_Dan 11 Jul 2013 02:21:56 169 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    A return to form perhaps, after the disappointing All 4 One & Q-Force? Here's hoping.....http://uk.ign.com/articles/2013/07/11/traditional-ratchet-clank-is-back-with-into-the-nexus

PSN / NNID -Angry_Man_Dan

• Telepathic.Geometry 11 Jul 2013 04:42:34 11,292 posts
    Seen 34 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Cool, this is what I've been waiting for. I'm still holding out hope that they'll patch in trophy support for the first one...

|| PSN Barrysama || NNID Barrysama ||

• Angry_Man_Dan 11 Jul 2013 07:53:53 169 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    @Telepathic.Geometry It would be nice if they did, after they patched in trophy support for Uncharted 1 and Metal Gear Solid 4, Tools of Destruction now stands as the only 'trophyless' game in my collection! Definitely one of the best R&C games, if this can live up to it we're in for a cracking game.

PSN / NNID -Angry_Man_Dan

• danathjo 11 Jul 2013 08:05:50 7,339 posts
    Seen 23 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Would of preferred a bit of a break and then a ps4 version down the line personally
  • Armoured_Bear 11 Jul 2013 08:08:44 10,570 posts
    Seen 36 minutes ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Always happy for more R&C but hoped it was for the PS4.

XBL : ecosse011172
    PSN : ecosse_011172
    NNID : armoured_bear

• FightingMongoose 11 Jul 2013 08:59:07 496 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    A Crack in Time was my first R&C game and it was absolutely majestic. Played Tools of Destruction afterwards. Unfortunately, I believe my ACiT game glitched after I completed it though, so I ended up permanently stuck in a level.
  • CharlieStCloud 11 Jul 2013 09:19:59 5,202 posts
    Seen 3 weeks ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    On one hand, it is nice to know that Sony are still supporting the PlayStation 3 compared to the declining quality of the other console and yet, a part of me cannot help but think:

... another Ratchet & Clank game?

I personally thought A Crack In Time was a perfect way for the series to bow out too!
  • Zizoo 11 Jul 2013 09:21:46 8,277 posts
    Seen 11 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    That's disappointing. Hope it gets a Vita release eventually.
  • Deleted user 11 July 2013 10:50:29
    I was surprised to see another one announced so soon. I'm glad they've gone back to the 'classic' R&C formula.
  • Humperfunk 11 Jul 2013 10:55:01 2,109 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Sounds like it's a Quest in Booty sized game from the article on the front page.

Either way, still great news. Didn't get on with Q-Force at all really but the single player games are some of my favourites (particularly 2, 3 and A Crack in Time) so very pleased they've gone back to that style.

PSN & NNID: Wedjwants

• Flying_Pig 11 Jul 2013 13:19:53 10,884 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    More Ratchet & Clank is a good thing (IMO) - I hope it builds on ACiT, and they ditch the tower defence stuff from (the disappointing) QForce.

My decision to stick with the PS3 for another year is looking more and more like a good one :)
  • Syrette 17 Nov 2013 18:04:13 43,295 posts
    Seen 32 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Has noone bothered or something?

• King_Edward 17 Nov 2013 18:09:31 11,454 posts
    Seen 1 month ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Obviously Insomniac are traitors to Sony and we have no more love for them.

Plus all there games seem to be cack now.
  • TheMayorOfJugs 17 Nov 2013 18:12:10 3,338 posts
    Seen 17 minutes ago
    Registered 1 year ago
    Haha no. Platted it after Friday night and Saturday morn. Short and sweet, if you like R and C you should get it Syrette. Otherwise, it's probably too short unless you can get it cheap.
  • binster 17 Nov 2013 18:35:58 512 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Playing it at the mo. It's exactly what a Ratchet and Clank fan wants. Lovely stuff.
  • Flying_Pig 17 Nov 2013 18:41:25 10,884 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Want this, but no time to play it. I'm sure I'll be able to grab it for under a tenner soon enough :)
  • Syrette 17 Nov 2013 18:47:04 43,295 posts
    Seen 32 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    TheMayorOfJugs wrote:
    Haha no. Platted it after Friday night and Saturday morn. Short and sweet, if you like R and C you should get it Syrette. Otherwise, it's probably too short unless you can get it cheap.
    I bit the bullet and have just bought it off PSN. I've never played Quest of Booty before so having that in the package made the price a lot easier to swallow.

Got nothing else to play at the moment and I quite fancy something not-so-taxing so bought it.

• TheMayorOfJugs 17 Nov 2013 18:51:48 3,338 posts
    Seen 17 minutes ago
    Registered 1 year ago
    Syrette wrote:
    TheMayorOfJugs wrote:
    I bit the bullet and have just bought it off PSN. I've never played Quest of Booty before so having that in the package made the price a lot easier to swallow.

Got nothing else to play at the moment and I quite fancy something not-so-taxing so bought it.
    The 2 of them together are probably half the length of A Crack in Time. Enjoy!
  • Humperfunk 17 Nov 2013 19:49:12 2,109 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Just finished, very enjoyable although by no means anywhere near the class of 1-3 and A Crack in Time.

Glad the "Future" trilogy is over though, hopefully the next one will be back to the style of the others.

• CharlieStCloud 17 Nov 2013 20:00:02 5,202 posts
    Seen 3 weeks ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    ShopTo surprised me by not only sending me this game two days early, I received an e-mail providing a downloadable code for 'Quest for Booty' and an armour add-on thingummy.

... quite pleased about that!

Will play this once I have done Papa & Yo, which I haven't had the time to start yet unfortunately.

Don't even need a PlayStation 4 until next Christmas at this rate.

: )
  • speedofthepuma 17 Nov 2013 21:23:17 13,283 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Oh, I'll be getting this and perhaps it will get me back into gaming for a bit..

I lurk. If I've spoken to you, I'm either impassioned, or drunk.

• Humperfunk 17 Nov 2013 22:32:08 2,109 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Just managed to smash through Challenge mode too from start to finish after my last post!

• Telepathic.Geometry 23 Nov 2013 10:10:17 11,292 posts
    Seen 34 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I'm gonna wait until they release the inevitable trilogy/quadrilogy, and add the trophies.

|| PSN Barrysama || NNID Barrysama ||

• BeardedGamerUK 23 Nov 2013 10:24:59 1,359 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 1 year ago
    I wasn't disappointed with All 4 One or Q Force at all, as I knew what I was getting before I played them.
  • Armoured_Bear 23 Nov 2013 10:29:32 10,570 posts
    Seen 36 minutes ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Humperfunk wrote:
    Just finished, very enjoyable although by no means anywhere near the class of 1-3 and A Crack in Time.

Glad the "Future" trilogy is over though, hopefully the next one will be back to the style of the others.
    I won't be able to resist this, I love me some R&C. A Crack in Time was especially awesome.

XBL : ecosse011172
    PSN : ecosse_011172
    NNID : armoured_bear

• Syrette 29 Nov 2013 08:33:07 43,295 posts
    Seen 32 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Finished this the other day. Decent length if I'm honest, compared to Quest for Booty which was over too quickly.

It's a lovely game as always, you might be shooting stuff 70% of the time but it's done in such a charming, colourful way.

I liked some of the new weapons and alterations to existing ones. Decent enough story too, although I sort of preferred Quest for Booty's sillier, less serious tale.

• CharlieStCloud 10 Dec 2013 10:40:02 5,202 posts
    Seen 3 weeks ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    I also finished this the other day too!

Thoroughly enjoyed Ratchet & Clanks latest adventure and one that was short but oh-so sweet. I'm surprised they keep coming up with new weapons, or slight variations on older ones. The Nightmare Box made the game super easy in places though ... a bit like a maxed out disco ball glove in 'A Crack in Time'.

Story wise, I kept thinking that those two robots would conveniently come back to save the day! Alas, they were both really gone when they were blown up. The ending was similar to the others in that it was another day in the office, yet open enough to come back and do another game in the foreseeable future.

... if they do return, I'd like to see a different template. Maybe an open-world-ish game, similar to Super Mario Sunshine? Will we ever see the Lombax again? Perhaps a variation in the way you tackle a level as oppose to 'find this, return item, open new path'?

I might go back to this one day and blast through challenge mode, but firstly, I shall have a go at Quest for Booty which I got for nothing, hooray!

Hopefully we'll meet again on the PlayStation 4.

: )

p.s. Props to Insomniac for the visuals. They are a fairly hefty leap better than their previous games and the quality gap between the glorious cutscenes and in-game is slowly merging closer.

Edited by CharlieStCloud at 10:48:59 10-12-2013
  • Page

of 1

Previous Next