To people who eat really spicy food Page 2

• Page

of 6 First / Last

• Tonka 5 Jun 2013 12:18:29 19,840 posts
    Seen 4 days ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    B0rked_Gamer wrote:
    I've never had this burning bum thing at all, even when I was a kid eating vindaloo but then I am a badass.

/badass pose
    Oi! I'm the one with the bad ass!

If you can read this you really need to fiddle with your forum settings.

• neilka 5 Jun 2013 12:22:43 14,942 posts
    Seen 39 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    If only we had some kind of expert on ass temps on the forum...
  • quadfather 5 Jun 2013 12:25:08 10,549 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    If you de-seed the chilli's before cooking, that can help. Deckard is right, it is the seeds. Nature created them so that when birds eat chilli's, the seed doesn't get digested and stings on the way out. This way the seeds will get spread about and more chilli's will grow.

psn quaddy456, Dark Souls tips

• imamazed 5 Jun 2013 12:27:33 5,455 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    sajasanman wrote:
    I don't understand hot food. I like some spice to make things interesting, but beyond a point it's just not pleasant. I can't see the reason why you'd want to train yourself to eat hotter and hotter food?
    Yes, but the more your tolerance grows the less you notice the heat and the more you can appreciate the dish as a whole, with the chilli as just one of the component flavours.
  • imamazed 5 Jun 2013 12:27:53 5,455 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    neilka wrote:
    +1
  • LeoliansBro 5 Jun 2013 12:29:12 41,872 posts
    Seen 22 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I hda an Ethiopian Curry fom Greenwich market a few weeks back. Not hugely spicy and all was going well until that evening, where halfway through the film I received an urgent warning and lost about 5 stone to the toilet in no more than 30 seconds.

LB, you really are a massive geek.

• Megapocalypse 5 Jun 2013 12:30:03 5,229 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    @sajasanman

I've never seen it as 'training' myself. More just enjoying the spice but eventually developing a tolerance so it's not as noticeable. When that happens I find something hotter to make it enjoyable again.

Like moving from soft to hard drugs when the high is no longer as good.
  • Deckard1 5 Jun 2013 12:30:43 25,418 posts
    Seen 20 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    You can sprinkle chilli seeds on your soup at the canteen at work. I've done this once. 5 hours later, on the running machine at the gym, I realised my error in judgement. I never want to be that close to a catastrophe again as long as I live. Plus the toilets in my gym are actually in the (always crowded) changing rooms. Blunderbuster.

Called it

• Guff-Pipe 5 Jun 2013 12:34:25 464 posts
    Seen 4 days ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    quadfather wrote:
    If you de-seed the chilli's before cooking, that can help. Deckard is right, it is the seeds. Nature created them so that when birds eat chilli's, the seed doesn't get digested and stings on the way out. This way the seeds will get spread about and more chilli's will grow.
    Ah! Interesting!! Makes sense! I understand not digesting the seed but why does the seed need to burn the poor birds hoop on the way out? Wouldn't that mean the bird would be less inclined to eat another chilli afterwards, making the spread of more seeds less likely?
  • Megapocalypse 5 Jun 2013 12:35:58 5,229 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    The birds don't eat the seeds because they burn on the way in too. Thus the seeds end up scattered on the ground.

Edited by Megapocalypse at 12:36:20 05-06-2013
  • Deckard1 5 Jun 2013 12:37:18 25,418 posts
    Seen 20 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    I doubt a bird has the intelligence to relate a slightly hot arsehole, with the food they ate 8 hours before.

Called it

• Load_2.0 5 Jun 2013 12:38:03 18,201 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    neilka wrote:
    Yeah, someone who knows what to do when they really get crancked up.
  • mrpon 5 Jun 2013 12:39:05 27,648 posts
    Seen 5 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Deckard1 wrote:
    I doubt a bird has the intelligence to relate a slightly hot arsehole, with the food they ate 8 hours before.
    What about the flying kind?

Give yourself 5 or gig, you're worth it.

• Guff-Pipe 5 Jun 2013 12:39:42 464 posts
    Seen 4 days ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    @Megapocalypse Ah, Cheers! I was thinking the bird needed to fly off somewhere else to spread the seeds further afield.
  • Guff-Pipe 5 Jun 2013 12:40:22 464 posts
    Seen 4 days ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Deckard1 wrote:
    Good point! :)
  • CosmicFuzz 5 Jun 2013 12:40:42 21,251 posts
    Seen 37 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    mrpon wrote:
    Deckard1 wrote:
    mrpon loves a bird with a slightly hot arsehole

What's your thoughts on Heroes Reborn? Read my TV musings here.

• Deckard1 5 Jun 2013 12:42:39 25,418 posts
    Seen 20 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    CosmicFuzz wrote:
    mrpon wrote:
    Deckard1 wrote:
    mrpon loves a bird with a slightly hot arsehole
    "Just bend over next to that fire please love, I'll be with you in a moment"

Called it

• quadfather 5 Jun 2013 12:43:05 10,549 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Yeah, maybe it's the fact it burns on the way in so they leave them alone. Either way, nature made them hot to protect them

• Deckard1 5 Jun 2013 12:46:04 25,418 posts
    Seen 20 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    I imagine it just made them hot to stop them eating them. Though seeds tend to be indigestible so they're spread by things pooing them out anyways.

Or who knows, maybe all this stuff just happens.

Called it

• Derblington 5 Jun 2013 12:47:37 20,977 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    I've done the "worlds hottest" hotdog. It was excruciating eating it - the second it touches your lips you break out in sweat, your eyes and nose water, and you get instant hiccups and shakes as your body goes into overdrive. Each of the 4 mouthfuls felt like swallowing glass, and it burns your skin a bit so I was left with a very red mouth.

That was nothing compared to the day after which is easily the most painful day of my life to date. I would have taken myself to hospital to get stomach pumped had I been able to move. It was like pissing acid and shitting lava. My stomach hurt, walking hurt because of the movement of your arse cheeks and I had to keep checking I wasn't pissing myself because it was all numb down there from the fire piss. Loo breaks were every 20 minutes for about 12 hours, and I dreaded every single one of them because it hurt so much. I was running wads of toilet paper under the cold tap before wiping.

I don't do drunken food challenges anymore.
  • Guff-Pipe 5 Jun 2013 12:49:33 464 posts
    Seen 4 days ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Great! Love Educational threads! Back on topic, I love spicy curries but suffer from hoop pain. I enjoy curry too much so have to make the sacrifice! I find a large blob of Savon on the bog roll does the trick after the bomb doors have opened. Also, tea seems to ease your mouth pain after eating chillies, or hot curry, although it could be the milk in it that soothes.
  • quadfather 5 Jun 2013 12:50:36 10,549 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    My mate has just signed me up for a chilli and spicy wing eating contest, the fucking twat

I love hot food, but only to a point. I had some chilli vodka once and that was like trying to swallow a brick

• Guff-Pipe 5 Jun 2013 12:51:52 464 posts
    Seen 4 days ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Derblington wrote:
    I've done the "worlds hottest" hotdog. It was excruciating eating it - the second it touches your lips you break out in sweat, your eyes and nose water, and you get instant hiccups and shakes as your body goes into overdrive. Each of the 4 mouthfuls felt like swallowing glass, and it burns your skin a bit so I was left with a very red mouth.

That was nothing compared to the day after which is easily the most painful day of my life to date. I would have taken myself to hospital to get stomach pumped had I been able to move. It was like pissing acid and shitting lava. My stomach hurt, walking hurt because of the movement of your arse cheeks and I had to keep checking I wasn't pissing myself because it was all numb down there from the fire piss. Loo breaks were every 20 minutes for about 12 hours, and I dreaded every single one of them because it hurt so much. I was running wads of toilet paper under the cold tap before wiping.

I don't do drunken food challenges anymore.
    Brilliant!!!! :) I shall read at this on the throne Sunday morning after I have been to the Viceroy, and count my blessings!!
  • MrTomFTW Moderator 5 Jun 2013 12:59:32 36,297 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    At the EG Expo curry night last year I questioned the sanity of those going for the really hot food, especially since they'd be queuing around Earls Court the next day.

I totally called it.
    Follow me on Twitter: @MrTom
    Voted by the community "Best mod" 2011, 2012 and 2013.

• Derblington 5 Jun 2013 12:59:47 20,977 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    It wasn't brilliant, it was horrific. It sounds funny when I tell people but its easily the single worst thing I've ever been through. The hotdog sauce is 2 million scoville, and I'm reasonably convinced its made from mace as its legal in Sweden and the burn was instant upon eating.

I won a t-shirt for finishing it (it had to be devoured within 5 minutes) but I lost it on the way home because I was fucked up.
  • Megapocalypse 5 Jun 2013 13:10:52 5,229 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Derblington wrote:
    It wasn't brilliant, it was horrific. It sounds funny when I tell people but its easily the single worst thing I've ever been through.
    The more horrific it is for you, the funnier it is for everybody else. Thus are the rules of the drunken challenge.
  • Load_2.0 5 Jun 2013 13:11:38 18,201 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    I think birds have the capacity to make the connection between a burning ass and what they eat.

Which is good news for us. An eagle dumping a load of burning hot shite directly onto your face is not something I want to experience. Twice.

Edited by Load_2.0 at 13:12:06 05-06-2013
  • RobTheBuilder 5 Jun 2013 13:19:52 6,521 posts
    Seen 5 months ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    This thread is going to run and run like deckard at the gym...
  • TarickStonefire 5 Jun 2013 13:20:33 2,665 posts
    Seen 22 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    LeoliansBro wrote:
    I hda an Ethiopian Curry fom Greenwich market a few weeks back. Not hugely spicy and all was going well until that evening, where halfway through the film I received an urgent warning and lost about 5 stone to the toilet in no more than 30 seconds.
    Genuine LOL :D

Any Netflix library in the world for a couple of quid a month? Gimme!

• Page

of 6 First / Last