Pro Evolution Soccer 2014 Page 25

• Page

of 37 First / Last

• Dougs 26 Sep 2013 20:25:43 69,125 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    StarchildHypocrethes wrote:
    Having played this for a few days now, I've come to the conclusion that this is a pretty shit excuse for a football game.

Trade bait it is, then.
    Aaaw man. Why so?
  • Nades 26 Sep 2013 20:48:01 1,617 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    It's not a bad game, just gets let down by stupid things.

Liverpool FC
    _______

XbL: Nades x
    PSN: EU-Nades

• killersrquiet 27 Sep 2013 11:16:48 2,119 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    I've only played the FIFA and PES demo's (too busy with GTA5 to play another game)

PES wins hands down on the field. The range of passing, pace, control of the game etc are more realistic than Fifa. The shooting isnt great and in general i feel the ball is a lacks weight. This is very evident when a player chests a ball and it bounces high.

Where the game lets itself down to its shame is everywhere else. Terrible PS1 era menu's laggy manager screen, poor licences, extremely poor player faces (patch incoming i know)

The biggest comparison i can provide between PES and Fifa is quite simply. In PES you control the football, in FIFA it always feels like the AI is playing the game and your just helping it along ITs a very automated and robotic experience, not to mention the insane amount of scripting that EA constantly deny.

I cant really say which footie game i would get this year, probably none as PES online is crap and i prefer online. Its a definate improvement over PES 2013 and thats probably all we can expect at this stage.
  • freedumb 27 Sep 2013 14:14:14 1,112 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    andijames wrote:
    The problem i have with it is turning and close control. I'm so used to playing fifa so keep trying to turn back and trap the ball with L2 (LT) and turning so slow that a truck driver would be horrified by the time it took! I can't get my head around the right stick - left stick jinky stuff to move the ball away from people
    Because the default dribble speed is now the old R2 slow dribble (still not sure if this was a good idea as I thought the contextual foot placement dribbling in 2013 was very good) I think its a matter of varying these 3 basics:

-Medium speed dribble - Hold R1
    -Close control dribble - default speed/releasing R1 to slow down and make tighter turns
    -Create space - tap R1 once and maybe change direction

-Sprint dribble - tap R1 twice 

I'm concentrating on getting used to the combination of the first 3, the 4th is only needed if you have a big space to run into.

Edited by freedumb at 19:53:33 27-09-2013
  • trampstar 27 Sep 2013 14:54:16 70 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Thinking about grabbing this for PC, can anyone give any insight to how it plays online? If its as laggy and unplayable as previous PES' then I'll pass.
  • Deleted user 27 September 2013 17:14:25
    Got the game(PS3) yesterday while out shopping for food. The use of a few reward points took the price down to less that £26, so pretty happy with that.

I've only played through all the training drills so far (and a single league game), but already the game seems to have great depth compared to playing the demo.

The game was quite noisy from the blu-ray, so an install was essential. Downloading/install the data pack1 took longer than expected(10min) using the dedicated http server but it worked, which is probably the main thing. Using the advance features of the engine looks a lot harder than all the other versions of PES I've played hard; 2009 probably being the last version I've played a decent amount. So quite looking forward to getting a chance to play some local opposition soon to really see how it handles.
  • dnbuk 27 Sep 2013 17:50:39 4,958 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    @trampstar Haven't had much lag on PC at all (Played about 20 matches) But sometimes there's an annoying delay when you go to pass / shoot and it doesn't respond for about 5 seconds.
  • superdelphinus 27 Sep 2013 18:45:12 8,125 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Isn't that exactly lag
  • trampstar 27 Sep 2013 20:02:22 70 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    @dnbuk Ahhh, hope they fix it. It's £17.99 on Greenmangaming, seems like a steal
  • Nades 27 Sep 2013 23:31:04 1,617 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Well I don't think I can play this game until Konami fix the awful keepers. Just got kicked out of Copa Libertadores in the knockout rounds 3 times in a row thanks to my keeper. This time he just stood there while the ball was right next to his feet, WTF?

Heard that all these patches like the transfers won't happen till November too, Konami really know how to make people want to move over to FIFA don't they?

It's annoying because gameplay wise, this plays amazing and it has that addictiveness that PES hasn't had for a long time, but the keepers are killing it for me :(.

Liverpool FC
    _______

• FuzzyDuck 28 Sep 2013 04:17:09 4,736 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    @Nades

Came in to post the exact same thing (same competition and stage of!).

I keep coming back to it and I keep rage quitting it.

It's sitting on the swapsie thread, and I might see what I can get for it on Sunday in town, raging I paid full whack for this.
  • strictlyt 28 Sep 2013 08:38:04 3 posts
    Seen 7 months ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    I am surprised at people moaning about the keepers as it is what kept me playing Fifa instead of PES 2013. I think while far from perfect, the keepers are a massive improvement over last year.
  • zisssou 28 Sep 2013 09:16:30 607 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    What I like about PES is that I feel like I can play my passing game that I enjoy doing. I can take time to control and look for passes. Last year with FIFA I never felt that I could play my passing game, as the A.I just wouldn't let me. The demo didn't seem like it had improved things.

Sure FIFA has the vast presentation etc, but I bought PES on PC and downloaded the pesedit patch and have everything I wanted out of a football game.. well aside from the German leagues.
  • Gruff 28 Sep 2013 09:36:52 2,941 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Is there a downloadable version of this? Don't want another disc, my shelves are creaking already.

“It's not easy to find happiness in ourselves, and it's not possible to find it elsewhere.”
    ― Agnes Repplier

• Syrette 28 Sep 2013 09:38:37 44,101 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Yes mate... it's called a torrent ;)

• Gruff 28 Sep 2013 09:47:56 2,941 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Heh, well if they make me to do it, I will, market forces and all that

“It's not easy to find happiness in ourselves, and it's not possible to find it elsewhere.”
    ― Agnes Repplier

• Nades 28 Sep 2013 13:06:33 1,617 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    FuzzyDuck wrote:
    @Nades

It's sitting on the swapsie thread, and I might see what I can get for it on Sunday in town, raging I paid full whack for this.
    To be honest mate, my advice would be to just keep it for now, hold onto it untill the updates happen and Konami do a gameplay patch too! At the moment theyre taking feedback from forums....

Liverpool FC
    _______

• FuzzyDuck 28 Sep 2013 13:13:13 4,736 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    @Nades

Not a bad shout...

Any forum in particular that they defo feedback from?
  • Stockings 28 Sep 2013 13:40:36 1,104 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Gruff wrote:
    Is there a downloadable version of this? Don't want another disc, my shelves are creaking already.
    Gamesplanet

GamingDragons
  • LastAngryMan 28 Sep 2013 14:06:20 37 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Nades wrote:
    FuzzyDuck wrote:

To be honest mate, my advice would be to just keep it for now, hold onto it untill the updates happen and Konami do a gameplay patch too! At the moment theyre taking feedback from forums....
    I remember they "fixed" the keepers in 2012 with an update that forced all shots straight down the middle. Hope they don't do this. Raises implications when they change a game that some people are happy with post release.
  • Deleted user 28 September 2013 14:15:58
    For anyone having issues with their goalkeepers, I would first suggest you do the goalkeeper training drills and look at the input list for goalkeeper commands to rule out user error.

However saying all that, there is definitely a problem with getting user control of the goalkeeper easily when the AI hits you on the break with a high defensive line; short of using unassisted cursor.

Only last night did I think I was using circle to brink the keeper to make a very specific save type and the game interpreted the input as defender doing a sliding tackling. The red card and penalty certainly weren't ideal. I've since tried with unassisted cursor, but the AI is so fast in automating one-twos and passes, you endup doing rapid fire on the change character button to stay in control.

Is anyone else finding the advanced through-ball mechanism a bit unwieldy? My problem starts with not knowing where the through-ball cross hair will emerge on the pitch, so guiding it gives you almost no time or control. Ideally they change advanced mode to be activated by double press and hold triangle, then release when set and have a (highly transparent) through-ball cross hair permanently displayed in the grass for the player on the ball.

I am also still finding I can't pull off feint skill moves outside of training, except using double press R3. Anyone got any useful hints to slowly integrate one or two useful ground based ones into play?
  • Gruff 28 Sep 2013 14:46:16 2,941 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    @Stockings Cheers, didn't even know those two sites existed, trustworthy? Damn you for foiling my life of crime :)

― Agnes Repplier

• Nades 28 Sep 2013 15:02:13 1,617 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    FuzzyDuck wrote:
    @Nades

Not a bad shout...

Any forum in particular that they defo feedback from?
    Well, I use OnlyProEvolutions.com, the owner of the site sends a document with feedback to Konami...

Liverpool FC
    _______

• TOOTR 28 Sep 2013 15:07:25 9,644 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Was thinking of jumping back to PES from FIFA this year but reports don't seem to be pushing in that direction.

Maybe neither is worth picking up this year if you have older versions?

BinaryBob101 wrote:
    The Danger Mouse reboot worries me a great deal.

• FuzzyDuck 28 Sep 2013 15:14:24 4,736 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    vizzini wrote:
    For anyone having issues with their goalkeepers, I would first suggest you do the goalkeeper training drills and look at the input list for goalkeeper commands to rule out user error.
    A weak shot travelling straight at the keeper that gets parried into the goals instead of being gathered up is down to broken A.I., nothing else.
  • FuzzyDuck 28 Sep 2013 15:18:03 4,736 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    @TOOTR

Konami are on the verge of regaining the old PES magic with this, but it feels horribly unfinished in places.

I'd say it's worth keeping an eye on it for patches and maybe grab it in the Christmas sales, but in it's current form and pricing, a purchase isn't recommended.
  • TOOTR 28 Sep 2013 15:19:05 9,644 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    @FuzzyDuck Cheers - sounds like good advice!

BinaryBob101 wrote:
    The Danger Mouse reboot worries me a great deal.

• FuzzyDuck 28 Sep 2013 15:24:39 4,736 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    @TOOTR :)

It really is close to being brilliant though. The midfield scraps and passing is really great. I've gone back to it every single day over the last week as it's got that old PES addictiveness, but ragequit every single session because the keepers are beyond a joke.

And I know it's not just me and a few more here as lots of other people are complaining about it on other forums too.
  • Nades 29 Sep 2013 14:14:37 1,617 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Yeah, I keep going back to it everyday too, even know I keep saying "I'm just gonna stop playing this until all the updates are done" I keep coming back though, which is really a good sign!

Liverpool FC
    _______

• Deleted user 29 September 2013 15:05:13
    FuzzyDuck wrote:
    vizzini wrote:
    A weak shot travelling straight at the keeper that gets parried into the goals instead of being gathered up is down to broken A.I., nothing else.
    Have you disabled the game's emotion engine option in those games?

If a goalkeeper is on down arrows and is in negative emotion state from user mistakes, it is possible a goalkeeping clanger is the result of really good AI.

But I agree with your general point. It does feel like they are on verge of making football games amazing again.

Edited by vizzini at 15:06:05 29-09-2013
  • Page

of 37 First / Last