Pro Evolution Soccer 2014 Page 26

• Page

of 37 First / Last

• Nades 29 Sep 2013 15:23:15 1,184 posts
    Seen 10 minutes ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    I think by November when all the updates come, PES will be brilliant this year :).

Liverpool FC

• fergal_oc 29 Sep 2013 20:53:55 2,763 posts
    Seen 16 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Meh - after playing both demos this year I thought I'd make the transition back to PES after leaving it following PES6.. How wrong was I!

It just feels broken - keepers are a mess, the AI are stupid. Putting the onscreen indicators on helped a bit which made me think it was me but then after a game or two I could see that things just weren't happening as the indicators were showing.

Compound that with an inability to download the data patch on 360 - I've tried 5 times, and it's back to FIFA I go.

I just get the impression that Konami just don't give a fuck about making a great football game.
  • Deleted user 29 September 2013 21:36:08
    @fergal_oc

I haven't tried it on the 360, but you aren't describing the game I'm playing on the Ps3.
    I'd recommend you stick with it, Fifa 2014 seemed pretty average in visuals and playability compared to this version of PES. The game is much harder this time than before, but it will make you smile when you pull off some great piece of interplay.
  • Nades 29 Sep 2013 22:49:50 1,184 posts
    Seen 10 minutes ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Main problems: Keepers are terrible, shooting is floaty, and the scripting is so annoying, sometimes it's like the game chooses who wins.

On the good side the passing is fantastic and amazingly smooth, really rewarding and enjoyable to simply pass the ball around. Also, FIFA is too repetitive, it's like scoring the same goals and playing the same matches every game! EA don't make any effort to make to AI enjoyable to play against. PES on the other hand is different every time which is really important when playing offline, which I prefer more.

Liverpool FC

• FuzzyDuck 29 Sep 2013 22:57:13 4,009 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    @vizzini

fergal_oc's description sounds the same as my experience with the PS3 version.

Looking forward to selling off this pile of rubbish!
  • Deleted user 29 September 2013 23:41:10
    @FuzzyDuck

Well it isn't in my case, so what controller support settings and team are you using? I still might be struggling to score as frequently as I'd like. But when things go wrong I believe it was me pressing the wrong inputs now. I play with a custom camera, zoom at zero, angle at two and maximum height to give it a classic PES feel.

Shooting is probably still my biggest problem in games, the defending is easy and super effective imo, but when shooting I tend to drive the ball too low or not give it enough power because of lack of space to get a shot off. But the lovely little features like opening the shot out by teeing it up first with a little R2 + R-stick feels brilliant when it comes off.

Stick with it. You can only get better at it.
  • Gruff 29 Sep 2013 23:46:39 2,850 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    FuzzyDuck wrote:
    @vizzini

fergal_oc's description sounds the same as my experience with the PS3 version.

Looking forward to selling off this pile of rubbish!
    Yep, I think we get the message by now.

“It's not easy to find happiness in ourselves, and it's not possible to find it elsewhere.”
    ― Agnes Repplier

• dsmx 30 Sep 2013 00:17:04 7,583 posts
    Seen 16 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Always find it interesting when people complain about the floaty shooting in PES, in PES there has always been far more to shooting then simply pressing the shoot button.

"If we hit that bullseye the rest of the dominoes will fall like a a house of cards, checkmate." Zapp Brannigan

• FuzzyDuck 30 Sep 2013 01:20:46 4,009 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    @vizzini

The only thing I've changed in the controller settings is the through-ball. I'm using the advanced shooting and it works a treat.

Team-wise I've been using Barcelona for a Champions' League game, and the ML default players in the ML. Playing on Top Player, I certainly know my way around PES and difficulty isn't the issue.

Keepers, horrible scripting, A.I. is occasionally woeful and broken online are my main beef.
  • Dougs 30 Sep 2013 07:09:19 67,034 posts
    Seen 4 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    And yet you're still playing. :)
  • monkeyspasm 30 Sep 2013 08:36:52 2,774 posts
    Seen 24 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    There seems to be a lot of negativity in here! I haven't experienced any issues whatsoever yet, really enjoying it.

I moved to FIFA for 07 after playing PES since the ISS Pro days, although I did like PES 6.

I think this is easily the best football game I've ever played, mind you I've not had any daft keeper mistakes. The core gameplay is terrific though, as others have said the passing is fantastic. I'm so bored with games playing out exactly the same over and over in FIFA.

9/10 for me, easily.

Edited by monkeyspasm at 08:37:38 30-09-2013
  • FuzzyDuck 30 Sep 2013 09:14:39 4,009 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Dougs wrote:
    And yet you're still playing. :)
    I know! It's simultaneously the best and near-worst footie game I've ever played! :D

Edited by FuzzyDuck at 09:14:52 30-09-2013
  • Cannon_Fodder 30 Sep 2013 09:47:07 216 posts
    Seen 2 months ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Gruff wrote:
    @Stockings Cheers, didn't even know those two sites existed, trustworthy? Damn you for foiling my life of crime :)
    I used Dragon about a week ago. They sent me an email with a link to the installer (which I had to put in a password to decrypt) and the email contained an image of the serial which I swear was just a photo of the back of the instruction manual.

Technically I guess they have provided a digital copy and the site is genuine, it just felt a little dirty.

Got my PC copy patched already so I can play in the proper strips. I see no lag like what has been described earlier. I think that may have something to do with the compatibility of his machine.

Twitch TV: http://twitch.tv/drunk_geordie

3DS: 3196-3686-5181 (Cannon)
    Xbox Live: CannonFodderDOS
    PSN: DrunkenGeordie

• northernlights 30 Sep 2013 12:12:16 653 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Think I am going to buy Pro Evo this year for the first ever time after being with Fifa for a very long time.

Reading about the option file which changes all kits/ names etc. I play on xbox 360. I assume that we are expecting this to be released very soon, yeah ???

I just google 'daymos' to find it yeah ?
  • SolidSCB 30 Sep 2013 16:46:20 6,514 posts
    Seen 14 seconds ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Bollocks to it, I'm buying this after work. I'm craving a football game now the new season has started and Fifa has quite simply never cut it for me as far as a decent game of football goes. Enjoyed the few games I played in the demo for this so I'm hoping it translates into a decent long-term purchase.
  • Dougs 30 Sep 2013 16:59:11 67,034 posts
    Seen 4 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Yeah, Daymos is available from PES world.
  • LastAngryMan 30 Sep 2013 18:29:58 35 posts
    Seen 17 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    I have to agree that I'm surprised with the negativity on here. I've really enjoyed the game and while the keepers do have their moments, it's far far better than previous years, and nowhere near as game braking for me as it appears for some. There seems to be a weakness at the front post, but aside from that, the only howlers have been when an opponent has shot from within 10 yards which would usually be a goal anyway.

In saying that, I'm on Professional and playing a Master League - perhaps playing other competition modes, on Top Player, against better teams, the keeper faults are more noticeable?
  • -Metro 1 Oct 2013 05:47:38 10 posts
    Seen 5 months ago
    Registered 11 months ago
    Are option files with proper names and kits available for the Xbox 360 version? And how good is the online multiplayer on Xbox Live?
  • Dougs 1 Oct 2013 06:37:33 67,034 posts
    Seen 4 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    See PES world for Daymos option file for 360. Not tried online, but suspect it's shit.
  • THFourteen 1 Oct 2013 09:05:34 33,108 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I think the issue with the keepers is that generally thwy are ok but now and then they will do something ridiculous.

I had one where the ball hit szezny in the face, he fell over, the ball hit him in the leg and went over his head, and then rolled toward the goal and he jumped to get to it only to push it straight into his net.

It was comedy gold.
  • Dougs 1 Oct 2013 09:27:46 67,034 posts
    Seen 4 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Standard fayre then.
  • SolidSCB 1 Oct 2013 10:28:18 6,514 posts
    Seen 14 seconds ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Not had any of that keeper stuff myself yet, in fact they have been pretty decent! Had about 10 games or so last night. Started a Master League as Man Utd and I've loved every second so far. Every game has been really competetive. Couple of issues with sluggish menus and a bit of stutter when the ball goes out of play but nothing game-breaking.

I still havent got to grips with the movement yet. I seem to get muscled off the ball quite a lot as I'm not using the sprint button quickly enough, but once I've adjusted I can see this getting a lot of playtime.
  • captbirdseye 1 Oct 2013 11:05:53 4,845 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Is it the new morale system making the keepers crap? Also, what shooting settings do people use?
  • SolidSCB 1 Oct 2013 11:34:02 6,514 posts
    Seen 14 seconds ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    I've switched to standard for both shooting and through balls. I tried about 3 passes with that marker thing flying off out of sight before I decided enough was enough. The shooting thing is pointless to me too. I'm too busy looking at the player that has the ball to see the target thing on the goal.
  • Cannon_Fodder 1 Oct 2013 11:42:58 216 posts
    Seen 2 months ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Dougs wrote:
    See PES world for Daymos option file for 360. Not tried online, but suspect it's shit.
    Where is it? I can only see the PS3 file.

Twitch TV: http://twitch.tv/drunk_geordie

3DS: 3196-3686-5181 (Cannon)
    Xbox Live: CannonFodderDOS
    PSN: DrunkenGeordie

• spindle9988 1 Oct 2013 11:44:42 3,523 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Bad online is the main reason I left pro in the 1st place. Pro evo 6 ran perfectly online so I have no idea how they managed to fuck it up so badly
  • Dougs 1 Oct 2013 12:50:24 67,034 posts
    Seen 4 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    @Cannon_Fodder looks like the link is on the forum...

http://pesworld.freeforums.net/board/6/2014-xbox-option-file-feedback
  • FuzzyDuck 1 Oct 2013 12:52:53 4,009 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    captbirdseye wrote:
    Is it the new morale system making the keepers crap? Also, what shooting settings do people use?
    That's a good point. Where can you view the player's morale?

Advanced, haven't played a PES in years so can't remember what it was like, but I can place shots pretty good with this.
  • captbirdseye 1 Oct 2013 13:00:21 4,845 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    @FuzzyDuck Not sure but it does change in game depending on your performance i think.

I just find advanced a bit floaty and can't seem to evee get any power behind my shots.
  • Dougs 1 Oct 2013 14:11:38 67,034 posts
    Seen 4 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Morale is shown by more 'heart' on a player icon. I. E., the more red they are, the better.
  • Page

of 37 First / Last