Titanfall

• Page

of 142 First / Last

Previous
  • urban 23 Jun 2013 11:35:58 11,070 posts
    Seen 4 days ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Apologies if someones already created a thread for this but I'm only just getting around to combing through the E3 news.

Respawn Entertainments first game Titanfall is looking fantastic no?

X-Bone, 360 and PC announced.

Interestingly it's powered by Valves Source Engine.

Players fight either on foot as free-running "pilots" or inside agile mech-style walkers called "Titans" to complete team-based objectives.[4][5] The game is multiplayer-only, but injects single-player elements such as plot, character chatter, and non-player characters into its matches.
  • jonsaan 23 Jun 2013 11:42:47 25,449 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    My interest in this game has completely gone since I discovered there is no single player at all. Not for me sadly.

FCUTA!

• MrTomFTW Moderator 23 Jun 2013 11:48:02 39,814 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    My interest in this game has increased since I discovered the single player has been intergrated into multiplayer. Sounds interesting!

Follow me on Twitter: @MrTom
    Voted by the community "Best mod" 2011, 2012 and 2013.

• urban 23 Jun 2013 11:48:25 11,070 posts
    Seen 4 days ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    @jonsaan They did make some fair points about that - Being that they are a very small team of only 60 people. Which for a AAA game is tiny.

“We make these single-player missions that take up all the focus of the studio, that take a huge team six months to make, and players run through it in eight minutes,” said Zampella. “And how many people finish the single-player game? It’s a small percentage. It’s like, everyone plays through the first level, but 5% of people finish the game.

“Really, you split the team. They’re two different games. They’re balanced differently, they’re scoped differently. But people spend hundreds of hours in the multiplayer experience versus ‘as little time as possible rushing to the end’ [in single-player]. So why do all the resources go there?

“To us it made sense to put it here. Now everybody sees all those resources, and multiplayer is better. For us it made sense.”
  • Trafford 23 Jun 2013 11:48:57 5,977 posts
    Seen 7 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Heh, thread title typo makes me more interested in the game.

Edited by Trafford at 11:49:57 23-06-2013
  • MrTomFTW Moderator 23 Jun 2013 11:53:39 39,814 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Also, I'll correct your spelling mistake "Titfanfall"? Heh. As well as moving this to general gaming as it's multiplatform...

• Syrette 23 Jun 2013 12:02:04 44,336 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Really like the look of this. Hopefully the 360 version won't be too nerfed as I reckon that'll be my only option.

• fletch7100 23 Jun 2013 12:09:58 7,446 posts
    Seen 4 days ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    The MP campaign sounds just like Brink, with the small difference that Titanfall may actually work :) did enjoy Brink with the potential it had just badly made

Have been reading through the Game Informer magazine article and can't wait for this game.

From GI article

Also Titanfall is meant to be a MP only game that has SP set pieces

So there is Computer controlled characters in the MP matches as well

Game informer mag was saying about one match they played was 6v6 but had "a healthy number of computer controlled grunts fighting on both sides rounding out the ranks. The increased amount of gun toting baddies gives the match the feeling of a large scale skirmish like those in a SP campaign"

Not all of the AI will carry weapons
    Some just go about their business cleaning windows etc
    Military NPCs acknowledge the player as you approach them
    "The idea with the grunts is to make the MP map feel single player alive"
    "They salute you,talk about you,they'll get excited if you're around them and friendly and if you are a bad guy they will get scared. If you are in a Titan they will scatter,run away and scream"
    The grunts are used to orient players after a respawn, pointing you in the direction of the objective or lead players to the front of a firefight.
    You can trail these grunts and use them to draw fire from enemies and slip into a base undetected

"To help set the narrative each level has a prologue and epilogue sequence. In one match we watched players started on a spaceship and descended to the ground to start a battle. At the end of the match players were instructed to move to the extraction point. Making it back in one piece results in a huge XP reward "

"There will be a Campaign Multiplayer( sounds like Brink), traditional style Multiplayer as well as a one player mode that the studio isn't ready to talk about "
  • sherpa1984 23 Jun 2013 12:12:32 306 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Looks interesting. Being a launch game for the XB1 I expect Eurogamer to focus on the negatives come review day, though.

Very surprised it's running on Source- to my knowledge it's never been good at large areas. On the flip side, as a PC player it should support the things you'd expect as a PC game.

Edited by sherpa1984 at 12:14:36 23-06-2013
  • Syrette 23 Jun 2013 12:14:05 44,336 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    A few months ago certain people accused this site of being pro-Microsoft.

Now EG are Sony fanboys and hate MS?!

• MrTomFTW Moderator 23 Jun 2013 12:18:19 39,814 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    http://whoareeurogamerbiasedtoward.tumblr.com/

• fletch7100 23 Jun 2013 12:23:21 7,446 posts
    Seen 4 days ago
    Registered 4 years ago

Edited by fletch7100 at 12:30:20 23-06-2013
  • sherpa1984 23 Jun 2013 12:24:15 306 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    In EG's defense the internet as a whole are hating on MS. Whilst there are definite drawbacks to the XB1, I feel Microsoft could have released an Nvidia-Titan-GPU, i7-CPU-powered console for £100 and people would still rag on it as we still champion the little guy. For example:

- We now hate Blizzard. F*** WoW and f*** Diablo 3!
    - We now hate Activision because f*** CoD!
    - We now hate EA because f*** DLC/now-defunct-passes!

I've started to see hate on Valve/Steam, too.

My issue with Eurogamer's 'generation X/fight the power!' mantra regarding Microsoft is that the bias is so obvious: even from the sub-titles of their articles they're flame for Microsoft. The content makes me raise my eyebrows, as well. Removing the restrictions for the XB1 was a huge boon put I remember reading a recent EG article that said something along the lines of "this will be meaningless unless..." No- take it at face value. Removing restrictions = big win for gamers.

Again, reminder: PC player. Little interest in consoles.
  • urban 23 Jun 2013 12:32:40 11,070 posts
    Seen 4 days ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Think I may have to install Tribes Ascend again just to scratch an itch for sci fi shooters
  • griff_dai 23 Jun 2013 12:41:40 468 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    sherpa1984 wrote:
    Looks interesting. Being a launch game for the XB1 I expect Eurogamer to focus on the negatives come review day, though.

Very surprised it's running on Source- to my knowledge it's never been good at large areas. On the flip side, as a PC player it should support the things you'd expect as a PC game.
    It's not a launch title, it's not out for another year
  • jonsaan 23 Jun 2013 15:12:32 25,449 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    @urban that's fine, but I don't really like MP willy waving games, so it kind of kills my interest. I can see why others would love it.

FCUTA!

• Ror1984 23 Jun 2013 15:22:32 4,275 posts
    Seen 20 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    They've said Spring 2014 for this haven't they? I'm not much of an MP chap (except for the odd game of Halo), but I'm really quite excited for this.
  • stevethemeat 23 Jun 2013 15:34:16 634 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    This looks like its going to be great fun, what they have shown so far looks very smooth, could be an early system seller for the xboxone.
  • Metalfish 23 Jun 2013 16:35:05 8,874 posts
    Seen 5 days ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    This looks good to me, but I have to say I gave up on CoD after MW2, so I've had a long time to become receptive to this style of game again. It still looks /a lot/ like CoD to me and I can't see it feeling all that revolutionary to people who have been consuming every modern MP shooter for the last five years.
  • shamblemonkee 2 Jul 2013 19:26:01 14,664 posts
    Seen 37 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Swept the board at e3 it seems: http://www.gamecriticsawards.com/winners.html

Best of Show
    Titanfall
    (Respawn/EA for PC, Xbox 360, Xbox One)

Best Original Game
    Titanfall
    (Respawn/EA for PC, XBox 360, Xbox One)

Best Console Game
    Titanfall

Best Handheld/Mobile Game
    Tearaway
    (Media Molecule/SCEA for PSVita)

Best PC Game
    Titanfall

Best Hardware/Peripheral
    Oculus Rift
    (Oculus VR)

Best Action Game
    Titanfall

Best Action/Adventure Game
    Watch Dogs
    (Ubisoft Montreal/Ubisoft for PC, PS3, PS4, Xbox 360, Xbox One, Wii-U)

Best Role Playing Game
    The Elder Scrolls Online
    (Zenimax Online/Bethesda Softworks for PC, PS4, Xbox One)

Best Racing Game
    Need for Speed: Rivals
    (Ghost Games/EA for PC, PS3, PS4, Xbox 360, Xbox One)

Best Sports Game
    NHL 14
    (EA Canada/EA Sports for PS3, Xbox 360)

Best Strategy Game
    Total War: Rome II
    (Creative Assembly/Sega for PC)
    Best Social/Casual Game
    Fantasia: Music Evolved
    (Harmonix/Disney Interactive for Xbox 360, Xbox One)
    Best Online Multiplayer
    Titanfall

Best Downloadable Game
    Transistor
    (Supergiant Games for PC, PS4)

Edited by shamblemonkee at 19:26:37 02-07-2013
  • Widge Moderator 2 Jul 2013 19:33:50 13,746 posts
    Seen 4 days ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Post deleted

_ _ _

www.inverted-audio.com

• Widge Moderator 2 Jul 2013 19:33:51 13,746 posts
    Seen 4 days ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Jesus, Elder Scrolls best online RPG? Isn't it meant to be rough and basic?

_ _ _

www.inverted-audio.com

• Deleted user 2 July 2013 22:19:05
    @shamblemonkee

Thanks for the link to the awards. Not sure why Eurogamer haven't mentioned this yet. It would be nice to read a news story that is positive about Xbox One for a change.
  • shamblemonkee 20 Aug 2013 17:53:40 14,664 posts
    Seen 37 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Wow, this continues to look flippin' brilliant.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qzYDrzk1xs4

• ronuds 20 Aug 2013 17:59:55 21,788 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Does look pretty cool! The graphics aren't knocking my socks off, but it's really smooth which is a plus.

Also, for a game about mechs there don't seem to be a whole lot of mechs.
  • MrSensible 20 Aug 2013 18:13:02 25,397 posts
    Seen 25 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I don't think their games are ever that impressive graphically, tbh. They're usually a lot of fun to play, however! It does look like a nice twist on the familiar.
  • Phattso Moderator 20 Aug 2013 18:13:23 13,958 posts
    Seen 9 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    The game, being online/multi focused doesn't appeal to me at all, but in the video EA showed earlier the bit where you hear over the comms "stand by for Titanfall" and then this whacking great Mech gets lobbed in from space... yeah, my inner nerd was doing somersaults and punching the air.

The moving from inside mech to outside world and back again looked really cool also. It'll be interesting to see if it's still cool when you're getting your face shot off while waiting for the extended animations to play out. ;)
  • shamblemonkee 20 Aug 2013 19:02:36 14,664 posts
    Seen 37 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    plenty of time for extra polish. i actually found some of the animation at the start more underwhelming that the gfx fidelity.
  • beastmaster 3 Oct 2013 23:35:00 12,027 posts
    Seen 7 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Lots of official accessories announced by Mad Catz

http://www.highdefdigest.com/news/show/Mad_Catz/Titanfall/Mad_Catz_Announces_Entire_Line-up_of_Titanfall_Peripherals/12734

The Resident Evil films. I'm one of the reasons they keep making them.

• Page

of 142 First / Last

Previous