Infamous: Second Son Page 37

• Page

of 41 First / Last

• kadooosh 16 Apr 2014 13:23:20 1,425 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    gooner77 wrote:
    JiveHound wrote:
    On my expert evil run and so far it's really easy.

Can't help feeling that with more development this could be a real contender. The combat loop and powers are real fun. There's just not much to the rest of the game.

I hope there is a fourth outing though, there is definite potential.
    I found my 2nd playthrough on Evil Expert far more enjoyable than the first. I would still say Infamous2 is the bestof the series
    I just came on to ask this, what's the difficulty spike like from normal to expert? I'll be playing as evil 2nd time around
  • martinmitrovic 16 Apr 2014 14:28:56 3 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 7 months ago
    I really liked this game, brilliant graphics, fun, and it has a nice story, tho i would liked to see the option to enter buildings, and perhaps just walk around and meet up with some of the people you meet during the story would been nice with more side missions. And there was one thing i reflected over, the shadows, to bad they could not find more rendering time for the shadows, that shadow LOD is to inconsistent.
  • folami-123 16 Apr 2014 16:26:13 2 posts
    Seen 3 months ago
    Registered 6 months ago
    @kadooosh There is really a very small difference (I've platinumed the game) the main differences are that there is are not enemies on the radar unless your doing a district showdown and that enemies attacks do more damage and are harder to dodge or escape from but it doesn't really make the game that hard. If you can complete it on normal then you can complete it on expert just as quickly
  • kadooosh 16 Apr 2014 19:12:23 1,425 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    @folami-123 sweet, hoping this is my first platinum!
  • jambii267 16 Apr 2014 19:51:02 1,366 posts
    Seen 6 days ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    On your Hard playthrough just make sure to pick up as many Blast Shards as you can be befored with. Upgrading your powers will make it much easier.

Good Luck with dat Platinum.

NNID: Jambii267 PSN: Dr-Jambii 3DS: 0216-0806-8561

• time4heroes 17 Apr 2014 14:15:54 40 posts
    Seen 3 months ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    really enjoyed the game,just got my 2nd ever platinum from it too! Now to the origami missions.

PSN: Time4Heroes

• Darren 17 Apr 2014 22:55:09 8,869 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Has anyone got the new patch yet as mentioned here?

http://www.videogamer.com/ps4/infamous_second_son/news/infamous_second_son_patch_introduces_photo_mode_2.html

I played the game earlier and no patch has been downloaded as I couldn't see a 30 FPS option.

PS3, PS4, PS Vita, Wii U, Xbox One, PC (Intel Core i7-4770K, 16 GB, 4 GB EVGA NVIDIA GeForce GTX 980 SC, Windows 8.1 Pro), iPad 4, iPad mini with Retina Display.

• ecureuil 17 Apr 2014 23:15:32 76,877 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    It's definitely out, the PS4 subreddit is full of images from the photo mode. Looks pretty cool.
  • gman7714 18 Apr 2014 00:05:02 298 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Just switched my PS4 on and its downloading it now.
  • Vortex808 18 Apr 2014 00:07:09 7,217 posts
    Seen 9 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    I got the patch earlier too.
  • Whizzo 18 Apr 2014 01:13:04 43,160 posts
    Seen 1 minute ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Patch is very nice, the photo mode and time of day shift is very good, the FPS lock made it feel a bit sluggish so I prefer it off.

rig" target="_blank" rel="nofollow">Full size.

Edited by Whizzo at 01:13:39 18-04-2014

This space left intentionally blank.

• irrelevanthuman 18 Apr 2014 01:26:52 369 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Just got to the boss for the third power. Wow, my tolerance for boss fights has really eroded over the years and I really can't be arsed with it anymore. Says more about me than the game which has been nicely made in general.
  • Furtive_Pygmy 18 Apr 2014 05:12:49 991 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 7 months ago
    @irrelevanthuman

I was also thinking perhaps it's me at fault and not the game but I'm not so sure. I love Dark Souls and don't really have a problem with the multitude of bosses in those games, but in Second Son I find them really annoying and tedious. In fact, pretty much any time combat was involved I think I let out a small sigh.

Anyway, finished this game yesterday and put it straight on Amazon. Not what I would could an enjoyable experience, even though I enjoyed the previous games.
  • ardamillo 18 Apr 2014 05:34:58 523 posts
    Seen 19 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    The boss fights were the low points of the game for me too. What I liked about combat was being able to dash around the environment so fast, to find good vantage points, pick off enemies or retreat. But the boss fights took all that away by taking place in dull arenas. And they were so unnecessary!

Still, worth persevering IMO since I had fun with the rest of the game.
  • irrelevanthuman 18 Apr 2014 09:19:12 369 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    @Furtive_Pygmy

Agree about Dark Souls, and on reflection, I enjoyed the boss fights in Bayonetta and Zelda too. In those games, the boss fights are a seamless extension of gameplay or reveal a new gameplay element.

@ardamillo

As you say, another example of a boss fight jarring with the overall gameplay- tedious.

Edited by irrelevanthuman at 09:19:40 18-04-2014
  • Darren 18 Apr 2014 09:50:38 8,869 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Framerate feels a lot more consistent with the 30 FPS cap enabled, although it still has split second hitches from time to time when dashing around. Still, the framerate is a big improvement so I'm glad they added the option. The new Photo mode is also fun to play around with. Need to finish this game now...

PS3, PS4, PS Vita, Wii U, Xbox One, PC (Intel Core i7-4770K, 16 GB, 4 GB EVGA NVIDIA GeForce GTX 980 SC, Windows 8.1 Pro), iPad 4, iPad mini with Retina Display.

• Paulie_P 18 Apr 2014 09:53:14 415 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Have to agree with the other posts here, I just did the third power's boss last night and it was just a war of attrition rather than using any skill.

The bosses are just bullet sponges and it's just a matter of having the patience to whittle them down.
  • SomaticSense 18 Apr 2014 12:33:57 8,457 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    The bosses were shit. Doubling the game up with DkS2 really highlights how slack many western devs are when it comes to them, and how the Japanese have mastered the 'end of level beast'.

The game in general is excellent. A massive umprovent over the second. The combat is wonderfully freeform and kinectic, and you genuinely feel like a powerful badass.
  • ecureuil 18 Apr 2014 12:48:19 76,877 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Apart from the screen going grey every time you take a hit, forcing you to retreat.

Edited by ecureuil at 12:48:37 18-04-2014
  • killersrquiet 18 Apr 2014 13:38:48 2,020 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    The photo mode is a great addition, can even play the game with no HUD as well. Nice to see a developer actually adding features the community requested.
  • Furtive_Pygmy 18 Apr 2014 14:29:45 991 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 7 months ago
    ecureuil wrote:
    Apart from the screen going grey every time you take a hit, forcing you to retreat.
    Urrgh that pissed me off the entire game. It felt like I could hardly take any damage at all and the enemies were bullet sponges, the balancing was all wrong.

Edited by Furtive_Pygmy at 14:30:23 18-04-2014
  • Vortex808 19 Apr 2014 01:08:54 7,217 posts
    Seen 9 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    WTF is this pish? Final boss battle glitches after a cunt punt and the boss disappears. This better not be ballsed up when I quit and reload.
  • Humperfunk 22 Apr 2014 00:31:55 2,257 posts
    Seen 17 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Really blitzed this today, completion percentage went from 19% to 70% by the time I was done! Hugely enjoyable. Been sidelined whilst I finished FFX HD so great to really get stuck in! Imagine I'll finish it before the weekend, might do the evil playthrough too.

PSN, XBL & NNID: Wedjwants

• figaro7 26 Apr 2014 01:31:40 1,364 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    As my first PS4 game i was impressed, more so with the graphics than with the game itself, although the game is fun in its own way. The developers gave you some nice tools to play with but the playground was dull and repetitive.

Coming from Saints Row 4 when it was a released there is similarities in both, both have dull maps but saints row threw out some silly skyscrapers worth scaling and some really bizarre story missions. Where as this missions in this, apart from a boss battle and the final level were boring.

What i didnt gather is that why you were building up these abilities and gaining some snazzy powers, every enemy still felt like a bullet sponge and the grey screen of death was too frequent to really feel like a badass.

Currently mopping up the side missions and they are ok, its speaks volumes about them when one of the best ones is a spray painting mini game.....

Gameplay wise i enjoyed the abilities, upgrades and combinations of using both and the urgency of having to find the correct power source to switch abilities, but even then that was frustrating in itself during intense gunfights.

A competent game overall and can be fun at times, but its short, repetitive and lifeless as well, the graphics do help though.
  • Dfua82 26 Apr 2014 08:44:51 7 posts
    Seen 2 months ago
    Registered 8 months ago
    Finished the paper trail, the last part came out last night.

Enjoyed doing them but the reward is really underwhelming. It did reveal more about the story which was pretty interesting. None of it makes up for having to do that defrag mini 'game', whoever came up with that should be locked away and forced to play it repeatedly until they repent or go insane.

Edited by Dfua82 at 08:54:41 26-04-2014
  • b0rk 29 Apr 2014 07:12:57 2,772 posts
    Seen 9 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    The 30fps option is not being saved between sessions and it keeps defaulting back to unlimited. >(
  • PrivateFloyd 6 May 2014 09:25:10 4,150 posts
    Seen 14 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Really enjoying this.

Quite amazing we are seeing this level of graphics so early in the gen.

What can we expect in 3 years?

Goat is hungry.....

• SomaticSense 6 May 2014 10:39:27 8,457 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    B0rked_Gamer wrote:
    The 30fps option is not being saved between sessions and it keeps defaulting back to unlimited. >(
    I don't see the need for the 30fps lock at all to be honest.

The game plainly looks better with the faster, more fluid framerate. And very, very rarely have I experienced any frame drops of note.
  • killersrquiet 6 May 2014 11:17:47 2,020 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    SomaticSense wrote:
    B0rked_Gamer wrote:
    I don't see the need for the 30fps lock at all to be honest.

The game plainly looks better with the faster, more fluid framerate. And very, very rarely have I experienced any frame drops of note.
    I agree but it was one of the most requested features that SP received. No idea why the game runs great imho
  • killersrquiet 6 May 2014 11:19:23 2,020 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    100% completion on the good campaign, moving onto evil now.

The photo mode is a touch of genius, i hope more games follow suit and add something similar
  • Page

of 41 First / Last