Hotline Miami for Vita/PS3 Page 7

• Page

of 9 First / Last

• wobbly_Bob 28 Jul 2013 11:57:24 1,720 posts
    Seen 7 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    @TheMayorOfJugs - the ahhhhhh, okay. Cheers, my man! I'll try it out... Have it on pause now ;)
  • wobbly_Bob 28 Jul 2013 12:14:56 1,720 posts
    Seen 7 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Fucking game glitching again. There is a bug that prevents me locking on from time to time and makes levels impossible... It's started doing it now. So I thought of I'll restart the level and it puts me right back to the whole thing. CUNT! That's it, I think I'm gonna delete this now. Shame.

You were right about the shotgun! Cheers.
  • Deleted user 28 July 2013 12:38:07
    I know if you press square it locks on to targets but its a bit random. I gave up locking on and only did it when I was being a bit more methodical in my approach.

i.e using the touch controls to look around and then lock on by touching the target.

Stick with it!!
  • wobbly_Bob 28 Jul 2013 12:47:36 1,720 posts
    Seen 7 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    @NeverEatYellowSnow might keep going now the rage is dying down lol might give it a break though.
  • Deleted user 28 July 2013 13:32:02
    @wobbly_Bob you know what I died a billion times and due to the instant restarts I never found it frustrating. It really is a brilliant game. I think mixing up how you approach levels and areas is the key. Changing masks too.
    Some levels I used to run in like a maniac wind milling my arms about at anything that moved haha then other times I'd be cowering in a corner pushing doors open onto on rushing bad guys. Your making me want to play it again now!!! Lol

Stick with it bob.
  • wobbly_Bob 28 Jul 2013 14:17:44 1,720 posts
    Seen 7 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    @NeverEatYellowSnow - will do, thanks for the encouragement! RAAAAA! Now... Where's my animal mask.
  • Deleted user 28 July 2013 14:21:59
    @wobbly_Bob

Haha... Go bob go, the mask with lethal doors is good. (Can't remember the name)
  • yegon 28 Jul 2013 14:51:15 5,218 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Finally finished this, awesome game. Few moments I wanted to sling the Vita out of the window, the purple panthers, bodyguard, then dual wielding kingpin made me wonder if I'd ever actually complete it, partly because it bugged out on me a couple of times too. But, I grit my teeth and soldiered through, so glad I persevered.

Since blasted through a few earlier levels, what seemed so difficult earlier I've now A+'d in a couple of attempts.

Fave mask was probably the Giraffe, ability to see further was extremely helpful when windows become more common in late game.

Loved the soundtrack, a few Jan Hammer/Miami Vice stylee gems that made my ears bleed with joy when I played it on my PS3 through my amp. Soundtrack duly purchased.

Edited by yegon at 14:53:11 28-07-2013
  • CharlieStCloud 28 Jul 2013 22:28:00 5,202 posts
    Seen 3 weeks ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    yegon wrote:
    Loved the soundtrack, a few Jan Hammer/Miami Vice style gems that made my ears bleed with joy when I played it on my PS3 through my amp. Soundtrack duly purchased.
    I'd very happily argue that Hotline Miami has the best soundtrack in any game for the last decade.

... as sad as this maybe sounds, when the grade/total score screen appears after completing a mission, I could listen to that music playing for hours. There's a moment when it really kicks in and the bass brings a tidal wave of joy to my senses.

Fucking love it!

A little bit worried the sequel may not have quite as good a soundtrack as this does.
  • jonsaan 28 Jul 2013 22:34:45 25,342 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I just don't get the soundtrack love. The music in your house is goddawful. The rest is pretty good but the best soundtrack of the last decade?! I still think, given the opportunity to explore 80s music it's a fraction of what it could have been musically.

FCUTA!

• CharlieStCloud 28 Jul 2013 22:42:03 5,202 posts
    Seen 3 weeks ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    @jonsaan

I used to love you.

: (
  • jonsaan 29 Jul 2013 12:26:26 25,342 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    @CharlieStCloud

You know what. In the interests of understanding all the love. I went back and played again last night....

I think part of the reason the music is less than stellar for me is my non use of headphones.

I still don't love it and stand by what I've said as a child of the 80s ( as in a teen, not a toddler) but I do get the passion for this music, it's just not the Miami inspired vision of the 80s that runs in jonsaan's head. I would have approached it differently. And the title music and tune that plays in your appartment is awful noise.

FCUTA!

• Deleted user 29 July 2013 12:32:12
    jonsaan wrote:
    @CharlieStCloud

You know what. In the interests of understanding all the love. I went back and played again last night....

I think part of the reason the music is less than stellar for me is my non use of headphones.

I still don't love it and stand by what I've said as a child of the 80s ( as in a teen, not a toddler) but I do get the passion for this music, it's just not the Miami inspired vision of the 80s that runs in jonsaan's head. I would have approached it differently. And the title music and tune that plays in your appartment is awful noise.
    I think the music is fitting to the game. In that respect I think it's brilliant.

It's not something I'd be listening to a driving the car or at the gym etc.... Or in fact outside the game.

Headphones defo make the difference too. :)
  • monkman76 29 Jul 2013 12:37:26 4,176 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    @jonsaan Tsk, the game even tells you to use headphones!
  • Deleted user 29 July 2013 12:44:03
    Edit: double post

Edited by NeverEatYellowSnow at 12:45:12 29-07-2013
  • CharlieStCloud 29 Jul 2013 17:40:28 5,202 posts
    Seen 3 weeks ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    @jonsaan

That's cool if you like the Miami inspired music of the 80's era when you were a teenager (I wasn't even born then ... :p), but there is something Drive-esque about the soundtrack that has me bobbing my head, unawarely of me doing so. The music just goes so well with the brooding mentality of the game.

I do agree that the apartment 'music', which is more of a noise to me, is not that great however, maybe it is purposely done like that to get you to feel eager to pick up the phone and leave as soon as possible?

That is how I see it.

Oh and yes, headphones makes it so much better too!
  • cowell 1 Aug 2013 20:57:08 691 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Having finished Thomas was Alone, I've now bought this. I'm not a pc gamer at all so getting it on Vita is perfect. These indie titles are perfect for handheld gaming
  • HiddenAway 2 Aug 2013 21:36:58 14,877 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Apparently a patch for the game has just been released.

EDIT: Patch notes

Edited by HiddenAway at 21:39:38 02-08-2013

On Twitter: @HiddenAway1

• Flying_Pig 2 Aug 2013 22:43:13 10,890 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Oooooooo - I wonder if the previously glitched will pop when I load this up...?
  • addyb 15 Aug 2013 21:05:33 1,046 posts
    Seen 54 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Got this on steam and wondered if the vita version is any different? Tempted to double dip as i love it and wouldn't mind a portable version. Also how much is it?
  • andyc1980 15 Aug 2013 21:22:18 1,094 posts
    Seen 4 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    @addyb 7 Quid mate. Well worth it
  • Gregolution 15 Aug 2013 21:44:28 3,175 posts
    Seen 2 weeks ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Anyone else have issues with game sound when using headphones? All I can hear is music, but no gun shots etc.
  • addyb 15 Aug 2013 21:49:18 1,046 posts
    Seen 54 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    @andyc1980

Will pick this up then. Love the pc version. Hammered it. Frustrating as hell at times but really satisfying when you either take the methodical approach or decide to go all guns blazing. The latter obviously doesn't have a great success rate if its your 1st life on a new level lol.

Edited by addyb at 21:53:36 15-08-2013
  • addyb 16 Aug 2013 00:17:38 1,046 posts
    Seen 54 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Downloaded and got upto chapter 3. That's it for the night. Even though I've hammered the pc version i was getting my ass handed to initially. Just had to get re accustomed to the controls and then soon improved.
  • aros 21 Aug 2013 09:13:23 2,754 posts
    Seen 39 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Can't wait for the sequel!
  • martinthemonkey 21 Aug 2013 15:21:48 429 posts
    Seen 5 days ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Can someone pleeeeeaase give me somes tips for this ie; auto aim, lock on etc. I know you're meant to die a million times but A BILLION??!!! Not enjoying it at all/don't get it and I know I should be.
  • Flying_Pig 21 Aug 2013 15:34:00 10,890 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    @martinthemonkey - take your time. One enemy at a time. Stealth is your friend as you're learning the game. Only use guns as a last resort.

Lock on is useful, but should be used at the expense of a swift kill. Use the right stick to orientate yourself.

The tiger mask (can't remember the name) is also helpful as it effectively gives you unarmed one-hit kills, but also consider other masks depending on your style.

Dying a million times is part of the game.

Stick with it.
  • Zizoo 21 Aug 2013 15:50:51 8,282 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Don't rush in until you know the lay of the land, although sometimes you'll get lucky.

But you will die, maybe not a million or billion times, but die you will.
  • martinthemonkey 22 Aug 2013 12:33:06 429 posts
    Seen 5 days ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    @Flying_Pig Champion, I shall persevere :-]
  • aros 23 Aug 2013 09:11:02 2,754 posts
    Seen 39 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Learn your route - enter a room then dart back behind the door to kill the enemies rushing to get you.
  • Page

of 9 First / Last