Trade in 360 for PS3 Page 4

• Page

of 4 First / Last

Next
  • Sharzam 26 Jun 2013 20:26:56 2,882 posts
    Seen 7 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    When it comes to general electronics i dont buy from eBay. Whether it be a mobile phone, tv or games console its just not worth the hassle and general wear and tear they get. You have no idea what type of house hold they have come from and so children may have shoved toast into slots and stuff.

However games are a different matter you can get some really good bundles of games on ebay and discs dont age assuming no/limited damage. Particular good if your trying to catch up on a generation and just want to bulk buy for the ps3. Whenever i have broken my rules i have been let down for example a couple of months ago i saw a bundle of Wii stuff on eBay with 15 games, console, controller + tat for 80 i figured was worth the risk. While everything was accounted for the general condition was terrible, i mean honestly who sells a games console and doesn't even bother to clean it.

Edited by Sharzam at 20:28:00 26-06-2013

Known as 'Sharzam' in 98.5% of games

• PhoenixFlames 26 Jun 2013 22:27:56 9,011 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Council Estate scum are a dirty breed. A dirty breed with access to the Internet to sell their shite.

PSN - phoenix1flames

• Trafford 26 Jun 2013 22:52:14 5,791 posts
    Seen 42 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Bigoted as well.
  • Kay 27 Jun 2013 11:44:43 17,894 posts
    Seen 31 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Can you install PS3 games and then run them off the HDD, like the 360, so that there's no disc noise?

Edited by Kay at 11:44:57 27-06-2013
  • thefilthandthefury 27 Jun 2013 12:04:41 25,021 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I was trying to figure that out myself last night. Don't see an option anywhere to do it... though the PS3 I just bought is so bloody quiet. Can't hear the thing, I was shocked. My Blu-Ray player is infinitely louder.

May just be this one mind.
  • dsmx 27 Jun 2013 12:12:45 7,605 posts
    Seen 8 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    No, you can't install and run games to the system hard drive. Few games install some data to the hard drive, most infamously MGS4 but not that many and it's generally only an option when you start the game up.

As I understand later titles didn't need to as they took to putting data on the blu ray disk in such a way that it would do a continuous read across the disk as you played the game to reduce the need for the laser to move about the disk. Usually meant the initial load was fairly long but you got no load screens after that.

"If we hit that bullseye the rest of the dominoes will fall like a a house of cards, checkmate." Zapp Brannigan

• Kay 27 Jun 2013 12:16:41 17,894 posts
    Seen 31 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    thefilthandthefury wrote:
    I was trying to figure that out myself last night. Don't see an option anywhere to do it... though the PS3 I just bought is so bloody quiet. Can't hear the thing, I was shocked. My Blu-Ray player is infinitely louder.

Which one did you get, Super Slim? Apparently that one's quite a bit noisier than the old Slim model. Which is concerning if you can't run games off the hard drive...
  • Armoured_Bear 27 Jun 2013 12:19:10 11,275 posts
    Seen 3 minutes ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    thefilthandthefury wrote:

Do you live on a motorway?

XBL : ecosse011172
    PSN : ecosse_011172
    NNID : armoured_bear

• thefilthandthefury 27 Jun 2013 17:33:54 25,021 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Well it's a launch model, though I think they may have done something to it to make it quieter. It's not too bad at all.
  • TheBlackDog 30 Jun 2013 10:45:27 394 posts
    Seen 29 minutes ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Well, I caved and bought a second hand 320 Gb Slim with 6 months guarantee (and till receipt). When I sell the Far Cry 3 and Borderlands 2, plus the camera and Move gubbins that came with it, it should work out to have cost me 115 for the console and controller.

Anyone thinking about swapping their 360 for PS3, or just getting a PS3 for the first time, I'd definitely say go for it. Before the PS+ games roll-over to July's new games, I managed to nab a few PS3 exclusives that I've been desperate to play (ICO, Shadow Colossus, Demons Souls, plus Uncharted 3) plus X-Com and a few others.
  • northernlights 8 Jul 2013 09:57:01 658 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I am interested in maybe selling my 360 to maybe get a PS3 for a year for moving on to next gen. Looked at my 360 last night and I have 37 digital games from small XBLA games to may full xbox games of demand releases. seems such a waste to get rid of the 360 looking at this.
  • Wolves1877 8 Jul 2013 11:18:11 405 posts
    Seen 4 days ago
    Registered 1 year ago
    northernlights wrote:
    I am interested in maybe selling my 360 to maybe get a PS3 for a year for moving on to next gen. Looked at my 360 last night and I have 37 digital games from small XBLA games to may full xbox games of demand releases. seems such a waste to get rid of the 360 looking at this.
    If you still use it them keep it but if not you may as well off load it all.

• TheBlackDog 8 Jul 2013 11:45:27 394 posts
    Seen 29 minutes ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    @northernlights Yeah - thats what I thought. I've got so much stuff on my Xbox that I might want to play in the future - plus lots of stuff like State of Decay I haven't even bought yet. I just caved and bought a PS3 for various exclusives and PS+ because I wanted to have it NOW. Its purely dependent on personal circumstances, preferences, etc, I'd get both as they are both worth owning.
  • Page

of 4 First / Last

Next