Tom Clancys - The Division Page 180

• Page

of 182 First / Last

• GarlVinland 22 Aug 2017 09:47:36 2,328 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    @Red_Bool You get silly dance emotes now too so you can gather a team of 4 and put on dance shows in the DZ for people if you like. :)

Finished the global event with all 3 classified sets incomplete, only managed 5 out of 6 pieces each. RNGesus screws me again!
  • Captain_Toad 27 Aug 2017 12:17:34 389 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 10 months ago
    Is there a global even currently on?

I must admit am confused about this. How do I know if it's on and how do I know if I get a piece of classified gear?
  • GarlVinland 27 Aug 2017 13:22:05 2,328 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Nope it finished last week. It's one week a month, there's a shop in the Terminal at HQ that's open when it's on, it's shuttered at the moment.

You can still get classified gear though, it will just be a lot rarer. More likely from named bosses in the open world, I had a piece drop after the event finished.

Also there's only 3 sets introduced so far, Lone Star, Deadeye and Final Measure. Next month is Striker, Sentry and Reclaimer, much better sets.
  • Captain_Toad 27 Aug 2017 13:25:13 389 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 10 months ago
    Striker is the set I run 4 pieces with at the mo so will definitely get on the global event next time!

Are the pieces easily identified?
  • GarlVinland 27 Aug 2017 13:28:44 2,328 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Same, gonna have to grind like a madman next month!

They're not easily identifiable, it's annoying. When you view them in the inventory they look the same as gear sets except for a folder icon by the name. Just be extra careful selling those three sets!
  • Captain_Toad 27 Aug 2017 13:53:32 389 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 10 months ago
    @GarlVinland Irritatingly, I thought I had a reason to go back and play the division but with no global event on I cant be bothered :/
  • BiggerBFG 27 Aug 2017 15:29:07 1,260 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Legendary missions are interesting. Pity there are only 3. Heroic Dragon's Nest is achievable too.
  • ozthegweat 29 Aug 2017 19:25:01 1,634 posts
    Seen 54 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    I've now played for a few hours, seems quite alright. I have some decent gear and weapons now, so combat is actually fun by now.

Quick question: what does the GPS toggle in the map do? I don't see any difference on the map when enabling or disabling it.
  • Frogofdoom 29 Aug 2017 19:35:56 6,246 posts
    Seen 51 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    When its on it gives a line to something you marked on the map or an objective. Shows as a thin orange line on hud

Edited by Frogofdoom at 20:18:16 29-08-2017
  • BiggerBFG 29 Aug 2017 20:07:45 1,260 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    ozthegweat wrote:

Quick question: what does the GPS toggle in the map do? I don't see any difference on the map when enabling or disabling it.
    there's no difference on the map. it's shows the way to your way point when roaming the streets.
  • ozthegweat 29 Aug 2017 20:20:08 1,634 posts
    Seen 54 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Ah! Thanks to you two. I must have clicked an even number of times when trying the option, else I would have noticed that change myself.
  • crashVoodoo 16 Sep 2017 10:14:35 5,551 posts
    Seen 26 minutes ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    free weekend on steam. Played it for a few hours last night up to the Madison field medical mission before turning it off after dieing too many times to a stupid elite with a LMG.

i'd wrote it off last night as a bit dull with too much checkpoint running round but i'm wanting to play it again today. is it worth the 15 notes for solo/story play or shall i just move on ?

Edited by crashVoodoo at 10:16:04 16-09-2017
  • RGeefe 16 Sep 2017 10:41:14 104 posts
    Seen 31 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Paid about a tenner for this on an Amazon sale ages ago. played an hour but didn't get into it. will try another time.
  • BiggerBFG 16 Sep 2017 11:22:07 1,260 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    this game is amazing! just keep playing over the free weekend before buying.

i'm still playing it since launch Mar-16 on XB.
  • Blackmarsh63 16 Sep 2017 11:51:15 1,099 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    @crashVoodoo I played it mainly solo on release and and really enjoyed it.
  • blobs 16 Sep 2017 12:08:53 547 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    It's worth Ł15 if you have a friend to coop with.
  • crashVoodoo 16 Sep 2017 12:27:13 5,551 posts
    Seen 26 minutes ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    I'll probably be solo only as my mates are all on console.

I'll keep playing and see if it gets more hooks in me before deciding.

Edited by crashVoodoo at 12:32:42 16-09-2017
  • barchetta 17 Sep 2017 11:38:13 1,661 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    Sort if in the same boat teally - trying this on PC after playing an hour or two on XB1 back at time of beta.

Certainly a graphical step up and I'm liking the kb/m more the controller (still weening myself off that for some games sonce returning to PC).

Trying some slightly higher level missions (I was lvl 5 - mission was lvl7) was quite challenging solo.

May be up for some coop if I have the time as I guess it must add quite a good tactical dynamic to the game witjout having to play safe and gaming the game by falling back to bottlenecks etc to kettle the AI and pick them off more easily.
  • crashVoodoo 17 Sep 2017 21:41:34 5,551 posts
    Seen 26 minutes ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    @barchetta I'll try some co op with you on some evenings if you fancy. I've just purchased it after trying it again with kb&m this afternoon.

OH is working evenings/nights for next 3 so Ill be about to put some time into this.
  • pacrifice 17 Sep 2017 23:05:30 4,221 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    @crashVoodoo

Yeah, worth it! I enjoyed it, it was fun. Graphics are just wow and the detail, there's so much detail.
  • barchetta 18 Sep 2017 09:46:16 1,661 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    @crashVoodoo

Sounds good, should be around sometime over the three nights at least. Just dropped for the game but not the season pass - probably more than enough to be getting on with.
  • crashVoodoo 18 Sep 2017 10:52:10 5,551 posts
    Seen 26 minutes ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    @barchetta exactly same, base game only
  • Anthony_UK 18 Sep 2017 11:54:53 2,910 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Loved this at launch, but quickly got distracted. I'm console only and after noticing that this is on the Xbox One X list of games due for a graphics upgrade, I think I'll hold off for a few months and give it another go.
  • crashVoodoo 18 Sep 2017 23:22:06 5,551 posts
    Seen 26 minutes ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    holy fuck it gets hard solo. just done a level 8 mission as lvl7 looking for tainted bills and had to cheese a flamethrower heavy up and down some escalators.

had no bullets left and had to finish him off with the pistol
  • barchetta 19 Sep 2017 00:09:09 1,661 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    Managed to get an hour or so in tonight just to get into things a bit - think that mission was in the department store? The boss was pretty much stuck a floor below me for that one - picked him off but felt a bit cheap really with me shooting and moving. Certainly feels quite tricky when up against a few levels above your own. Met 4 lvl 10s when I was at lvl 7 (went wandering into the higher difficulty areas) and they do take a lot more punishment and give out more too.

Just completed a mission which yesterday, whilst at lvl6 felt very tricky but now at lvl8 it was more straightforward. I guess I could choose to up a mission level - maybe it brings better rewards but quite liked feeling more powerful and able to take down enemies more quickly.

Still feel like I'm being assaulted with stats/trinkets. I guess that's the nature of the beast - not expecting much story - but enjoying the ambience of the city all the same.
  • crashVoodoo 19 Sep 2017 01:49:51 5,551 posts
    Seen 26 minutes ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    @barchetta what's your steam I'd. Just realised your not on my list so I'll never see you come online.

Yeah there's a lot of stuff coming at you that you need to take in and I'm slowly getting my head around it.

Finally found a groove I'm happy with weapon wise. Main is a G36C and a Carbine for snipey stopping power. Also, loving my little turret to generate agro so I can flank or nade the enemies.

Edited by crashVoodoo at 01:51:26 19-09-2017
  • crashVoodoo 25 Sep 2017 19:07:32 5,551 posts
    Seen 26 minutes ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    Proper enjoying this. Love the gunplay loop. Even if I never play it again after the story I feel I'll have got my money's worth.

Just dinged lvl 19 and have my first purple submachine gun.
  • GarlVinland 25 Sep 2017 20:00:25 2,328 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Glad you're enjoying it. I love the game too. It got a lot of flak but I think they're mostly fixed the biggest issues and it's a tremendous game now.

Coming from Diablo, what do you think about the way they handle loot? It's definitely much improved from the state at release.
  • crashVoodoo 25 Sep 2017 20:23:22 5,551 posts
    Seen 26 minutes ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    @GarlVinland I didn't realise the way they worked at first and then it just clicked. Getting the right number values to trigger the talents on the weapons.

It's alright loot wise and as with other loot games I love the power lift when I get a better version of the weapon type I'm favouring.

I'm kinda sticking to similar weapons/styles. AR/SMG as primary and then a marksman rifle as the ALT. Not really using the pistol slot, only in absolute dire "oh fuck he's close" ...bang bang bang moments.

I do know from diablo that it's best to just play it through before you get involved in end game and builds so I'm just doing my own thing and then I'll deal with whatever is the outcome at the end.

I like that that it's all changeable though and I haven't skilled myself into a corner.

Not been in the DZ yet but I did get some cryptkey things that I spent for some cosmetics, got a stylish ski jacket in pink/blue

Edited by crashVoodoo at 20:25:24 25-09-2017
  • barchetta 25 Sep 2017 22:26:57 1,661 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    @crashVoodoo

Sorry, Last week has been hectic (work/hospital visiting) so co-op was off the cards.

Did get time to play at some ungodly hour Friday night and almost met dawn Saturday.

Around Level 15/16 iirc. Enjoying the gunplay too even if I'm sticking to my SCAR too much.

Looks lovely - not quite ultra but close and maintaining nice smooth 60fps. Spent so long with pads in tge padt that I had cramp from keyboard but getting the hang of things now.

Nice to go back to some lower level areas and finish dudes with single headshots and shoot gas tanks before exploring some areas above my level and turning corner to face guys with skulls over thair heads!

May get chance evenings this week.

Steam: BarchettaTK
  • Page

of 182 First / Last

Sometimes posts may contain links to online retail stores. If you click on one and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.