Pro Evolution Soccer 2014 Page 29

• Page

of 37 First / Last

• Deleted user 4 October 2013 10:29:32
    binky wrote:
    HairyArse wrote:
    We put the joypads down and watched it for 30 seconds. They weren't buffered presses.
    Really sounds like coach mode if you can do that!
    It was definitely playable it just seemed to take over if we did nothing.
  • Deleted user 4 October 2013 10:30:31
    @HairyArse

No, I wasn't implying that. I'm saying when you are in control,then press pass; unless you immediately press L1 the AI already starts planning how it is controlling your team in that (options) scenario and starts its own moves.

@nickthegun

If only you were smart enough to understand before being an offensive twat eh?

Well lets think about this one. The file gets half through for some users then reports a broken file. Now either they are using the p2p network download (instead of direct server) and a iffy peer is corrupting the download or something specific about their network stack is impacting reliable transfer; if others like me have successfully downloaded with zero problem.
  • freedumb 4 Oct 2013 11:21:12 1,112 posts
    Seen 14 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    vizzini wrote:
    @freedumb

That is just flat out wrong.

Dedicated servers make a small difference to the level of latency we are discussing, it is the result of telecoms packeting switching through about 4 or 5 hops minimum with packet fragmentation.

In a lab type experiment setup you could get it down to about 40ms with high QoS dedicated VPN bandwidth from a point in Australia to to mainland Europe for gaming. So EA could probably get it down from 150ms to 100ms (with dedicated servers). But this is still the internet and high QoS bandwidth from two distant points is still limited and too expensive for console gaming.
    I'm not a network expert, so if it's not dedicated servers then fine.

Al I know is that when I played FIFA online 9/10 games were lagless, as smooth as offline play wherever my opponent was in the world. Thats not the case with PES. You either get small bouts of regular lag or lag every other game, which is not good enough in 2013.

AS mentioned, they have enough money to invest in dealing with the problem. Most other online games that work properly aren't doing something so rare and unique and expensive that makes it impossible for Konami to implement regular, smooth onilne play.

I cany pop in any number of online games now and play them fairly smoothly most of the time, but PES is an exception. That is from Konami's end, and it shouldn't be impossibe to fix/improve, if they could be bothered to. It happens on the pc as well with PES so its not limited to consoles.

Edited by freedumb at 11:26:13 04-10-2013
  • elstoof 4 Oct 2013 11:36:00 7,763 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I love pseudoscience.
  • binky Moderator 4 Oct 2013 11:40:47 9,706 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    @HairyArse Fair dos. Far be it from me to tell you how you played the game you played :)

Sounds like the reps should have been keeping a closer eye on setup though.
  • Deleted user 4 October 2013 11:46:14
    It was weird. We were definitely in control but when we stopped pressing buttons or using the stick it definitely played itself. We then just turned all assists off and played in hardcore mode and were terrible. Apart from my ridiculous free kicks.
  • Dougs 4 Oct 2013 16:53:00 68,474 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    THFourteen wrote:
    Dougs wrote:
    It's all about Master League surely? Play a league until Championship teams are available...
    But thats just dull. you play 38 games and then just quit.

At least with a career mode you can move on to the next year and do transfers and stuff
    So start a Master League with the different team to normal or something? I haven't played fifa for a few years, but agree PES is severely lacking in game modes and polish. Even without licences.
  • THFourteen 4 Oct 2013 20:26:47 33,885 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Fuck it bought FIFA as well.

Mrs will never notice the difference...

Well in total I spent £47.99 which is the price of one game if I bought it in a shop... right... RIGHT?
  • dnbuk 5 Oct 2013 03:10:35 4,956 posts
    Seen 35 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Online is still pretty much perfect on PC but the keepers are still shit.
  • Deleted user 5 October 2013 10:10:38
    @dnbuk

My local opponent lastnight was coming off the back of a 6year break from all console gaming. Just after an hour of completing the performance training, he was up to speed and saving and scoring against me in the 4games we played. Of all the 10 goals scored across those games, none were goalkeeping clangers and many great saves were made.

The game engine is nearly perfect(except for too many team mate collisions) imo, so I just suggest it is specific to the PC version or like everyone else over the years blaming "shit" keepers, you just need to improve defensively.
  • Deleted user 5 October 2013 10:30:04
    @dnbuk is there plenty of people to play on the pc version?
  • FuzzyDuck 5 Oct 2013 15:27:57 4,364 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    vizzini wrote:
    @dnbuk

The game engine is nearly perfect(except for too many team mate collisions) imo, so I just suggest it is specific to the PC version or like everyone else over the years blaming "shit" keepers, you just need to improve defensively.
    There you go again saying people don't know how to defend and there's nothing wrong with the keepers.

There's already been enough people saying it on this small forum for it to not be an anomaly/personal taste, never mind the exact same thing being said all over other sites.

If it walks like a duck and talks like a duck...
  • Nades 5 Oct 2013 16:25:25 1,396 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Most people hate the keepers, it was the #1 issue which was given in feedback to Konami, so I would expect a tweak. For me they're too good from range and awful from close...

Liverpool FC
    _______

XbL: Nades x
    PSN: iNaades

• FuzzyDuck 6 Oct 2013 00:33:54 4,364 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    That's good to hear, I might pick it up again in the New Year after a few patches, but sold it yesterday before it looses its value.
  • dnbuk 6 Oct 2013 03:23:25 4,956 posts
    Seen 35 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    @bitch_tits_zero_nine I only really play online at weekends when my mate is over and we go 2 up online and we have no problems matching up against other pairs so I assume there's a shed load of single players too.
  • GREASYL0VER 6 Oct 2013 07:00:30 127 posts
    Seen 1 month ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    I bought this after loving the demo, and whilst I fully acknowledge that it plays the better game of football this year (compared to FIFA), and is almost back to the PES I distantly remember, and knew and loved ... online completely breaks it for me.

If all I did was play this in the same room as my mates, like we used to 10/15 years ago, it would be fantastic, but given that we've all moved on and have other commitments, 95% of my multiplayer is online and for that FIFA wins hands down, no comparison.

As a result, I'll be trading PES in, keeping FIFA and settling for a not quite as good football game, but something I'll at least enjoy online.
  • Deleted user 6 October 2013 11:01:52
    dnbuk wrote:
    @bitch_tits_zero_nine I only really play online at weekends when my mate is over and we go 2 up online and we have no problems matching up against other pairs so I assume there's a shed load of single players too.
    Cheers.
  • Anthony_UK 6 Oct 2013 11:46:42 2,511 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    GREASYL0VER wrote:
    I bought this after loving the demo, and whilst I fully acknowledge that it plays the better game of football this year (compared to FIFA), and is almost back to the PES I distantly remember, and knew and loved ... online completely breaks it for me.

If all I did was play this in the same room as my mates, like we used to 10/15 years ago, it would be fantastic, but given that we've all moved on and have other commitments, 95% of my multiplayer is online and for that FIFA wins hands down, no comparison.

As a result, I'll be trading PES in, keeping FIFA and settling for a not quite as good football game, but something I'll at least enjoy online.
    This x 1,000,000
  • Deleted user 6 October 2013 23:28:20
    So, I've downloaded and installed the wenb option file on ps3, is there supposed to be no club badges or sponsorship logos on the players during a game?

Cheers
  • Dougs 7 Oct 2013 11:49:09 68,474 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Grab the GTM one instead from PES world...
  • Deleted user 7 October 2013 12:37:21
    Thanks very much.
  • Dougs 7 Oct 2013 12:42:18 68,474 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    The finished one is awesome, stadiums, teams and leagues across Europe, the lot. Quite where he finds the time, I have no idea.
  • Deleted user 7 October 2013 12:53:48
    Yeah it's amazing tbh. The amount of work.
  • LionheartDJH 7 Oct 2013 14:35:37 19,492 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    @Dougs Thanks for the heads up, used GTM last year and it was great, didn't realise it was out yet. One quick question; are the transfers updated to the end of the window? I haven't started an ML yet as Konami haven't deigned to update them yet.

She dives for cheese pasties

• Dougs 7 Oct 2013 14:38:05 68,474 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Konami haven't done any yet. GTM has done some of the bigger moves, but not all (Higuain is still at Real, for example)
  • SolidSCB 9 Oct 2013 15:47:31 6,932 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    So I finally downloaded the arseache of a Data Pack so I could use the WENB option file and decided to try a game online, holy shite.

This is the worst game I've ever played online, by a country mile. The lag is hilariously bad. I'd be embarrassed to be associated with developing the online side of this game, it is absolutely terrible.

Which is a shame. As a few others have said, the days of having people round to my house to play games together are largely over, so I rely on online to play games with† friends. Unfortuntely, I and most of my friends find Fifa to be a piss poor excuse of a football game so we can't really use it as a substitute as others have.

This could have been the ultimate football game. The gameplay is spot on barring the goalkeepers (much better pre-patch btw) but without a decent online component it falls a bit short. If they can fix the online, happy days.
  • dnbuk 9 Oct 2013 16:27:31 4,956 posts
    Seen 35 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    PESEDIT patch 1.0 is out for PC. Includes full Bundesliga among other things.
  • Dougs 9 Oct 2013 16:56:20 68,474 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    @SolidSCB Sounds exactly the same as the last few years then.
  • Stockings 9 Oct 2013 20:23:14 1,063 posts
    Seen 2 weeks ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Post deleted
  • Page

of 37 First / Last