Kickbeat

• Page

of 1

Previous Next
  • HiddenAway 27 Jun 2013 20:46:20 14,996 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Kung-Fu styled rhythm game where you beat up enemies to the beat of the music.

There's an import tool that allows you to play your own songs but from what I gathered in the live stream that finished a while ago, it'll be a little fiddly.

It is out now, priced 7.29. A demo is available but be warned that the demo song given is from the last song in story mode so expect a tough challenge!

There will be 18 songs in the game. Full track list:

"it's Showtime" - Southpaw Swagger
    "Nine Thou" (Grant Mohrman "Superstars" remix) - Styles of Beyond
    "Beautiful People" - Marilyn Manson
    "Switchback" - Celldweller
    "It's Goin Down" - Pre-Fight Hype
    "Takedown" - Blue Stahli
    "Self vs Self" - Pendulum ft. In Flames
    "Propane Nightmares (Celldweller remix)" - Pendulum
    "Fighters" - Voicians
    "War Dance" - Shen Yi
    "Scum of the Earth" - Rob Zombie
    "Scrape" - Blue Stahli
    "Boom" - P.O.D.
    "I Can't Wait" - Celldweller
    "Last Resort" - Papa Roach
    "Tug-O-War" - Pre-Fight Hype
    "The Construct" - Voicians

Video stream

Website

EDIT 1 (07/08/2013)
    Releases 4th September in Europe. PS3 version announced and the game will be cross-buy.

EDIT 2 (19/08/2013)
    Video added showing a quick look at how you import your own music.

EDIT 3 (12/09/2013)
    Game is out now priced 7.29. A demo is also available but be warned that the song used is actually the LAST song in the full game! Full track list added (from NeoGAF)

Edited by HiddenAway at 09:59:06 12-09-2013

On Twitter: @HiddenAway1

• aros 28 Jun 2013 09:06:59 3,423 posts
    Seen 24 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Seems very similar to the 2D version of this on PSM that's maybe called something with Samurai in the title?

It was fun to play and you did get into the beat for when to press rather than just the visual cues, so if this one is as good as that it should be very good.
  • fb77 6 Jul 2013 22:11:38 110 posts
    Seen 28 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    aros wrote:
    Seems very similar to the 2D version of this on PSM that's maybe called something with Samurai in the title?
    Samurai Beatdown, I believe.
  • aros 8 Jul 2013 09:24:10 3,423 posts
    Seen 24 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Aye Samurai Beatdown - I enjoyed that game a lot as it did match well to the beat, once into a song you could listen to the beat itself to get 'perfect's every time!

If this goes as well with the music as that it will probably be good.

I doubt I will pick it up though as I don't think it looks that different to Samurai Beatdown despite the shinier graphics.
  • HiddenAway 7 Aug 2013 19:15:39 14,996 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Releases 4th September 2013 in Europe. No longer Vita exclusive as a PS3 version is also coming out at the same time but it will be cross-buy with the PS3 version.

• HiddenAway 19 Aug 2013 23:44:03 14,996 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Preview of how you can import your own songs into the game.

• HiddenAway 12 Sep 2013 09:58:37 14,996 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I've made updates to the OP:

It is out now, priced 7.29. A demo is available but be warned that the demo song given is from the last song in story mode so expect a tough challenge!

There will be 18 songs in the game. Full track list:

"it's Showtime" - Southpaw Swagger
    "Nine Thou" (Grant Mohrman "Superstars" remix) - Styles of Beyond
    "Beautiful People" - Marilyn Manson
    "Switchback" - Celldweller
    "It's Goin Down" - Pre-Fight Hype
    "Takedown" - Blue Stahli
    "Self vs Self" - Pendulum ft. In Flames
    "Propane Nightmares (Celldweller remix)" - Pendulum
    "Fighters" - Voicians
    "War Dance" - Shen Yi
    "Scum of the Earth" - Rob Zombie
    "Scrape" - Blue Stahli
    "Boom" - P.O.D.
    "I Can't Wait" - Celldweller
    "Last Resort" - Papa Roach
    "Tug-O-War" - Pre-Fight Hype
    "The Construct" - Voicians

• neems 12 Sep 2013 11:31:34 1,458 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    You ain't kidding. I went through the tutorial, and everything seemed hunky dory... tried the actual game and holee fuck, buttons everywhere while my brain exploded.

Possibly not the best way to make a demo, as I just turned it off at that point.
  • HiddenAway 12 Sep 2013 12:27:43 14,996 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    neems wrote:
    You ain't kidding. I went through the tutorial, and everything seemed hunky dory... tried the actual game and holee fuck, buttons everywhere while my brain exploded.

Possibly not the best way to make a demo, as I just turned it off at that point.
    Indeed. I was quite surprised by the step up in difficulty. After a few goes though, I started to get the hang of it. Once I bought the full game, most of the normal difficulty level was relatively easy (though only passing with 3-4 stars). The last few levels are about on par with the demo level.

I don't know if you tried but you can turn off the action events in the options. That stops the screen from shaking so much and might be worth keeping on until you get used to the game.

• aros 12 Sep 2013 13:20:29 3,423 posts
    Seen 24 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I enjoyed Samurai Beatdown for what it was but don't really fancy purchasing this when there are so many games coming out. Hopefully it will come to + at some point.
  • Flying_Pig 12 Sep 2013 16:45:40 11,505 posts
    Seen 37 seconds ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    This is very, very tough. The tutorial makes it seem ok (although there's lot to remember), but playing the first story level on Normal (easiest) difficulty, I only managed to last about 90 seconds!

I'm sure I'll get the hang of it, but the enemies come at you so thick and fast, while you're trying to remember what you learned in the tutorial. I can see a lot of people quitting at that point, or more likely not bothering with the game if the demo is even harder!!
  • Roddy100 12 Sep 2013 23:16:23 783 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    What's the Vita file size for this one? The SEN web store says 2.2gb! Surely some mistake!
  • HiddenAway 13 Sep 2013 06:22:34 14,996 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    @Roddy100 800ish MB. You were looking at the PS3 version

• Flying_Pig 13 Sep 2013 16:06:48 11,505 posts
    Seen 37 seconds ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Woah - this is actually pretty damn good. Switching off the Dynamic Camera (as suggested by HAway) does make it a bit easier, but once you get the hang of it, this just about balances reward and challenge.

I'm only getting 2-3 stars on the stages (currently doing the one in the Boxing ring), but it's definitely picking up!
  • Flying_Pig 13 Sep 2013 19:49:32 11,505 posts
    Seen 37 seconds ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Getting better and better. It's keeping me away from Killzone, so it must be doing something right!

Real zone/zen gaming. So bad that my contact lenses were drying out because I wasn't blinking enough!!
  • Roddy100 14 Sep 2013 04:56:17 783 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    @HiddenAway That was a bit silly of me. Thanks. I'm relieved that it's only 800mb.

Edit: I just checked the SEN store again and BOTH the PS3 and Vita versions are listed as 2.2gb! So I wasn't crazy apparently.

Perhaps an error on the NZ version of the store?

Edited by Roddy100 at 23:45:22 16-09-2013
  • Page

of 1

Previous Next