Pro Evolution Soccer 2014 Page 33

• Page

of 37 First / Last

• Deleted user 23 December 2013 17:52:42
    I spent an hour or so trying to play this, the last time being my "I hate this game so much" spiel so a couple of months ago.

2 games into it it was looking promising. And then it began. The bullshit. Playing at home and getting 30% possession with 30+ interceptions. Home against Man U and they hit the post, guess what, their player there for the tap in....

I don't think I've ever been angry at a game in my long life, but PES124 is pushing me very fucking close.

Bullshit game, get your game in order Konami, this years version is embarrassing.
  • Deleted user 23 December 2013 23:37:43
    @Ironlungs76

I've initially had issues and big rants with the way the game setup is presented, but having spent 90% of my time with the game redoing the performance training (over and over) and getting used to the advanced controls, I'm really loving the new Pes 2014 engine that powers the game.

I've now manage the dribbling cone drill with just under 12secs to spare and the other attacking setups have become fun and second nature to use the controls and skills. If I can just avoid getting distracted by other games and go from training to play full games for a few nights each week for 2 weeks then I'm sure I'll have finally transitioned to version.
  • FuzzyDuck 24 Dec 2013 01:53:56 4,922 posts
    Seen 18 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Are the keepers on this still broken beyond belief?
  • Deleted user 24 December 2013 14:08:41
    Come on Fuzzy, not that old chestnut again? They are superior keepers to any version of Fifa I've ever played; including the PS4 version. So if you like Fifa's keepers, then you'll learn to prefer PES' keepers in time. Play through the performance training attacking drills and see if you think the keepers are broken when playing the AI.
  • FuzzyDuck 24 Dec 2013 16:52:13 4,922 posts
    Seen 18 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    You're joking, right? It's a legitimate question though - I'd pick this up again for some local multiplayer jollies if they patched the keepers. I'm a veteran of the entire PS2 era of PES, the keepers are very much broken on this, and my PES playing chums agree.

For what it's worth, I have Fifa 14 on PS4, and while it isn't perfect, it gets far more right than PES 14 does.
  • Punctum 24 Dec 2013 17:13:56 1,045 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 1 year ago
    I would love it if they re released PES6 with tarted up visuals on the PS4, and added a (working) online mode.

Then my football needs would be sated.
  • FuzzyDuck 24 Dec 2013 17:29:45 4,922 posts
    Seen 18 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    @Punctum

This is very true. I've got a PS2 hooked up over component - guess what myself and some of my old PES buddies will be at over Christmas :D
  • Punctum 24 Dec 2013 18:50:48 1,045 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 1 year ago
    @FuzzyDuck
    Never had more fun with any football game before or since.

Great game.
  • FuzzyDuck 25 Dec 2013 01:32:45 4,922 posts
    Seen 18 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    @Punctum

Same as, played an obscene amount of it over the winter it came out. The week after it came out, I moved in with a lad who also happened to be a complete PES head. We had the local pizza place on speed dial for most PES nights, and they knew our order just from the address.

Even Christmas that year (2006) one of my mates got a 360, but I ended up the old brick of a PS2 round to his gaff; the 360 was literally shoved in a box under the couch while PES 6 dominated the place from the 26th til New Years.

Good times.
  • Deleted user 29 January 2014 20:45:39
    OK, so some time for a bit of a change of stance on my hatred for this version.

Long story short: I won Premier League at a canter in my first year up (bear in mind playing Normal owing to bullshit AI as I described since launch). Won the FA Cup too.

Had a few quid to spend and bought some cheap decent players (75-80) plus a lucky splurge on Giggs (15% chance and got him first try at 16yo).

Ever since the game has been gravy. Long-range shots seem to be going in (with anyone not just the new guys), possession seems to be less of an issue as does passing accuracy.

My continued hatred of the rabid AI tackling borrows on at pace though, as does my hatred for the psychic interceptions. At least the %age of interceptions seems to have dropped from 1/5 to 1/3 judging current match stats.

TLDR: the initial Master League guys are wank and you are punished for it no matter how well you play. Their lack of development irks me but, praise the gods, finally PES seems playable again this year.

I've already bumped it back up to Top Player and seem to be faring much better even if my new guys don't play...
  • Dougs 12 Feb 2014 15:05:47 69,529 posts
    Seen 12 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    2nd patch is out:

http://www.pesfan.com/blog/2014/02/12/pes2014-new-patch-released-2/
  • Nades 12 Feb 2014 22:45:24 1,680 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Doesn't fix anything though, kinda annoying as this could of been a great game. As it is though its pretty poor for me. Just hope they concentrate on making PES 15 as good as possible!

Edit: I meant doesn't fix anything gameplay wise....

Edited by Nades at 22:46:26 12-02-2014

Liverpool FC
    _______

XbL: Nades x
    PSN: EU-Nades

• Stockings 14 Feb 2014 22:48:10 1,124 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Hmm the latest patch has improved the game imo ,it's made the shooting a bit more powerful, the 'keeper doesn't just pluck your 30-yarder out of the air like it was nothing anymore and the CPU seem a bit more varied with the ball.

It would be helpful if they told us though FFS
  • Deleted user 17 February 2014 16:38:29
    @all of the above:

I hadn't realised that the patch had any affect on gameplay of any variety excepting Online.

I'm up to 2017 on my Master League and it's certainly far more enjoyable these days than what it was with the default guys, but there again the difficulty levels are completely screwed. Normal is too easy, Pro is too annoying and Top Player nigh on impossible.

I've gotten over my initial hatred for the game, but only after 4 full seasons, that's a hell of a learning curb for a PES veteran.

I love it and hate it in equal measure. If only they could remake PES5 with this model.
  • Nades 17 Feb 2014 20:26:09 1,680 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    That would be a dream. I honestly think there'll never be a Football game as good as PES5.

Liverpool FC
    _______

XbL: Nades x
    PSN: EU-Nades

• Deleted user 24 February 2014 21:26:35
    It's actually really good fun these days.

What a twat that the first few seasons have to be so abominable, that said I'm now up to season 2018 and World Cup year beckons, yay.

Horrid, horrid learning curve leads to a rather decent game (ML ways anyhow).

4 months Konami, that's how long it's taken for the ball to drop and for me to enjoy your game. That's got to be some sort of record for a long-term fan? Best I get in practice now for next year's installment?
  • Deleted user 3 March 2014 19:28:09
    Grrrrrr, you can only take so much bullshit rebounds and intercepts....

10/10 shots on target home against Villa. Lost 0-1. Untackable guy picks the ball up in their half and waltzes down the park unchallenged by my defence.

Their goalkeeper gets a 7.0 rating. Really? Is that all?

Fun vs pleasure. An uneven contest in my eyes. At least I got the chance to manage Spain in the upcoming WC18...

Edited by Ironlungs76 at 19:29:01 03-03-2014
  • superbob85 3 Mar 2014 20:22:56 2,822 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 10 months ago
    Really enjoying this but it needed the updates and the game speed upped a bit. Currently in my 2nd season on master league finished 3rd and won the cup last season looking for the title this year.
  • jablonski 4 Mar 2014 12:33:57 4,871 posts
    Seen 5 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Just bought this - wish I had read some of the hatred on here first!

Got given FIFA 14 and it pissed me off massively. So sluggish - online is a joke too.

Was hoping PES would be good this year as the demo was free-flowing and felt pretty natural.
    Shame the latest comments on here are so negative!
  • Deleted user 24 March 2014 13:33:57
    And so it goes into 2019 season. Got a pretty decent team on the rosta, a team ranking of 85 and currently 11th in the overall world rankings.

The likes of Gerrard, Zannetti, Etto and Lampard etc have been re-born and instantly snapped up by the AI (the AI appears to have first dibs on selecting which reborn players they want).

Currently on my way to a quantuplet of Trebles (is that a word? - 4th back-to-back Trebles anyhow).

The constant cheating AI never ceases to amaze me, last season Man City got 96 points to my 98 in the PL, never once did they miss a beat to give me breathing room and the only 2 games they lost all season were to my all conquering Newcastle side.

25yd+ blasters are few and far between, as ever, the AI seems to have a knack of ALWAYS winning lose balls and their tackling is nigh on savant levels.

Other than that I'm enjoying it in the main but still through gritted teeth at what could have been.
  • Dougs 24 Mar 2014 13:37:18 69,529 posts
    Seen 12 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Quartet, at a guess!
  • Deleted user 24 March 2014 13:37:51
    That's far better :D
  • Mattuk123 27 Mar 2014 14:21:25 140 posts
    Seen 3 months ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    New patch has definitely improved the shooting can hit screamers now, everything feels more responsive/better but will need to play more.

Apparently this is going to be free on psn plus next month.

Edited by Mattuk123 at 14:23:33 27-03-2014
  • AMD500 28 Mar 2014 15:13:12 154 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    As seen as this is free on PS Plus from Wednesday, I thought I would download an option file ready. Any suggestions on the best one to use? Can't remember which one I used last year.
  • Dougs 28 Mar 2014 16:32:37 69,529 posts
    Seen 12 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    GTM all the way. Although I think there are issues with the new data pack and some of the player faces. Check out PES World:

http://www.gtmpesworld.com/
  • robc84 28 Mar 2014 16:43:49 6,085 posts
    Seen 5 minutes ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    I'll be picking this up on ps+ week too \o/

For option files, I used this guy's for 2013 and it worked fine.

Looking at that thread though it seems Dougs is right. The option files need updating for the new data pack.

Edited by robc84 at 16:44:14 28-03-2014
  • robc84 3 Apr 2014 10:52:40 6,085 posts
    Seen 5 minutes ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Having some trouble downloading that option file I linked to. It's an .rar file and it doesn't seem to be extracting correctly.

Dougs,

I think the one you linked to is a zip file right? That would be much easier. But it seems to want to download something called ilivid or something. Is that right? I assume that's safe?

I think I may wait until I get home and try it there rather than at work!
  • Dougs 3 Apr 2014 10:56:04 69,529 posts
    Seen 12 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Nah, I wouldn't DL that!
  • Page

of 37 First / Last