Mario & Luigi: Dream Team

• Page

of 3 First / Last

Previous
  • addyb 3 Jul 2013 02:07:55 1,049 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I pre ordered this earlier. Anyone else picking this up? Never played bowsers inside story but really enjoyed partners in time.

Anyone happen to have a copy of bowsers to sell at a nice price? Dying to try it out :)
  • Eitje 3 Jul 2013 08:35:08 2 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 1 year ago
    I also can't wait until this games' release! :D

I played Mario and Luigi: Superstar Saga.. and I really love al the jokes and fun in this game!:D
  • Deleted user 3 July 2013 14:07:38
    Sticker Star was a great disappointment for me but I have much loftier hopes for this, not digging the artstyle but loving the creativity on display.

Have it pre-ordered also.
  • Youthist 3 Jul 2013 14:35:42 10,018 posts
    Seen 6 days ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Will be great. Every game in this series has been great.

Think of how stupid the average person is, and realise half of them are stupider than that

• Deleted user 3 July 2013 14:41:46
    Some tidbits frome the recent Iwata Asks:

The producer and director are the same as the last three games. The producer was the director on the original.

-About six months after Bowser's Inside Story the team was throwing out ideas, one of them became the basis for the dream system.

-They considered going with Bowser again for the Dream System, but decided to limit themselves to Mario and Luigi as playable this time so the series didn't loose its roots.

-The idea to have many Luigis battling and moving in the overworld was a separate one that came before the dream system, but they wanted a system that used the second screen.

-The team hadn't considered this game would come out in the 30th anniversary of the character and be part of a 'Year of Luigi'

-To get the DreamTeam Alpha up and running too 1.5 years for Alpha Dream. Game has been in development for over 3 years, since the last one.

-They had so much stuff this time they even went into a Gamma Phase, which Iwata notes as unusual as games typically only have Alpha and Beta. The reason was the switch from 2D to 3D backgrounds and the length of time they spent on the game.

-They chose sprites because it's part of the Alpha Dream heritage...but also because they had few 3D production resources

-The 3D Mega Luigi model was done by a 3rd party after they realised there was a limit to doing that in 2D.

-A challenge was shifting from drawing sprites for 8-way movement on DS to 16 way movement on 3DS.

-They couldn't even just flip the sprites for the other direction due to the 'L' on Luigi's hat.

-They banned themselves from flipping the sprites for Mario too, because of Mario's right arm going up when he jumps.

-They had 5-6 staff working on the character animations for all the characters in the game.

-The requests and suggestions by Nintendo on Alpha Dream were not always accepted and often required meetings, or discussions with the SPD producers. Sometimes both parties got annoyed with each other.

-They talk about including an easy mode. For example, when active, a hint block will appear when you redo a battle after dying, or a Slow Mode will activate if you continually fail a brother attack so you can time your move more easily.

-The Mario & Luigi RPG series is also quite popular with women.

-Many of the characters from older games appear, too.

-A Hard Mode unlocks for experienced players after clearing the game. Even the producer has trouble with it, it's so difficult。He even died during the tutorial.

-The put a lot of extra stuff into Dream Team after hearing fans say they wanted to play more of M&L RPG 3. There's special requirements for battles, like 'no damage KO' which will earn you points, once you have enough points you will earn a reward.

-Worked hard on the tempo of the game, especially the opening. Redid it multiple times to get it 'right'.

-The producer says long term fans shouldn't worry - the series is still the same, despite the switch to 3D worlds for Dream Team
  • addyb 3 Jul 2013 23:27:48 1,049 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    After a bit of a mix up I might be ending up with 2 copies of the last game in the series "Bowsers inside story" so if I do I'll be selling 1 copy if anyone's interested? It would be cart only and I'd just want to recoup what I paid for it so 12 delivered. :)
  • chrisno21 8 Jul 2013 11:39:58 1,509 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    The first Mario and Luigi RPG on the advance was superb, since then they haven't been as good.

Will get this as I still enjoyed Partners and Bowsers but I doubt it'll hit the same high as superstar saga (my most treasured gba game)

PSN/NNID: chrisno21
    twitter: @NumbersFox

• roz123 9 Jul 2013 11:39:39 7,113 posts
    Seen 5 days ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Japanese commercial

And a German review
    http://www.4players.de/4players.php/dispbericht/3DS/Test/34367/79804/0/Mario__Luigi_Dream_Team_Bros.html

Google translate link:
    http://translate.google.co.uk/translate?sl=de&tl=en&prev=_t&hl=en&ie=UTF-8&u=http://www.4players.de/4players.php/dispbericht/3DS/Test/34367/79804/0/Mario__Luigi_Dream_Team_Bros.html&act=url

Edited by roz123 at 11:43:44 09-07-2013
  • addyb 9 Jul 2013 19:19:49 1,049 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Had my dispatch from ShopTo. Hopefully tomorrow now. The same time I'll be receiving Theatrhythm final fantasy as well :)
  • Gunzberg 9 Jul 2013 19:35:44 1,732 posts
    Seen 4 days ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    addyb wrote:
    I pre ordered this earlier. Anyone else picking this up? Never played bowsers inside story but really enjoyed partners in time.

Anyone happen to have a copy of bowsers to sell at a nice price? Dying to try it out :)
    Bowser's inside story was fantastic. You should not miss out on it.

Steam/PSN/XBL/Nintendo ID/Uplay/Origin: Gunzberg
    Blizzard Battletag: Gunzberg#2718

• Youthist 9 Jul 2013 19:46:37 10,018 posts
    Seen 6 days ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Yes it was. I still like the original best, but they are all superb.

Think of how stupid the average person is, and realise half of them are stupider than that

• addyb 9 Jul 2013 19:53:39 1,049 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Gunzberg wrote:
    addyb wrote:

Bowser's inside story was fantastic. You should not miss out on it.
    I got it yesterday. Not had chance to play it yet.
  • Malignant 10 Jul 2013 12:16:26 86 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    I've preorded mine from Game's website (even though everywhere else has it 2 cheaper). I just couldn't resist the Mario and Luigi keyring hats. :redface:

Besides, I'll get the 2 back eventually via cashback, as I used Quidco.

I don't usually pre-order games, especially since I've only seen one review (from the Official Nintendo magazine) but I get the feeling that this game will be good. :cool:
  • Nemesis 10 Jul 2013 15:24:41 18,648 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    These are such great games; I was so glad to see this being made....put 30 hours into both Partners and Inside Story and enjoyed them both tremendously.

Saying that, I found the sideways DS Bowser battles a bit throwaway. I know they are back again; I just hope they are not as clunky. I didn't enjoy those bits, just got past them as quick as. The rest, fantastic. BLORBS!
  • captain_markyboy 11 Jul 2013 07:50:01 250 posts
    Seen 2 months ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Pre ordered from shopto. Dispatched yesterday, hopefully get it today.
    Looking forward to this, I loved the others.
  • addyb 11 Jul 2013 08:35:32 1,049 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    captain_markyboy wrote:
    Pre ordered from shopto. Dispatched yesterday, hopefully get it today.
    Looking forward to this, I loved the others.
    Yeah me too. Although I only played a little of partners in time. I've got bowsers inside story as well but haven't had chance to play it yet.
  • zoolophage 11 Jul 2013 09:08:59 1,737 posts
    Seen 6 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Slippery slope there...buying the latest game in a series when you already own but haven't really played the previous titles...not that I'd ever do something like that :D

3DS: 2019-9957-3472

• Malignant 11 Jul 2013 10:16:18 86 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    zoolophage wrote:
    Slippery slope there...buying the latest game in a series when you already own but haven't really played the previous titles...not that I'd ever do something like that :D
    I'm in the same boat too though. :lol:

We're professional backloggers, we know what we're doing...........

....ok maybe not. :redface:

Edited by Malignant at 10:17:09 11-07-2013
  • addyb 11 Jul 2013 10:34:10 1,049 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    @Malignant

Yep I've a long and storied history when it comes to backlogging. Over 30 years experience. :D
  • Humperfunk 11 Jul 2013 10:50:20 2,242 posts
    Seen 18 minutes ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Yeah mine's on the way too - I'm about 15 hours into Inside Story so should finish that first really....bet I end up starting this today though.

PSN, XBL & NNID: Wedjwants

• zoolophage 12 Jul 2013 09:42:35 1,737 posts
    Seen 6 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    So...EG scored Dream Team a 7, which just happened to be what I guessed they would rate it. I guess that means it's decent, solid enough but unspectacular.

I'm going to wait until I finish Partners In Time and Inside Story and see if I still have an appetite for more of the same, yet slightly different.

Edited by zoolophage at 09:49:31 12-07-2013

3DS: 2019-9957-3472

• Nemesis 12 Jul 2013 10:14:14 18,648 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    I'd put a bit of a gap between games; they do love their tutorials.

Inside and Partners repeat a ton of the same lessons.... I'm betting Dream Team does the same. Helpful for the changes in combat timing and suchlike, you can skip the lessons to a degree.

I never did finish Saga. Bad Nemmie.
  • angeltreats 12 Jul 2013 10:37:53 2,602 posts
    Seen 1 month ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    This has popped through my door today (25 from Tesco). God knows when I'll find the time to play it.
  • bitch_tits_zero_nine 12 Jul 2013 11:53:06 6,654 posts
    Seen 5 days ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    I got bored of Bowsers Inside Story tbh so I won't bother with this.
  • captain_markyboy 12 Jul 2013 12:01:54 250 posts
    Seen 2 months ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Got it yesterday. I'm an hour and a half in.
    Really good so far, just entering the dream world thing.
    Will update after a bit more play time.
  • roz123 12 Jul 2013 12:04:00 7,113 posts
    Seen 5 days ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Apart from Edge and Eurogamers 7s from what I can see its scoring 8s and 9s everywhere else so not bad at all. Animal Crossing is destroying my free time at the moment though so I am not going to get it yet
  • Murbal 12 Jul 2013 12:07:31 22,218 posts
    Seen 8 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    I've watched some videos and it just doesn't appeal to me at all.
  • Humperfunk 12 Jul 2013 12:08:08 2,242 posts
    Seen 18 minutes ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Looking forward to putting a bit more time into the game on the bog at lunch.

PSN, XBL & NNID: Wedjwants

• Kay 12 Jul 2013 12:19:29 17,885 posts
    Seen 3 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Murbal wrote:
    I've watched some videos and it just doesn't appeal to me at all.
    It does look a bit mental in videos, but it's still an RPG at heart (although one that seems to more inventive than most).
  • Kay 12 Jul 2013 12:20:10 17,885 posts
    Seen 3 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Humperfunk wrote:
    Looking forward to putting a bit more time into the game on the bog at lunch.
    If you're on lunch, why do you have to play it on the bog?
  • Page

of 3 First / Last

Previous