Hotline Miami for Vita/PS3 Page 4

• Page

of 8 First / Last

• Deleted user 2 July 2013 18:35:55
    aros wrote:
    Aye, with a gun in hand you have to hold X to pick a guy up.

I get stuck on, I think, Assualt yesterday, completed it three times then got destroyed by the police bursting in who I couldn't seem to damage!? And I couldn't see any way to get out as the laser just killed me every time even when I snuck past the officers? Help!
    I don't think you can kill the police I seem to recall just running past them.
  • tompurcell 2 Jul 2013 20:08:50 17 posts
    Seen 13 hours ago
    Registered 10 months ago
    I don't know this is common bug or what, but on Clean Hit after taking out the guys on the first floor the game will not progress, is anyone else familiar with this?
  • oldschoolsoviet 2 Jul 2013 20:19:32 5,413 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    @tompurcell

I'd say you haven't killed everyone. Perhaps those eating should be included, no witnesses.
  • CharlieStCloud 2 Jul 2013 20:30:04 4,660 posts
    Seen 3 days ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Only just started playing this and OH-MY-GOD-IT-IS SO-GOOD!

... compliments both Guacamelee and Oddworld: Strangers Wrath perfectly well!

Love how it punishes you for making a tiny little mistake but not unbearably so.

Music is blooming astounding too.

: )
  • Trowel 2 Jul 2013 20:35:47 16,848 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    oldschoolsoviet wrote:
    @tompurcell

I'd say you haven't killed everyone. Perhaps those eating should be included, no witnesses.
    Yes it does - seem to remember the retro graphics style doesn't make them look very people-like however so difficult to spot. Toward the end of clearing a floor I find it always helps to use square to find the final targets.

Have we established if the problem with the Vita aiming (crosshairs not moving with the left stick during a chapter) is common and if it's going to be fixed?
  • Gojiratron 2 Jul 2013 20:39:24 66 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    @tompurcell

There's probably a passive diner still eating. Spread the lead!

EDIT: Yeah, others have said that. Started to reply and picked up the game...eventually realised I'd not posted lol. So addictive.

Edited by Gojiratron at 20:41:25 02-07-2013

PSN/SEN - Gojiratron

• tompurcell 2 Jul 2013 20:42:12 17 posts
    Seen 13 hours ago
    Registered 10 months ago
    @oldschoolsoviet @Trowel Yep that was it, cheers it's been annoying me for 2 days ha, moron!
  • oldschoolsoviet 2 Jul 2013 20:47:55 5,413 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Have we established if the problem with the Vita aiming (crosshairs not moving with the left stick during a chapter) is common and if it's going to be fixed?
    Errr.....

/has never moved crosshairs with left stick
  • Trowel 2 Jul 2013 21:17:24 16,848 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    oldschoolsoviet wrote:
    Errr.....

/has never moved crosshairs with left stick
    The crosshairs follows the direction you move in the pre-post chapter scenes, but during a chapter it stays fixed in place until you use the right stick/square button. Really annoying and makes it harder than it should be.
  • oldschoolsoviet 2 Jul 2013 21:24:17 5,413 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I'd think the constant correction from the left stick input by using the right stick would be more infuriating tbh - it defines the whole twin stick mechanic. Running backwards while attacking wouldn't be an option now, would it ?

I'd never even noticed it until you'd mentioned it and I had a quick go.
  • Gojiratron 2 Jul 2013 21:51:23 66 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    I hadn't noticed it either but now that it's brought up I don't think it's a problem at all. After playing for a while I've found my thumb never leaves the right stick now. I know roughly where the guys will be so I've no need to drag the map. I only use the lock on for boss fights as running in head-first like a maniac gets you better scores lol. I still throw things and use guns to mix it up but I aim manually now. I usually miss and die of course unless I have a shotgun ;)

PSN/SEN - Gojiratron

• Trowel 2 Jul 2013 22:22:54 16,848 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    I've got used to it, but given it doesn't behave like that outside the chapters it does seem restricting.
  • Zizoo 2 Jul 2013 22:54:23 7,704 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    I forgot that I could lock-on =/
  • Trowel 3 Jul 2013 07:16:24 16,848 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Unlocked the bonus chapter 'Exposed' last night - heh heh heh :)
  • Trafford 3 Jul 2013 08:30:13 5,270 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Fuguey nights!
  • aros 3 Jul 2013 09:54:22 2,053 posts
    Seen 13 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Ah, the chapter I'm stuck on is not Assualt. Crackdown perhaps? The laser kills me after the chapter is completed :(
  • monkman76 3 Jul 2013 09:57:17 3,396 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Yeah that's Crackdown. Just be careful with your timing escaping the laser (well, it's a sniper with a laser sight presumably rather than pew pew pew) and you're almost there!
  • FatsoJetson 3 Jul 2013 10:24:02 302 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Anyone know of any good walkthroughs for finding all the secret letters and extra masks? Only found two letters so far in seven chapters, despite wearing the Owl mask (which seems to do naff all to help you find stuff).

Had a quick Google but they all seem to be video walkthoughs. Would prefer text-based, if anyone knows of one.
  • oldschoolsoviet 3 Jul 2013 11:04:21 5,413 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    mowgli wrote:
    oldschoolsoviet wrote:
    mowgli wrote:
    Holy shit you can take people hostage.
    I'll be taking you hostage you bam.

/top bar one level because of mowgs

I'll beat it yet !
    \o/
    Done, with 18k to spare ! O_o
    Trick seems to be speed, beating the arrival of the polis who take away your 'opportunities'.
  • monkman76 3 Jul 2013 11:13:21 3,396 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    When you get a score at the end, it seems to be 'out of' another score (eg. 8/10), but the value after the / is lower. What does it mean? Guess I must just be shit-hot.
  • Murbal 3 Jul 2013 11:17:20 21,547 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I guess it's some sort of 'par' score.
  • Gojiratron 3 Jul 2013 12:39:39 66 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    @FatsoJetson

I had to look up what the Owl mask did and apparently it gives the letters a purple glow but I've never seen this for myself. Maybe it's just really subtle? I've just been spamming the X button everywhere. =/

EDIT: Actually just found one, it is really subtle - a tiny floating purple speck! You can complete a level first then carefully go through every room.

There's one here so you know what you're looking for: Upstairs in Tension, in the room that has the explosives rigged to the doors.

Edited by Gojiratron at 12:49:00 03-07-2013

PSN/SEN - Gojiratron

• ibenam 3 Jul 2013 12:44:39 1,272 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Is there a demo of this - desprately want to try but i tend to give up on above average difficulty games in my old age!
  • Gojiratron 3 Jul 2013 12:53:32 66 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    ibenam wrote:
    Is there a demo of this - desprately want to try but i tend to give up on above average difficulty games in my old age!
    It's tough at first but the stages are quite small, you have infinite lives and you restart almost instantly when you die so you can just stick at it. The thing is, it always remains fun and is never really frustrating no matter how many times you die. It's totally worth taking a chance on at only 6.49

PSN/SEN - Gojiratron

• Trowel 3 Jul 2013 13:59:53 16,848 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    FatsoJetson wrote:
    Anyone know of any good walkthroughs for finding all the secret letters and extra masks? Only found two letters so far in seven chapters, despite wearing the Owl mask (which seems to do naff all to help you find stuff).

Had a quick Google but they all seem to be video walkthoughs. Would prefer text-based, if anyone knows of one.
    http://hotline-miami.wikia.com/wiki/Hotline_Miami_Wiki
  • FatsoJetson 3 Jul 2013 15:47:44 302 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    @Trowel Thank you
  • Rhaegyr 3 Jul 2013 16:04:17 1,109 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago

Nuff said.

Edited by Rhaegyr at 16:04:40 03-07-2013
  • SomaticSense 3 Jul 2013 20:35:36 7,040 posts
    Seen 1 week ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Ah! Takes me back to the LP vid that immediately sold the game to me:

The van part at around 13 mins is awesome.

• wobbly_Bob 4 Jul 2013 06:42:57 1,433 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    What a game! I really skeptical that I would like this, but it is bloody brilliant. Played it with my other half, all day yesterday.
  • Deleted user 4 July 2013 07:11:12
    Completed it. Brilliant game. For anyone on the fence, I thought it looked cheap, I thought the videos looked awful and the controls annoying. I couldn't be further from the truth, an absolute must have on the vita and infinitely better than the pc version.

Now that I've completed it how do the high scores work? Do I have to complete it again and again now? Do level restarts detract points?
  • Page

of 8 First / Last