Previous Next
  • NuY 15 Jun 2013 03:04:29 1 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    I'll just leave this here...
  • oconnomiyaki 15 Jun 2013 03:15:44 245 posts
    Seen 10 months ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Saw this yesterday. My biggest problem with it is that the premise is flawed. Steam doesn't indicate cheaper titles or more convenience. Blacks Ops 2 sold for more than you could get it for in the shops. Four sales a year where games from half a decade ago are $5 is not a glittering example of game prices trending downward because of digital distribution.

If anything, with only a single channel with no competition, I expect them to increase. Stores here were selling The Last of Us for less than cost price. Do you think that will ever happen on PSN?
  • Folant 15 Jun 2013 03:23:09 1,166 posts
    Seen 1 minute ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    His last point sums up what people should be feeling.

That said, it's obvious what Microsoft wants to do, like he said, own the living room. But they're going about it the wrong way. They did great building a fan base with the x360,and any changes made in that direction should have been made gradual, bit by bit, rather than fucking over their customers in so many ways in one huge fucked up "whee there it goes, bye bye"

I don't feel any hatred towards Microsoft with what they're introducing with the Xbox One. I'm just sad that their console won't be entering my flat and I'm gonna do my best to try and convince people I know who want one to not get one.

They've let their customers down when they need them most (start of a new hardware generation). Even if it all gets turned around, the stigma is always going to be there and they're gonna have to do a lot if grovelling to get a lot of people back on board.
    Think Japan style, hanging their heads in disgrace.

Posted from my Nexus 4, not using Tapatalk 4.

• ardamillo 15 Jun 2013 03:30:03 523 posts
    Seen 4 days ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Yeah at the moment it's looking like PS4 first, then after a few years, if MS actually succeeds in making something like Steam, I'll pick up an Xbox.
  • jonsaan 15 Jun 2013 06:02:16 25,352 posts
    Seen 16 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I really hate the 'Game fuck you on trade ins argument.'

If you are really into trading, you know the market and trade games with a high value or games that you will simply never play again. You make them beat the CEX price and quite often actually get more for a game than you paid for it.

FCUTA!

• spongebob 15 Jun 2013 06:23:28 245 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    If they come up with a plan that enables single player games even if your internet is down for a while (more than 24 hours - maybe couple of days at least?) I am sold and getting the Xbox One. I am interested in the new innovations and ideas.

I really think people don't remember that MS evolved X360 a LOT during the years. This will probably happen with X1. So it's a process and it's not the final product when it ships. This means it's getting better, not that it's somehow flawed then.
  • lucky_jim 15 Jun 2013 06:30:45 5,294 posts
    Seen 8 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Does anyone really believe that this is some philanthropic attempt by MS to bring cheaper games to the masses? If so, where's their announcement of a significantly reduced RRP for games? What's that? They're going to be 40-50 like they have been on every new console? Who'd've thunk it.
  • Page

of 1

Previous Next