Next
  • Mola_Ram 16 Aug 2013 02:38:53 6,216 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Stealth Jews, innit
  • Khanivor 16 Aug 2013 02:39:47 39,869 posts
    Seen 43 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    I know you want to tell the world how you have it all figured out.

Or are ya just firing blanks, kid?

Edited by Khanivor at 02:40:10 16-08-2013
  • Khanivor 16 Aug 2013 02:55:03 39,869 posts
    Seen 43 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    So the US sends Israel aid because they are it's Mini Me?

An interesting theory.

I wonder who would play them in the movie based on their escapades.
  • Mola_Ram 16 Aug 2013 03:00:52 6,216 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Bring back Mickey Rooney to do another Breakfast at Tiffany's, except with a Jewish guy instead of Japanese.
  • Dangerous_Dan 16 Aug 2013 06:41:22 2,175 posts
    Seen 2 months ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Makes me wonder what comes first - Democracy or the stable social environment.

The reason for democracy isn't a sudden spark of 'enlightenment' or because it's most 'humane' or something like that. It's just one form of goverment among others and the reason it is chosen, or it is adopted is because it's more successful than its competitors in a given scenario.
    e.g. In medieval times a kingdom which would have adopted democracy would have been at a disadvantage against its rivals - given the circumstances of those times (population density, available technology, rescources and so on).
  • Deleted user 20 August 2013 08:34:36
    Der Spiegel has an informative article on this:

Egypt's Tragedy

How Egypt's strong man feels about democracy is revealed in his thesis at the US Army War College in Pennsylvania, where he spent nine months in 2005. As if anticipating the problems his government is now facing, the general wrote: "Simply changing the political systems from autocratic rule to democratic rule will not be enough to build a new democracy." Change, he continued, requires a "reasonable economic situation, educated people and a moderate understanding of religious issues."

Perhaps Morsi should have read his defense minister's thesis. "If a democracy evolves with different constituencies," Sissi wrote, "there is no guarantee that the police and military forces will align with the emerging ruling parties."
    Lesson: Read his writings before you appoint a minister.
  • Page

of 5 First / Last

Next