My first game "OVNI" for android

• Page

of 2 First / Last

Previous
  • ono-leo 7 Jul 2013 01:24:02 12 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 1 year ago
    Hi!

I'd like to share my first simple space shooter game "OVNI" that i've developed for android. Until now, the game has 8 missions and i'd like your opnions to create the next ones so please feedback me ! You can get it for free from:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=br.ovni

Screenshots:

http://lh3.ggpht.com/ZLovNNoSAYy0YzfB7Z4tufvooyTr0x_zyAUZlUHEWMlKfB5iWbr98LXSlSpjCdxK2DE5

https://lh4.ggpht.com/yr-ooziwfkhk_VB1bucWdOkETEcvwtQhmqmgIJnRxJk2AxakHBmzelhFlN8mAFY85g

Leo

Edited by ono-leo at 01:27:23 07-07-2013
  • BudBrain 7 Jul 2013 01:42:54 18 posts
    Seen 2 months ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Post deleted
  • ono-leo 7 Jul 2013 01:55:34 12 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 1 year ago
    Hi, Budbrain. Sorry for my bad first impression. Actually, i'm a beginner (hobbyist) game programmer and just wanna promote my app. If this is a wrong place to it, i'm really sorry and please feel free to remove my post.

Edited by ono-leo at 01:57:39 07-07-2013
  • Sid-Nice 7 Jul 2013 02:55:55 15,852 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    If you can speak Geordie; this game is OVNI interest to me. :)

NNID Sid-Nice

• YenRug 7 Jul 2013 17:40:03 2,320 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    @BudBrain For someone with such a limited posting history, you're not the best person to be welcoming a new poster. If you'd checked the rest of the Mobile section of the forum, it's actually preferred that developers be up front about who they are and promoting their games; what isn't welcomed is the type of posts that we used to get, where a first time poster would make a new thread telling us about this "awesome new game I just downloaded!"

So, yes, give your opinion on what you think of a game that someone links to, even if you happen to think it's crap, but don't go telling people not to be honest about what or why they're posting, that's what more regular posters have put a lot of effort into stopping.
  • BudBrain 7 Jul 2013 18:48:40 18 posts
    Seen 2 months ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Post deleted
  • Ashleyfiddes 7 Jul 2013 19:00:07 980 posts
    Seen 3 months ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    @BudBrain someone with less then 20 posts shouldn't judge anyone's first post. For now watch listen and learn

It's sound advice

Edited by Ashleyfiddes at 19:00:22 07-07-2013
  • BudBrain 7 Jul 2013 19:15:16 18 posts
    Seen 2 months ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Post deleted
  • twelveways 7 Jul 2013 19:31:34 4,069 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    How can you spam with one post?

He's promoting his game, on a games forum. Nowt wrong with that.
  • wayneh 7 Jul 2013 19:56:22 2,379 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    BudBrain wrote:
    Not really.

Again what gives you authority with your post count of <70? ...What is this magic number...20?
    More than 11 ;)
    Hang around a while and be polite it's better for everyone

Act like a dumbshit and they will treat you as an equal

• wayneh 7 Jul 2013 20:01:05 2,379 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    ono-leo wrote:
    Hi!

I'd like to share my first simple space shooter game "OVNI" that i've developed for android. Until now, the game has 8 missions and i'd like your opnions to create the next ones so please feedback me ! You can get it for free from:

Screenshots:

http://lh3.ggpht.com/ZLovNNoSAYy0YzfB7Z4tufvooyTr0x_zyAUZlUHEWMlKfB5iWbr98LXSlSpjCdxK2DE5

https://lh4.ggpht.com/yr-ooziwfkhk_VB1bucWdOkETEcvwtQhmqmgIJnRxJk2AxakHBmzelhFlN8mAFY85g

Leo
    I've downloaded and installed the game but I'm stuck at the select mission screen. Mission 1 has a bright green circle around it but I can't select it, when I tap on controls it does nothing either. All I can do is scroll round the select mission screen. I'm using a Galaxy S4 btw

• OptimusPube 7 Jul 2013 20:18:01 3,148 posts
    Seen 21 minutes ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    wayneh wrote:
    ono-leo wrote:
    Hi!

Screenshots:

Leo
    I've downloaded and installed the game but I'm stuck at the select mission screen. Mission 1 has a bright green circle around it but I can't select it, when I tap on controls it does nothing either. All I can do is scroll round the select mission screen. I'm using a Galaxy S4 btw
    Just downloaded it, you double tap the screen buddy.

Danny MacAskill gives me a boner

• wayneh 7 Jul 2013 20:22:09 2,379 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    I've tried double tapping nothing happens. I'll try uninstalling and re-downloading see if it helps

• Page1 7 Jul 2013 21:38:40 2,618 posts
    Seen 19 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Game will not start for me :(
  • ono-leo 7 Jul 2013 22:32:45 12 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 1 year ago
    Hi all ! First of all, sorry for the confusion caused by my post. I've seen some others users that also has few posts promoting their games, so i thought it wouldn't be a problem.

wayneh, some users have reported the same problem with samsung s4. Unfortunately i coudn't find any friends with s4 but i could borrow a tectoy tablet that had the same problem and i've just fixed it and released at 1.2.4 version (may take some couple of hours to be updated in google play). I'm not 100% sure if it's really fixed with s4, so please can you try and feedback me again ?

crwoody, as i'm a beginner, only now realized how difficult is to develop for multiple devices and to promote the app ^_^ ... Anyway, sorry for the inconvenience, can you tell me if at least the game shows the title screen ? Wich device you are using ? I'll try my best to fix the problem.

Thanks Sid-Nice, YenRug, Ashleyfiddes, twelveways, OptimusPube for your support and also thanks to BudBrain that helped to make this post little bit commented :) !

Leo
  • OptimusPube 7 Jul 2013 22:40:57 3,148 posts
    Seen 21 minutes ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    I have to say it's a cool little game, not bad for a first attempt.

Danny MacAskill gives me a boner

• ono-leo 8 Jul 2013 00:05:56 12 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 1 year ago
    Thanks Optimus :) !
  • wayneh 8 Jul 2013 16:00:15 2,379 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    All working fine now on my S4. As said previously not bad for a first attempt, plays smooth, tilt controls well implemented and very responsive just not much meat to the game as such. Good luck with your developing future :)

• Carlo 8 Jul 2013 16:05:02 18,099 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Downloading on my Galaxy Note 2.

And it works fine.

Edited by Carlo at 16:07:02 08-07-2013

PSN ID: Djini

• Page1 8 Jul 2013 16:11:27 2,618 posts
    Seen 19 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    @ono-leo

I'll re-download when I get home and try again :)
  • Salaman 8 Jul 2013 16:20:05 19,301 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    BudBrain wrote:
    Not really.

Again what gives you authority with your post count of <70? ...What is this magic number...20?
    Can we all agree that you need over 5.000 forum posts before you can try and speak in name of all forumites and tell off newbies?

Although maybe it's easier we all ignore people with less than 10 posts when they try to sound like they know the place. :-0

Just downloaded it. I'll see how it goes.
  • BudBrain 8 Jul 2013 21:13:05 18 posts
    Seen 2 months ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Post deleted
  • wayneh 8 Jul 2013 21:25:08 2,379 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    BudBrain wrote:
    @Salaman My post didn't "tell him off", in was sound advice.. grow a pair already.

@twelveways "How can you spam with a single post" - Google the first sentence of his post, you'll find multiple 'copy and paste' instances on other forums by the same guy. Relevant, yes but looks like spam - it could be done better. Again, sound advice not to do so.

@ono-leo You're welcome, though I wouldn't be too pleased with this being the #1 conversation.

@wayneh More than 11 now :) Though being a member for 10 posts seems more polite than bursting through the forum door with an advert? Maybe the worlds gone mad, I dunno ;)
    So much angst, just calm down and breath. When you've settled in a bit you will realise how things work around here. If someone is out of line the regulars will soon jump in and explain how things are done. Make a few friends and chill rather than telling people to 'grow a pair'. Oh and download and try the game and leave some feedback :)

• Syrette 8 Jul 2013 21:29:36 43,783 posts
    Seen 35 seconds ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Wait, postcounts matter now?

Does this mean I've finally achieved something with my life?

BudBrain, you will do my bidding.

• BudBrain 8 Jul 2013 22:20:26 18 posts
    Seen 2 months ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Post deleted
  • rare_uk 8 Jul 2013 22:29:22 3,570 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Don't years count for anything?
  • superdelphinus 8 Jul 2013 22:32:04 8,089 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Cracking thread
  • BudBrain 8 Jul 2013 22:34:45 18 posts
    Seen 2 months ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Post deleted
  • kentmonkey 8 Jul 2013 22:39:26 20,789 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    BudBrain wrote:
    As this is your first post, it makes you look like a spammer.

Also, I'm guessing the 1 feedback your game has received (a massive 5/5) was left by you?
    I'd suggest you come back to the thread tomorrow, re-read this post you made, and your subsequent posts, and see why people might be picking you up on your 'post count' issue.

If having less than 10 posts means you can call someone up on how they should or shouldn't post, I'd say that their first post being about their game is equally fine.

And you were extremely judgemental about the 5/5 feedback being left, and quite passive-aggressive with the comment. As are remarks like 'grow a pair'.

The original post was polite, openly stated it was his game (when many don't state that) and to the point.

Back OT, I'll give the game a go ono-leo, to reward the honest pushing of wares rather than the stealth posts we usually see.
  • BudBrain 8 Jul 2013 23:04:25 18 posts
    Seen 2 months ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Post deleted
  • Page

of 2 First / Last

Previous