2 player co-op on one machine - Recommendations? (360 / Wii)

• Page

of 1

Previous Next
  • Youthist 8 Jul 2013 11:16:25 10,010 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Would like to know people's recommendations for best 2 player co-op out there on either 360 or Wii using same machine. All genres.

Think of how stupid the average person is, and realise half of them are stupider than that

• AcidSnake 8 Jul 2013 11:26:01 7,222 posts
    Seen 34 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Wii:
    Dead Space: Extraction
    House of the Dead: Overkill
    RE: Umbrella & Darkside chronicles
    Any of the Trauma Centers

360:
    Minecraft

These are the ones I've played and enjoyed in split-screen (a lot of on rail shooters as you see)...I'm sure there are others I'm (criminally) overlooking...

AcidSnake - He can't see your sig, avatar, images or vids and talks about himself in the third person because he's proper old-skool...UID 24017

• dr_swin 8 Jul 2013 11:27:56 4,866 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Most fun I've had co-op this gen was with the terrorist hunt missions on Rainbow 6 vegas 1 and 2.
  • imamazed 8 Jul 2013 11:30:43 5,524 posts
    Seen 18 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Portal 2
    Gears of War
    Gears of War 2
    Gears of War 3
    Splosion Man
  • AcidSnake 8 Jul 2013 11:33:00 7,222 posts
    Seen 34 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Good gods yes, Portal 2!

AcidSnake - He can't see your sig, avatar, images or vids and talks about himself in the third person because he's proper old-skool...UID 24017

• andytheadequate 8 Jul 2013 12:15:13 8,081 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    I second Minecraft. By far the best co-op game I've ever played.

Portal 2 is pretty special too, although I've only played it online co-op so not sure how well local co-op works.

Monaco is a lot of fun, especially on later levels. Imagine a mixture of a heist/ stealth game and Pacman.

Lara Croft GoL, although a few of the later levels are a tad frustrating

Left 4 Dead

Splosion Man is the best co-op platformer I've played. I enjoyed it more than NSMB on the Wii.

Lego games are good if you're playing co-op with a kid/non gamer. Lego Indy 2 is the best one IMO.

There are a load of 2d shooters that have co-op, but the genre isn't for everyone. Hard Corps (basically a new version of Contra), Gatling Gears (twin stick shooter), and Ikaruga (top down shooter) are my personal favourites
  • Youthist 8 Jul 2013 12:16:58 10,010 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Cool. thanks so far. For Wii owners - which is the "best" co-op onrails shooter out there? There are loads of 'em and they all seem pretty good?

Think of how stupid the average person is, and realise half of them are stupider than that

• DFawkes 8 Jul 2013 12:22:43 22,610 posts
    Seen 5 seconds ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    My personal preference for on-rail shooter is HOTD Overkill, as you can upgrade different guns so you compliment each other well. Plus you can't get game over in standard mode, you just get a hefty score reduction, so anyone can get through the game given enough time, though with terrible scores. Going back to score chase and get more cash for upgrades gives it a bit of replay value.

I quite like Ghost Squad too, which lets you rank up and unlock stuff as you play, as well as having branching paths and a different feel to most other gun shooters.

Edited by DFawkes at 12:24:02 08-07-2013

I'd kick the living daylights out of the producers of Tipping Point - Ghandi

• AcidSnake 8 Jul 2013 13:26:57 7,222 posts
    Seen 34 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Depends what you're looking for...HOTD:o is very arcadey and a bit slapstick...
    Dead Space is a very long game but you need to enjoy it's particular dark brand of horror...

Both Darkside and Umbrella chronicles are a bit better if you've played any of the resident evils prior to 4...

My personal pick would be Dead Space though, lots of content to get through...

• L0cky 8 Jul 2013 13:30:07 1,501 posts
    Seen 57 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    If you're playing with your other half, Portal 2 and Minecraft are pretty much perfect.

We played Ilo Milo for a bit too.

There are surprisingly limited options tbh.
  • RightBean 8 Jul 2013 13:31:10 636 posts
    Seen 4 days ago
    Registered 1 year ago
    I like splinter cell, double agent, the co-op missions are designed specifically for two players and it's a thoughtful game where you have to work together, rather than a split screened single player. I don't know anything about the latest splinter cell game, but the older ones were good.
  • PenguinJim 8 Jul 2013 13:31:51 5,758 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    EDF2017 on 360 is unbelievable.
  • DFawkes 8 Jul 2013 13:38:54 22,610 posts
    Seen 5 seconds ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    RightBean wrote:
    I like splinter cell, double agent, the co-op missions are designed specifically for two players and it's a thoughtful game where you have to work together, rather than a split screened single player. I don't know anything about the latest splinter cell game, but the older ones were good.
    Good shout. For what it's worth Conviction is also really good, especially Mark and Execute, as it shows you who your partner is marking so you can mark a whole room and clear it in one smooth action. Or do it old school, if you prefer :)

I'd kick the living daylights out of the producers of Tipping Point - Ghandi

• FanBoysSuck 8 Jul 2013 13:40:09 1,451 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Gears judgement is a good laugh. I started going through it with the mrs last night. The bite size levels (so far) make it great for shorter sessions.

For the emperor!

• Tonka 8 Jul 2013 13:43:39 20,023 posts
    Seen 22 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    World of Goo on the Wii is the best multiplayer experience ever.
    Hoard mode in Gears of War 2 was fantastic as well. Especially when we linked to Xborks in separate rooms and did four player co-op split on two screens.

If you can read this you really need to fiddle with your forum settings.

• StrikeForce 8 Jul 2013 13:44:29 76 posts
    Seen 3 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    PenguinJim wrote:
    EDF2017 on 360 is unbelievable.
    Absolutely, some of the best co-op fun around. Loads of levels too.
  • ardamillo 8 Jul 2013 14:18:47 519 posts
    Seen 22 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Lara Croft Guardian of Light is great for local co-op!

Also Trine 2 is supposed to be good, but I haven't got very far in it yet.
  • imamazed 8 Jul 2013 14:23:35 5,524 posts
    Seen 18 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    NBA JAM: On Fire Edition and NHL 3-on-3 are good as well
  • psychokitten Moderator 8 Jul 2013 14:32:14 7,794 posts
    Seen 15 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Portal 2
    Halols
    Gearses
    Pretty sure Resident Evil 5 has split screen
    Viva Pinata / Viva Pinata: Trouble In Paradise
  • imamazed 8 Jul 2013 14:34:05 5,524 posts
    Seen 18 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    psychokitten wrote:

Yep, and it's awful. Can't put my finger on exactly why (I don't actually consider 5 to be that bad of a game) but it's just no fun in co-op.
  • psychokitten Moderator 8 Jul 2013 16:23:00 7,794 posts
    Seen 15 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I always enjoyed RE5 coop, with friends. Played through it on different occasions with different people and always enjoyed it.
    RE6 though, not so much.
  • King_Edward 8 Jul 2013 16:38:40 11,454 posts
    Seen 1 week ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Borderlands
    Splinter Cell Conviction
    Portal 2
  • andytheadequate 8 Jul 2013 16:55:46 8,081 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    ardamillo wrote:
    Lara Croft Guardian of Light is great for local co-op!

Also Trine 2 is supposed to be good, but I haven't got very far in it yet.
    Trine 2 is really bad...
  • kinky_mong 8 Jul 2013 17:13:15 9,979 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    imamazed wrote:
    psychokitten wrote:

Yep, and it's awful. Can't put my finger on exactly why (I don't actually consider 5 to be that bad of a game) but it's just no fun in co-op.
    Huh? The games awful solo because of the shit partner AI, it's playing in co-op that makes the game bearable!

I'll never get my Orc looking the same again.

• Page

of 1

Previous Next