The Last Of Us - Multiplayer Frolics Page 2

• Page

of 7 First / Last

• ecureuil 22 Jun 2013 17:31:03 76,800 posts
    Seen 8 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    It's really annoying to have a system where you need to perform really well each game then punish the player for random disconnects. It's not my fault the game kicked me for no reason.
  • Folant 22 Jun 2013 18:29:22 1,163 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    To be fair, you don't really need to perform REALLY well, you should be able to maintain your population(outside of losing 100%) mostly by just by crafting and marking out enemies, which whether you're kickass or not, you should be doing anyway.

Posted from my Nexus 4, not using Tapatalk 4.

• ecureuil 22 Jun 2013 18:52:17 76,800 posts
    Seen 8 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    This is annoying. I had 84 survivors, all of them healthy and up until this point I had not failed to make the food grade in any game. I got randomly disconnected from the session, came back to 50 healthy survivors, 20-something sick.

Started another mission with -60%/-20%/-10% population, depending on how you do. I selected total downs required, I needed 15 to clear all three stages.

The first day I got 5 downs.
    The second day I got 10 more to finish the mission. 2 minutes and sudden death at the end, I get a black screen, kicked back to menu.
    Day three of three, and I'm back down to 5 kills again as my previous day has been wiped because I disconnected. It's almost impossible at this point.

I started the third game, managed 9 kills and got 14/15, I'd have easily done this had I not been disconnected. Instead I'm now at only 50 survivors and over half of them are hungry. This sucks. :( Not even sure if it's worth persisting with the multiplayer at this point.

Edited by ecureuil at 18:55:02 22-06-2013
  • psychokitten Moderator 22 Jun 2013 20:53:46 7,794 posts
    Seen 2 weeks ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I'm trying not to take too much notice of the survivors count, as such, and just enjoy it for what it is. I had around 70 survivors, chose my challenge poorly (I had been picking downs/executions, went for revives instead) and lost a big chunk of survivors as we went up against a good (unfairly matched) team.

Still, good fun overall, really enjoying it.
  • FuzzyDuck 22 Jun 2013 21:15:01 4,122 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    @ecureuil

Yep, I magically dropped from 39 to 11 the other day when it kicked me from a game. Was still connected to PSN and able to hop straight back in, so it was obvious I didn't pause it, select 'quit', etc.

If I recall, Uncharted's online also had severe penalties for quitting a game, whether by your own volition or not, very frustrating indeed.
  • neems 22 Jun 2013 22:29:48 1,243 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Mon_The_Biff (I think)

Wasn't sure what to make of this at first, but once I switched from the no respawn mode to the 'waves of reinforcements' mode, it seemed much better.

Had several games last night where my team of randomers would be massively under the cosh for most of the match, before making an unlikely comeback to snatch victory.

Of course I got hammered a few times as well.

Hit me up of an evening.
  • SolidSCB 22 Jun 2013 22:41:35 6,702 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Finished my 12 weeks as a Hunter earlier after a troublesome final challenge. Really enjoying this. The 12 weeks as a Firefly should be considerably easier now I know which challenges to save until last.
  • ecureuil 23 Jun 2013 00:00:12 76,800 posts
    Seen 8 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    psychokitten wrote:
    I'm trying not to take too much notice of the survivors count, as such, and just enjoy it for what it is. I had around 70 survivors, chose my challenge poorly (I had been picking downs/executions, went for revives instead) and lost a big chunk of survivors as we went up against a good (unfairly matched) team.

Still, good fun overall, really enjoying it.
    Well it kinda matters because I'm going to end up back at day 0 if I keep getting booted from games.

Otherwise I'm quite enjoying the multiplayer. My only gripe is body armour, which should not even be in the game imo. Seems to double the health of opponents and makes all my guns feel useless, and it encourages a more rambo gamestyle. I'm shooting people three times in the back only to have them turn around and kill me, even with my upgraded guns.
  • Folant 23 Jun 2013 07:44:15 1,163 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Fight back and get the body armour yourself too. It won't effect the parts to supplies tally at the end of the match, you'll still get all you collected. Get an extra (purchasable) weapon in one of your loadouts too, it'll help a lot if you need to put lots of hurt on an enemy without having to wait for reload.
    (Shotgun and flamethrowers seem to be most favourable.)

Posted from my Nexus 4, not using Tapatalk 4.

• ecureuil 23 Jun 2013 10:53:36 76,800 posts
    Seen 8 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Yeah I do use body armour, after about halfway through most games the other team all have it so you're forced to. I always upgrade my guns first though.
  • Rose-of-Sorrow 23 Jun 2013 18:32:29 501 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Just got another headset-wanker, complaining that I had not exercised his right to be revived. This was for 2 reasons. Firstly: he decided to place himself in the middle of a doorway. Secondly: there was an enemy waiting to shoot anyone who approached said doorway in the face. Rather amusingly, the victim of my most despicable crime then later refused to revive me purely on the basis I didn't revive him.

If you are careless enough to get yourself shot, then don't expect it as a right to get helped out. The amount of times your team looses two tickets purely because someone revives someone while there's enemies. Oh, and it's only a game! :-)

Edited by Rose-of-Sorrow at 18:34:15 23-06-2013
  • ecureuil 23 Jun 2013 18:46:57 76,800 posts
    Seen 8 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Post deleted
  • ecureuil 23 Jun 2013 18:47:32 76,800 posts
    Seen 8 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Why didn't he crawl behind cover?
  • Rose-of-Sorrow 23 Jun 2013 18:58:11 501 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    ecureuil wrote:
    Why didn't he crawl behind cover?
    Exactly!
  • kinky_mong 23 Jun 2013 22:01:51 10,271 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    The multiplayer on this is great, but the matchmaking is appalling. Played some games with two friends who had only just started and I'm only rank 1, and it constantly matched us against teams of 10+ players all with mics.

Needless to say one of my friends will never play it again.

All the eurogamers who actually play with each other on xbl rather than just post pseudointellectual pc handwringing bollocks on the forums, love the shit out of biggy.

• mcmothercruncher 24 Jun 2013 09:51:32 7,068 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Yeah, the level matching is a bit off, and it really shows when you're facing a team that know all the tricks and have all of the perks.

I'm on day 2 of week 12 and am really excited for what will be a total non event of, erm, starting again, soon. It's ridiculous this stuff matters ;)
  • X201 24 Jun 2013 10:15:52 15,370 posts
    Seen 22 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    kinky_mong wrote:
    The multiplayer on this is great, but the matchmaking is appalling. Played some games with two friends who had only just started and I'm only rank 1, and it constantly matched us against teams of 10+ players all with mics.

Needless to say one of my friends will never play it again.

My feelings exactly.
    The frantic multiplayer seems totally at odds with the stealthy, slow paced single player.

And the crapness of the matchmaking only adds to the problem. :(
  • kinky_mong 24 Jun 2013 10:20:13 10,271 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    See I think the multiplayer is so good because it's not that frantic, if you run around trying to lone wolf you will die very quickly. But if you take it slow and constantly scavenge you stand a much better chance, and it definitely encourages proper team play, just a shame it's on a console that didn't come with a headset as a standard so there's little communication with randoms.

All the eurogamers who actually play with each other on xbl rather than just post pseudointellectual pc handwringing bollocks on the forums, love the shit out of biggy.

• Progguitarist 24 Jun 2013 10:28:29 10,439 posts
    Seen 23 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Frantic? I've not had one frantic game. It's always been slow and considered.
  • X201 24 Jun 2013 11:06:06 15,370 posts
    Seen 22 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Clarify:

I didn't mean frantic in terms of the gameplay, I meant it in terms of understanding the game.

What am I supposed to do?
    How come I shot him in the head and he survived?, yet he killed me with one bullet.
    Where did he get that gun from?
    How did he get body armour?
    What store?
    I need more time to look through the store before it throws me back into a game.

It just throws too many things at you from the start, hence frantic. I'm frantically trying to understand things and getting shot or blown up every 5 seconds before I can get a handle on it.
  • psychokitten Moderator 24 Jun 2013 15:32:34 7,794 posts
    Seen 2 weeks ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Who would be up for a little EG organised session sometime this week? It's 4v4, I reckon we can get 8 bodies into one game and just have a bit of fun. I know Weak Orbit is in :p

I've got a headset I can set up (don't normally use it on the PS3, but you folks aren't randoms).

@X201 - to access the store while you're alive (in game), hit Select and then R1. You should see ammo for your pistol, ammo for your big gun, and armour under that. You can buy them once you have enough parts points.
    It does throw quite a few things at you, with the crafting as well.
  • kinky_mong 24 Jun 2013 15:35:10 10,271 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    I'd definitely be up for an EG session on it, although I don't have a headset for the PS3 if that's a problem?

• psychokitten Moderator 24 Jun 2013 15:39:04 7,794 posts
    Seen 2 weeks ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Nah, I haven't been using a headset at all so far, I suspect most dont have headsets either.
  • Rose-of-Sorrow 24 Jun 2013 15:42:39 501 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I'd be up for a game, haven't got a headset though.
  • kinky_mong 24 Jun 2013 15:51:14 10,271 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Cool. Although it has just occurred to me that I actually do have a headset if I can work out how to get a Turtle Beach X12 to work on the PS3.

• SolidSCB 24 Jun 2013 15:55:25 6,702 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    I'm up for it if it happens. Got a headset too!
  • Angry_Man_Dan 24 Jun 2013 15:58:02 170 posts
    Seen 4 minutes ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    I'd be up for this too, also have a headset as well if it helps!

PSN / NNID -Angry_Man_Dan

• psychokitten Moderator 25 Jun 2013 10:42:34 7,794 posts
    Seen 2 weeks ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Tomorrow (Wednesday) or Thursday any good for peeps?

If anyone wants to add me, on PSN I'm saikokitten
  • SolidSCB 25 Jun 2013 15:11:24 6,702 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    I'll probably be around on both days, would be good to get a full lobby!
  • mcmothercruncher 25 Jun 2013 15:19:39 7,068 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Just lost all of my survivors middle of week 12- feel my pain!!!
  • Page

of 7 First / Last